29.04.11

Catherine Middleton, Duchess of Cambridge was seen leaving Clarence House to travel to Buckingham Palace for the evening celebrations following her wedding to Prince William, Duke of Cambridge in London today.

She was glowing as any bride would be on her big day wearing another Sarah Burton for Alexander McQueen gown.

The white sweetheart neckline satin gown with an embellished waistband was paired with a white mohair cropped cardigan.

Fun fact of the day, Catherine did her own make-up for her wedding.

Credit: Getty

Angelababy's Delpozo Floral-Print Silk-Gazar Dress

Angelababy’s Delpozo Floral-Print Silk-Gazar Dress

Rihanna Attends DKMS’ 5th Annual Gala & Reb'l Fleur Fragrance Launch

Rihanna Attends DKMS’ 5th Annual Gala & Reb’l Fleur Fragrance Launch

49 Responses to Catherine Middleton In Sarah Burton For Alexander McQueen – 2011 Royal Wedding Evening Celebrations

1. Paddy M April 29, 2011 at 21:30 #

Two amazing looks in one day…albeit one pretty incredible day!

2. Lee Ann April 29, 2011 at 21:31 #

I wish that we could have seen the dress without the shrug. I do hope she puts on some weight now because her head is starting to look bigger than her body

3. Mahima April 29, 2011 at 21:34 #

its so pretty.

4. robbie April 29, 2011 at 21:34 #

she looks beautiful again my only dislike is the skirt it looks very stiff, someone more flowy would have looked lovely especially if she is going to be dancing and partying with her husband.

• lifeisdolce April 29, 2011 at 22:08 #

i don’t know, i thought that when i saw the photographs too, but when you see the video of her walking the skirt seems to have a wonderful fall and sway

5. From Russia With Love April 29, 2011 at 21:40 #

I prefer this one. But I’m still rather disappointed – both of this dresses could come from anywhere – they have nothing McQueenish about them. On the other hand I loved Pippa’s dress – it screamed McQueen, was interesting and event appropriate.

• liv April 30, 2011 at 00:27 #

i agree. i don’t see the mcqueen aesthetic in either dresses. why even go with mcqueen when ANYONE could have made the dresses.

• lucy May 1, 2011 at 01:38 #

Maybe Because Mcqueen Is An Amazing Designer.

6. LizLemooooon April 29, 2011 at 21:40 #

I’m very anti-royallist but I can admit she looks stunning. Her hair is as envy-inducing as ever, that cropped cardigan is a bit too girlish and 90s but the dress seems nice.
    I was hoping she’d wear something more form fitting but I guess she decided to play it even safer than usual for the wedding.

7. justme April 29, 2011 at 21:41 #

I don’t like the cardigan.
    And kudos to her for the make-up, EVERYBODY I know (myself included) think it’s flawless. She looks radiant.

8. Emi April 29, 2011 at 21:44 #

No, I don’t like it, she looks like a dancer of a tv show, but I don’t know the exact english word to describe it. However, no. But she did a great job with the make up, I liked it.

9. dee April 29, 2011 at 21:52 #

I like this better than her wedding gown. She looks pretty. i would like to see how this looks without the shrug.

10. ellen April 29, 2011 at 21:54 #

gorgeous! i die!

11. Julianne April 29, 2011 at 21:54 #

Precious, flawless, stunning, etc
    No wrong in her big day.

• mm April 29, 2011 at 22:38 #

i agree

12. Rebecca April 29, 2011 at 21:55 #

Gorgeous. I like the shrug, but for this occasion silk or lace might have been a better choice than mohair–I think the mohair will look dated in the future.

13. Lils April 29, 2011 at 22:03 #

Once again she looks perfect. The dress is beautiful and the shrug don’t bother me. As for the makeup it’s great!

14. mol April 29, 2011 at 22:20 #

She does look gorg and so does the dress, but I hope she gets hot and takes that darn shrug off – I think it’s horrible!

15. Mel April 29, 2011 at 22:26 #

I thought this is the same dress, but without the French Chantilly and the bigger skirt. If feels for me like this is the base of the dress with a belt and a cardigan. The top is the same, that’s for sure.

Nowadays I love both looks.

16. Charlotte April 29, 2011 at 22:27 #

Waoh! I really do love Kate Middleton’s choices today. She has been flawless. I’m in awe. I think her and William are so in love and I hope they have an amazing future. That wedding was just what this country needed! Although, I’m sad it’s over!

I loved your coverage all of today FC and you played a part in making this day memorable for me and probably, for many others! Thank you and I hope you had an amazing birthday! xo

• Fashion Critic April 29, 2011 at 22:30 #

Thank you. It was a beautiful ceremony and she looked so beautiful

• JoJo April 30, 2011 at 17:47 #

U hope they have an amazing future ummm….he is RICH and he is born RICH no need 2 wish anything his ancestors own terriotories all over the world.

17. alannah April 29, 2011 at 22:45 #

stunning yet again. im amazed that she did her own – it looks amazing & id be waaaay too scared id stuff it up.
    this gives people like christina no excuse for always having tacky make up considering they have make up artists.x

18. Pati April 29, 2011 at 23:01 #

I like it too, but again it´s ill fitting in the bust area… It just looks silly with those pointy and empty cups! I thought exactly the same of her wedding dress! I couldn´t think of anything else than that she was paying tribute to Madonna´s 80´s style! It is really distracting..

19. abasss April 29, 2011 at 23:46 #

Loose the cardigan, add some jewels and it looks perfect. As it is now, I don’t like it.

20. Tania April 29, 2011 at 23:53 #

Happy Birthday FC, thanks for the coverage today x

• Fashion Critic April 30, 2011 at 00:37 #

you are very welcome and thank you x

21. Kingpin April 30, 2011 at 00:03 #

So fuzy! So fun!!

22. Hisadora April 30, 2011 at 01:48 #

oh God she looks PERFECT!!!!!! Love it.

23. Clover April 30, 2011 at 03:53 #

Oh no no no no! Wouldn’t a beautiful updo have set this look off perfectly??
    The HAIR Kate, the HAIR!!

24. Valeria April 30, 2011 at 05:21 #

i agree about the ill-fitted bust and the fact that dresses have nothing McQueen about them, it’s so safe it’s quite uninspiring, actually. But make-up is flawless!

25. Alina April 30, 2011 at 05:34 #

Love this!

26. Raquel April 30, 2011 at 05:36 #

She looks happy, radiant and even though I’m no a fan of this dress, it’s nice and elegant.

Oh, and happy birthday, FC! All the best, always!

• Fashion Critic April 30, 2011 at 07:12 #

Thanks Raquel

• Vera April 30, 2011 at 14:02 #

Happy birthday!

• Fashion Critic April 30, 2011 at 14:57 #

27. Ayesha April 30, 2011 at 09:01 #

fabulous!!

28. Marvel April 30, 2011 at 12:06 #

She looks great. I loved that she decided to change into something more relaxing but still so elegant

29. Vidhya April 30, 2011 at 12:49 #

beautiful but too simple..

when are you going to refer to her as her royal highness, FC???? :D

30. mochababe73 April 30, 2011 at 14:26 #

I prefer this over the wedding dress.
    Neither dress impressed me really. I guess that I really do find her a bit boring. Like I wrote before, if the McQueen label is going to custom make a dress for me, it’s not going to look off the rack.

31. Shaina April 30, 2011 at 15:21 #

That is a beautiful gown, and it makes her waist look so tiny!

32. NineteenEightyFour April 30, 2011 at 16:07 #

I sort of agree but I saw a beautiful photo of her dress with the lace details on her skirt and I almost died! There is not much McQueen-ness about the two dresses (though the lace v-neck and the bust style is rather cool) I think that Pippa’s dress was stunning! but it is sad to think that Kate may have allowed her sister to steal a lot of the fashion thunder from her big day then again, it shows what a great girl she is, wanting her sister to look and feel equally as stunning as her, and her mother too! All three ladies and also Camilla looked gorgeous! We must all remember that Kate is first and foremost now a princess in the public eye, she is marrying into one of the more traditional monarchies in Europe and she has a duty to stay elegant, poised and not push the envelope too much cause if she did do something crazy edgy with her dress, she would’ve been called a ‘try hard!’ – I love her dress and I have it on my inspiration board, it gives me the ultimate shivers!

33. Kristina April 30, 2011 at 16:32 #

She looks beautiful but both of her looks were super safe. I understand its a big day not just for her but the royal family, but I was expecting more!

34. Becca April 30, 2011 at 19:17 #

just screams winter wedding, no?

35. Jazz April 30, 2011 at 20:14 #

i wouldve loved this look even more without the shrug. its strapless no?? quite the american style for the now royal brit

36. lucy May 1, 2011 at 20:02 #

Both the dresses are stunning. she looks beautiful. Sarah Burton did a great job. she lives up to Mcqueens Name.

37. Karen May 2, 2011 at 04:39 #

I think she looks better here than in her boring wedding dress if I had to choose between the two. At least she looks her own age here: whereas, she looked much older than her 29 years in that wedding dress. But i rather she left the shrug at home.

38. jackie May 3, 2011 at 11:31 #

She did look elegantly beautiful and we loved the mohair cardigan … great to see the support for a natural fibre.