29.04.11

2011 Royal Wedding Guests

Hundreds of guests attended the Royal Wedding of Prince William and Catherine Middleton today.

Here are some of the one’s we were keen to see.

Charlene Wittstock opted for a pale blue Akris look with a wide brimmed hat. The look is classic and chic, yet I must admit I was a bit disappointed by it. I was expecting more from her.

Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden didn’t disappoint. She wore a long-sleeved V neck Elie Saab Spring 2011 dress.

She also opted for a wide brim hat and matching suede Elie Saab platform shoes.

You know how I feel about electric blue, so I loved Tara Palmer-Tomkinson’s look.

I think she looked very elegant in her form fitting Deborah Milner dress which was accessorised with matching gloves, Nicholas Kirkwood pearl accented heels and a Philip Treacy fascinator.

Samantha Cameron opted for a simple no fuss teal Burberry dress with an Erdem necklace and Aldo ‘Samella’ heels.

Princess Ameerah Al Tawil, wife of Saudi Prince Al Walid bin Talal wore a custom made Zuhair Muard Couture dress especially made for the occasion. The light rosewood satin with silk lace overcoat was decorated with hand embroidered organza flowers.

Her dress and overcoat were accessorized with matching shoes, a clutch, gloves and a hat all by Zuhair Murad. She was one of my favourites at this event.

Karen Gordon, fiancé to Earl Spencer wore a pink custom Bibhu Mohapatra dress and jacket. I loved the hat, even though it covered her face.

[nggallery id=753]

Credit: Getty

Valentino Garavani Creates Wedding Dress for Princess Madeleine of Sweden

Valentino Garavani Creates Wedding Dress for Princess Madeleine of Sweden

Catherine Middleton In Sarah Burton For Alexander McQueen - 2011 Royal Wedding Evening Celebrations

Catherine Middleton In Sarah Burton For Alexander McQueen – 2011 Royal Wedding Evening Celebrations

51 Responses to 2011 Royal Wedding Guests

1. Paddy M April 29, 2011 at 18:18 #

I like everything about Tara’s look, but not together. Matchy-matchy only works when it’s done subtly. Her look is overkill.

I do like Zara Phillips’ outfit though.

2. Fashionmeal April 29, 2011 at 18:21 #

Nicholas Kirkwood is what she wore! I was going crazy trying to remember that one! She was my favorite. I loved her mono chromatic look! And that’s my favorite shade of blue too! :D

3. dee April 29, 2011 at 18:24 #

Love the 2nd and 3rd looks. I am with you FC, the blue outfit is fabulous.

4. Hannah April 29, 2011 at 18:27 #

I liked Charlene Wittstock’s look, I think that she may have had a better dress under that coat, btu either way she looked lvoely. I also think that she is respecting the fact it is Kate’s wedding, probably as she would want her own to be respected. I loved the coral elie saab dress, she really never disappoints. Tara PT was amazing! I have a lvoe hate relationship with electric blue, it is so often misused and abused, so I am glad she didn’t do ti. I was afraid her reputation would preceed her, btu sh eactually looks incredible. She had one of the best dresses of the day, easily the best shoes and the hat wasn’t half as ugly as certain others were. Her dress was by Deborah Milner.
    I really disliked SamCam’s look, I thought it wasn’t quite right for a wedding, it was a little off, a bit unflattering, and the hair was bad MOB hair. Also, her shoes are aldo (I think) and her necklace is actually erickson beamon.

• Fashion Critic April 29, 2011 at 18:52 #

• E April 29, 2011 at 21:39 #

You raise a good point – the press will definitely compare Kate and Charlene’s weddings later on (since their weddings dates are relatively close) :\

5. Grazia for Fashionwidget April 29, 2011 at 18:40 #

I could have sworn those electric blue peep toe pumps were Louboutins but thanks for clarifying that they are Nicholas Kirkwood.

6. Lee Ann April 29, 2011 at 18:53 #

TPT’s outfit is more suited for Vegas. I love the colour and the look from the neck down and knees up but the shoes have got to be the tackiest shoes that I have ever seen and please do not get me started on the hat..

7. Grazia for Fashionwidget April 29, 2011 at 18:55 #

We loved Princess Beatrice’s look best, antlers and all. :-) The Cobalt blue ensemble was pretty good too and Posh as well.

8. noo April 29, 2011 at 18:56 #

i adore tara’s look :D

9. Marvel April 29, 2011 at 19:01 #

LOVE all of these looks except for Samantha. I feel like she’s trying how fashionable she is.

Loving Tara’s look

• Moxie April 29, 2011 at 20:26 #

Really? She was my second favorite, after Princess Victoria. Although, I wish Samantha had worn shoes to match her wrap. That would have been a bold choice.

• Marvel April 30, 2011 at 23:42 #

Yeah, She looks so naked without a hat. I think if she wore a hat she would have looked more ‘British’.

I LOVE your suggestion. She would have looked 10x better had she worn orange shoes to matcjh.

10. Lee Ann April 29, 2011 at 19:17 #

One of my favourites was of Princess Laetitia of Spain it was a slightly calmer version of what Princess Ameerah wore.

• Gamine April 30, 2011 at 03:17 #

I agree, Laeticia was the best dressed for me… after Kate!

• slashdot May 2, 2011 at 08:47 #

I totally have to agree with you. Letizia looked so delicate and she has pure class. I loved the hat, very different from all the costumey, over the top headpieces I’ve seen at the wedding.

11. Elle April 29, 2011 at 19:17 #

Absolutely LOVE the coral Elie Saab ensemble and Ameerah’s outfit! The lace kinda reminds me of a Valentino dress and coat from last season’s collection. And I agree with the first comment about Tara: the colour is gorgeous, but there’s wayyy too much of it.
    Yeah, I read that Sam’s shoes were indeed from Aldo and that her head jewels were actually the ones by Erdem (not sure about the necklace though)

• Elle April 29, 2011 at 19:29 #

Btw FC, have you seen Lalla Salma of Morrocco? She was wearing traditional dress and looked beautiful!

12. dee April 29, 2011 at 19:45 #

I also like Princess Ameerah and Katherine Gordon’s outfits too. Divine.

13. Joy April 29, 2011 at 19:55 #

What happened to VB? We were all so looking forward to seeing what she was going to wear. I loved her hat but the dress?? KInda boring and kinda a tent.. Seems she doesn’t enjoy dressing for pregnancy. Of course David looked awesome.

• Fashion Critic April 29, 2011 at 19:57 #

She’s on page 2

14. Ling April 29, 2011 at 20:25 #

Absolutely LOVE Princess Ameerah’s outfit, by far one of the best dressed at the wedding! The princess in pink (from the Spanish royal family I believe? In one of the extra photos) is also wearing a lovely dress. I kind of wish that it’d been a summer wedding, maybe some of the outfits would have been less coat-like, too many of them seemed to have the same silhouette.

15. Moxie April 29, 2011 at 20:27 #

Maybe it is because I’m American, but I just don’t get all of these hats. Some of them are quite nice, but some are just way OTT.

16. robbie April 29, 2011 at 20:37 #

the only one that looks good to me is samantha cameron. glad she didnt wear a gat most of them looked ridiculous. tara palmer tomkinson she looks like something from a tin of quality street. the rest were boring.

17. weizz April 29, 2011 at 21:17 #

I like Samantha Cameron look, but hate the shoes.
    Where’s Sheikah Mozah!?, She was the only one that I was lookin for, I haven’t found a picture of her.

18. Emi April 29, 2011 at 21:37 #

There should be more royal wedding, I like reading all the comments. Charlene Wittstock’s outfit was understated and elegant but more right for a 50 years old woman. Victoria of Sweden looked very nice but maybe her dress is a bit too simple for the event. I quite dislike Samantha Cameron’s outfit, very simple, right to go out for dinner with her husband, which was very elegant, so they were a kinda odd couple (from a fashion point of view). Princess Ameerah Al Tawil caught my attention for her gorgeous dark hair, so beautiful I hardly noticed her outfit, quite good, actually. Karen Gordon was without praise or blame. And Tara Palmer-Tomkinson… I didn’t recognize her but I understood she was famous because she was filmed a lot, more than the Beckhams. I think she was a bit too matchy-matchy, which is something I really dislike…but it worked. The dress is really beautiful, the shoes, too. Maybe the long gloves were too much, but in the end she was one of the best dressed.

19. E April 29, 2011 at 21:50 #

Hmm I still have to say that Princess Victoria looks the best amongst the royal guests. I love Princess Ameerah Al Tawil’s Zuhair Murad ensemble, of course, but I just wish she had her hair up?

I really liked Tara PT’s electric blue outfit – it’s just so daring and eye catching :) but I think she probably should’ve toned down the matching-coloured accessories a little (perhaps a different shade of blue for her clutch?)

20. Robyn Hawk April 29, 2011 at 21:51 #

I am with you Princess Ameerah Al Tawil was my favorite guest.

BUT – I LOVED Samantha Cameron’s look – I was getting pearl overload! and the colors were incredible – she was a stand out!

Robyn

• mol April 29, 2011 at 22:19 #

I really did love the teal/orange color contrast, one I’ll think about using myself – nice!

21. 2c April 29, 2011 at 22:19 #

Princess Ameerah (lol btw Ameerah is also means Princess in Arabic so she’s Princess Princess!) definitely best dressed so super elegant

22. Jess April 29, 2011 at 22:29 #

Princess Ameerah Al Tawil and SamCam are the winners here. TPT looked awful in all that blue, talk about overkill!

23. mikeijames April 29, 2011 at 22:31 #

i loved all those side-sweeping hats that some of the younger royals wore like zara phillips! although it seems counterintuitive, i do believe a dashing hat would’ve helped pull samantha cameron’s look together.

24. mariella April 29, 2011 at 22:48 #

Where was queen Rania ? Ididn’t see a photo of Rania.

• delia April 30, 2011 at 22:28 #

I believe queen rania and King Abdullah of Jordan were not invited. I read it somewhere..im trying to look for it.

25. Erik April 29, 2011 at 23:00 #

No crown princess Maxima from the Netherlands? She looked outstanding!

26. RebelR April 30, 2011 at 00:54 #

WOW @ Princess Ameerah!

27. Amber April 30, 2011 at 03:38 #

That all blue ensemble is absolutely atrocious! She may have money, but she has no class whatsoever.

28. Alina April 30, 2011 at 06:02 #

Princess Ameerah Al Tawil looked STUNNING! She was my second favourite after Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden who was perfection!

29. rebecca o April 30, 2011 at 07:29 #

I love Samantha Cameron’s low key style.

30. worship_elle April 30, 2011 at 09:16 #

Feature princess Maxima too!! :-)

31. Stylish1 April 30, 2011 at 11:25 #

Earl Spencer’s three daughters (|Lady Amelia, Lady Eliza and Lady Kitty) stood out and looked really fresh and pretty.
    Princess Ameerah Al Tawil outfit was absolutely beautiful but was spoiled by her husband’s Prince Al Walid bin Talal serious lack of effort (He really is wearing rubber soled shoes and talking on his mobile phone on the red carpet).
    I loved TPT blue outfit but she should have worn a different hat especially since the one she wore seemed to point at her nose :-(
    My worst dressed guest was Samantha Cameron – I totally understand her wearing and supporting a British brand and not spending thousands on an outfit but Green and Orange always reminds me of Freddy Krueger (Nightmare on Elm Street). In my opinion she should have put more effort into her outfit, accessories and definitely worn a hat.

32. delia April 30, 2011 at 22:32 #

Princess Ameerah has gorgeous hair!!! its crazy.

33. Sharon May 1, 2011 at 05:48 #

Crown Princess Victoria is my favorite. She has a great body and shows it off perfectly. The dress she wore to the pre-wedding party was also gorgeous and my favorite among those I saw.

34. aiyu May 1, 2011 at 06:21 #

My fav. here is Samantha Cameron, love the colour combination.

All I notice of Princess Ameerah Al Tawil is her beautiful long shiny black hair!

35. Charlotte May 2, 2011 at 10:02 #

The Spaniards are definitely the best here, especially because Sofia and Letizia have the sanest looking hats. Muy bien!

36. Brittany May 2, 2011 at 16:59 #

I love Princess VIctoria’s look from head to toe. Her make-up is flawless yet understated and gorgeous. The dress fits like dream, and it was perfect for a spring wedding. Tara’s all blue ensemble was too much. She should have broken it up with some black, and it probably would have looked great. Princess Ameerah is a stunner. I’ve never seen her before. *Snaps* Work it darling. I loved Princess Letizia’s look. It was simple, but she looked gorgeous as always. Zara Phillips actually caught my eye. I loved the hat and the hair. She looked very regal but very fashion forward at the same time. Victoria Beckham was a killer in the Louboutin Daffoldil pumps. Those shoes are 6.5″, and she looked like she was walking on air. She carries pregnancy very well. I was excited as I was watching the arrival. I’m surprised that I didn’t see any Marchesa. I know the house of Marchesa is notorious for the detailing and sheer elegance. For the most part everyone looked great.

37. Lollo May 3, 2011 at 22:28 #

i loved the princess of sweden dress and hat

38. cHOOKsTAR May 5, 2011 at 06:26 #

Tara looked like she belonged on Star Trek..honestly. Another case of money cannot buy style….

Elegant, feminine and classy – try it some time Tara!

39. betsy July 6, 2011 at 16:20 #

Loved Samantha’s dress – found it at SAKS and bought it on sale to wear to my own son’s wedding. I will wear a hat also, and I am American. Hats complete an outfit and are very becoming if selected properly. Wish American’s would get with the program.
    Betsy

40. mohammad July 22, 2011 at 20:23 #

the Princess Ameerah Al Tawil look is the best actually she is better than kate middleton Because she wear Lebanese Costume designer zuhair murad ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden she look good and Modern this dress is lebanese EILE SAAB

41. m9 June 15, 2012 at 07:23 #

the Lebanese designers dressed half the lady guests up.