Catherine Middleton, Duchess of Cambridge was seen leaving Clarence House to travel to Buckingham Palace for the evening celebrations following her wedding to Prince William, Duke of Cambridge in London today.

She was glowing as any bride would be on her big day wearing another Sarah Burton for Alexander McQueen gown.

The white sweetheart neckline satin gown with an embellished waistband was paired with a white mohair cropped cardigan.

Fun fact of the day, Catherine did her own make-up for her wedding.

Credit: Getty

49 thoughts on “Catherine Middleton In Sarah Burton For Alexander McQueen – 2011 Royal Wedding Evening Celebrations

1. Lee Ann

I wish that we could have seen the dress without the shrug. I do hope she puts on some weight now because her head is starting to look bigger than her body

2. robbie

she looks beautiful again my only dislike is the skirt it looks very stiff, someone more flowy would have looked lovely especially if she is going to be dancing and partying with her husband.

1. lifeisdolce

i don’t know, i thought that when i saw the photographs too, but when you see the video of her walking the skirt seems to have a wonderful fall and sway

3. From Russia With Love

I prefer this one. But I’m still rather disappointed – both of this dresses could come from anywhere – they have nothing McQueenish about them. On the other hand I loved Pippa’s dress – it screamed McQueen, was interesting and event appropriate.

1. liv

i agree. i don’t see the mcqueen aesthetic in either dresses. why even go with mcqueen when ANYONE could have made the dresses.

4. LizLemooooon

I’m very anti-royallist but I can admit she looks stunning. Her hair is as envy-inducing as ever, that cropped cardigan is a bit too girlish and 90s but the dress seems nice.
    I was hoping she’d wear something more form fitting but I guess she decided to play it even safer than usual for the wedding.

5. justme

I don’t like the cardigan.
    And kudos to her for the make-up, EVERYBODY I know (myself included) think it’s flawless. She looks radiant.

6. Emi

No, I don’t like it, she looks like a dancer of a tv show, but I don’t know the exact english word to describe it. However, no. But she did a great job with the make up, I liked it.

7. dee

I like this better than her wedding gown. She looks pretty. i would like to see how this looks without the shrug.

8. Rebecca

Gorgeous. I like the shrug, but for this occasion silk or lace might have been a better choice than mohair–I think the mohair will look dated in the future.

9. Lils

Once again she looks perfect. The dress is beautiful and the shrug don’t bother me. As for the makeup it’s great!

10. mol

She does look gorg and so does the dress, but I hope she gets hot and takes that darn shrug off – I think it’s horrible!

11. Mel

I thought this is the same dress, but without the French Chantilly and the bigger skirt. If feels for me like this is the base of the dress with a belt and a cardigan. The top is the same, that’s for sure.

Nowadays I love both looks.

12. Charlotte

Waoh! I really do love Kate Middleton’s choices today. She has been flawless. I’m in awe. I think her and William are so in love and I hope they have an amazing future. That wedding was just what this country needed! Although, I’m sad it’s over!

I loved your coverage all of today FC and you played a part in making this day memorable for me and probably, for many others! Thank you and I hope you had an amazing birthday! xo

1. JoJo

U hope they have an amazing future ummm….he is RICH and he is born RICH no need 2 wish anything his ancestors own terriotories all over the world.

13. alannah

stunning yet again. im amazed that she did her own – it looks amazing & id be waaaay too scared id stuff it up.
    this gives people like christina no excuse for always having tacky make up considering they have make up artists.x

14. Pati

I like it too, but again it´s ill fitting in the bust area… It just looks silly with those pointy and empty cups! I thought exactly the same of her wedding dress! I couldn´t think of anything else than that she was paying tribute to Madonna´s 80´s style! It is really distracting..

15. Clover

Oh no no no no! Wouldn’t a beautiful updo have set this look off perfectly??
    The HAIR Kate, the HAIR!!

16. Valeria

i agree about the ill-fitted bust and the fact that dresses have nothing McQueen about them, it’s so safe it’s quite uninspiring, actually. But make-up is flawless!

17. Raquel

She looks happy, radiant and even though I’m no a fan of this dress, it’s nice and elegant.

Oh, and happy birthday, FC! All the best, always!

18. Marvel

She looks great. I loved that she decided to change into something more relaxing but still so elegant

19. mochababe73

I prefer this over the wedding dress.
    Neither dress impressed me really. I guess that I really do find her a bit boring. Like I wrote before, if the McQueen label is going to custom make a dress for me, it’s not going to look off the rack.

20. NineteenEightyFour

I sort of agree but I saw a beautiful photo of her dress with the lace details on her skirt and I almost died! There is not much McQueen-ness about the two dresses (though the lace v-neck and the bust style is rather cool) I think that Pippa’s dress was stunning! but it is sad to think that Kate may have allowed her sister to steal a lot of the fashion thunder from her big day then again, it shows what a great girl she is, wanting her sister to look and feel equally as stunning as her, and her mother too! All three ladies and also Camilla looked gorgeous! We must all remember that Kate is first and foremost now a princess in the public eye, she is marrying into one of the more traditional monarchies in Europe and she has a duty to stay elegant, poised and not push the envelope too much cause if she did do something crazy edgy with her dress, she would’ve been called a ‘try hard!’ – I love her dress and I have it on my inspiration board, it gives me the ultimate shivers!

21. Kristina

She looks beautiful but both of her looks were super safe. I understand its a big day not just for her but the royal family, but I was expecting more!

22. Jazz

i wouldve loved this look even more without the shrug. its strapless no?? quite the american style for the now royal brit

23. lucy

Both the dresses are stunning. she looks beautiful. Sarah Burton did a great job. she lives up to Mcqueens Name.

24. Karen

I think she looks better here than in her boring wedding dress if I had to choose between the two. At least she looks her own age here: whereas, she looked much older than her 29 years in that wedding dress. But i rather she left the shrug at home.

25. jackie

She did look elegantly beautiful and we loved the mohair cardigan … great to see the support for a natural fibre.