Leighton Meester In Vera Wang – DKMS’ 5th Annual Gala

Leighton Meester attended the DKMS’ 5th Annual Gala in New York City last night.

She wore her second Vera Wang look of the day.

This tobacco silk one shoulder dress with draped shoulder is from the Pre-Fall 2011 collection.

Her shortened dress was paired with Brian Atwood ‘Debra’ pumps, Cathy Waterman jewels and Jimmy Choo ‘Tube’ clutch.

I really love this look. Vera Wang dresses give her an amazing silhouette, but I don’t love the shoes.

Leighton has the most interesting and varied shoe collections in Hollywood, but on this occasion I find them too stark in contrast with the rest of her look.

[nggallery id=754]

Credit: Style.com & Getty

2011 Royal Wedding Guests

2011 Royal Wedding Guests

Catherine Middleton In Sarah Burton For Alexander McQueen - 2011 Royal Wedding Evening Celebrations

Catherine Middleton In Sarah Burton For Alexander McQueen – 2011 Royal Wedding Evening Celebrations

23 Responses to Leighton Meester In Vera Wang – DKMS’ 5th Annual Gala

1. ShoeGal April 29, 2011 at 18:52 #

Ugh I just can’t past her head. Ombre hair is the worst trend to hit in years. She looks like she is simply umkept with those roots half way down her head. The dress is boring and loathe the mustard shoes.

2. Victoria April 29, 2011 at 18:55 #

Ooh Leighton looks gorgeous here! :D I actually quite like the shoes too though.

P.S. Happy birthday to you FC! I hope you have a beautiful and blessed year ahead! :)

• Fashion Critic April 29, 2011 at 19:10 #

3. Hannah April 29, 2011 at 18:55 #

I really like this look, but it is teh worst I have seen her look since her musical experimentation days. I like the dress, but I almost wish fro a different colour or a smokey eye for her to pull it off, and an inch off the hem, the lenght is really awkward. I also agree that she has incredible shoes, and her hair is alway slovely, but neither are working here. Yellow and brown barely ever work together, and although her hair is gorgeous, the ombre colouring and the indecisive parting are reall issues in my eyes. She just isn’t as polishe dand put together as normal.
    Vera and Katharina looks gorgeous, I wish leighton had worn eithe rof their dresses. Also, HOW is Vera Wang 61? HOW?

• Hannah April 29, 2011 at 21:09 #

FC have you seen the VEra Wang ad she is in? It is stunning, Liv Tyler is also in a new Givenchy ad, it’s such a good celebrity/designer contracts day for me :)

4. Taylor April 29, 2011 at 19:00 #

I have to disagree and say the mustard shoes goes perfectly with her dress. Another hit from Leighton.

• Jen April 29, 2011 at 21:23 #

I agree – loved the shoes.

• KateS April 30, 2011 at 12:04 #

Me too – I like it all.

5. Fashionmeal April 29, 2011 at 19:03 #

LOVED the yellow shoes with that dress. G’job.

6. Tarfah April 29, 2011 at 19:06 #

i do like the shoes, its so chic and it really works with her look

7. Ewww April 29, 2011 at 19:08 #

she looks awful.

8. Emma April 29, 2011 at 19:10 #

Everything is great except the shoes. They are a huge step down from the Roger Vivier shoes with the bees/bugs on them she wore for the Lovestruck presentation

9. grace April 29, 2011 at 19:40 #

she has a fantastic body! and that dress really showcases her gorgeousness…on another note–i cannot stand the hair. she has such glossy and envious lock but the ombre is just horrible. i don’t like the shoes either. such a pity because normally i am lovestruck with her shoe choices! i loved her roger viver shoes she wore with a black outfit…they were so special and adorable…just like her!

10. dee April 29, 2011 at 19:43 #

I don’t like her hair. I like the dress and shoe combo.

• Alina April 30, 2011 at 05:38 #

I agree.

11. BN April 29, 2011 at 19:50 #

In the close up pictures her face looks stunning, if only she did something about that hair!

P.S.-Happy Birthday FC!

12. Emi April 29, 2011 at 21:14 #

I like her a lot! I agree about the shoes, too bright, but in the end they don’t ruin the outfit. But the hair is so ugly, I think she looks great as a brunette.

13. Julianne April 29, 2011 at 21:19 #

Weird, i loved the shoes paired with the dress.
    And when I was her new hairstyle i’ve become really excited about it. I don’t have anything against ombre, I actually like it.
    But for those who didn’t like: She’ll change it in some weeks. That’s what Leighton does. She’s just changing her face for a awhile, soon she’ll get a different color :)

• Julianne April 29, 2011 at 21:21 #

I’m not a big fan of the clutch.

14. Julianne April 29, 2011 at 21:23 #

Oh, and it was her third Vera Wang look of the day, tbh
    She was in Wang’s apartment to launch ‘Lovestruck’
    I can’t wait to see your thought of the ad, FC :)

15. rebecca o April 30, 2011 at 07:17 #

Hate the shoes. She looks so stumpy.

16. bb April 30, 2011 at 10:34 #

I kinda love the shoes with the dress
    But just wish she wore something long and dressier than this. It’s gala no?

Nonetheless, beautiful as always

17. mochababe73 May 2, 2011 at 03:12 #

Like the dress but not crazy about the color.
    I’m on the fence with the styling. Something about the shoes and clutch together are just not working for me. And, the two tone hair is not may favorite.