In New York City last night Sarah Jessica Parker attended the 2011 Brooklyn Artists Ball and “The Normal Heart” Broadway Opening Night with husband, Matthew Broderick.

As we saw in today’s WWIB poll, SJP likes to mix things up a bit.

She opted for a gorgeous Chanel Pre-Fall 2011 metallic tweed coat, over a Lanvin Spring 2011 bronzed olive ruched cocktail dress.

Both pieces complement each other so well.

It’s not often we see celebs create a look which consists of two pieces from different seasons.

Beachy waves and Manolo Blahnik black jewel encrusted heels completed SJP’s look.

[nggallery id=748]

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Live Stream: Elie Saab Fall 2014 Couture

Live Stream: Elie Saab Fall 2014 Couture

Leighton Meester In Vera Wang - Leighton Meester & Vera Wang Light The Empire State Building Red And White In Honor Of The 5th Annual DKMS Gala

Leighton Meester In Vera Wang – Leighton Meester & Vera Wang Light The Empire State Building Red And White In Honor Of The 5th Annual DKMS Gala

23 Responses to Sarah Jessica Parker In Lanvin & Chanel – “The Normal Heart” Broadway Opening Night

1. dee April 28, 2011 at 16:39 #

Hate the hair and dress. Love the coat and shoes.

2. Rachel April 28, 2011 at 16:41 #

Great legs, great outfit, but I think maybe it’s time for a litlle of Botox under the eyes… I don’t want to look mean, but if I had the money I would fix it…

• Joy April 28, 2011 at 18:24 #

Well, you do look mean.

• Lee Ann April 28, 2011 at 20:10 #

No she doesn ‘t. she is just expressing an opinion.

3. Joy April 28, 2011 at 16:41 #

Just perfect.

4. ShoeGal April 28, 2011 at 16:43 #

I love these 2 pieces together and I feel like only SJP could really pull it off. She has a real knack for mixing and matching pieces most of us would never even think of pairing together. She looks both glamorous and chic. Love it.

5. mm April 28, 2011 at 16:47 #

Love SJP look here

6. Lili April 28, 2011 at 16:50 #

What I like the most about SJP is that she keeps it natural. I mean: no plastic surgery, no botox or anything. She just shows how normal she is. I appreciate her wrinkles because they just remind us that even celebrities have flaws and age. So kudos for keeping it real. And she does look stunning, love the dress!

• Gigi April 28, 2011 at 17:55 #

I love her natural-ness regarding lack of the knife… I just wish she would cut her hair. It is so unflattering!

7. heather April 28, 2011 at 17:09 #

In my opinion, this Lanvin collection is rather unflattering (i.e. SJP, Uma Thurman). This is a pretty blah look, and her eye makeup really ages her. Overall disappointing.

8. Gaber April 28, 2011 at 17:37 #

I’d throw a BdotW-nod her way for this..

9. Hannah April 28, 2011 at 17:37 #

It’s a bit of a mess for me, I love the coat and the shoes and the dress, and possible even all together but it is too chucked on. The eye makeup is tragic, the hair is a little too undefined, and the bag has rendered me seething.
    I love the photo with Liv, mostly because I adore her, but also because, although she never really plays with fashion, she looks, form what I cna see, chic, simple and her hair and makeup is gorgeous.

10. Luis April 28, 2011 at 17:44 #

Perfect match without the head!

11. mol April 28, 2011 at 17:46 #

I love the first bottom picture – SJP reallyt has it all, great style, lovely marriage (romantic sigh…)

12. robbie April 28, 2011 at 17:55 #

she looks fantastic! i wish i had legs as toned as her. my only little dislike is the eye make-up not very flattering in pictures (except for the close up pohot) in the rest it looks like she hasnt slept for days.

13. Voguette April 28, 2011 at 18:58 #

She made this dress look intresting

14. Taylor April 28, 2011 at 19:26 #

Another great look from SJP

15. Molly April 28, 2011 at 19:32 #

Inspired!! Wow this look is amazing. These are all my favourite colours! She’s like a gorgeous oil slick! I agree about the ey make up but its her signature look at this stage so i guess she should just go with it! We know what age she is so why pretend to be any younger as long as she looks great and here, fo me, she does! I agree this should be in he running for BDOTW for her creativity and the ease with which she pulls this off, classic case of the person wearing the clothes not the clothes wearing the person.

16. Lee Ann April 28, 2011 at 20:12 #

Sorry but I think she looks like a hooker.

17. Sharon April 28, 2011 at 21:42 #

I love SJP and I love her in this outfit. The colors and style are gorgeous, and she;s got the perfect body for the dress. With all the talk about botox, I have to say that I admire the few celebrities that are aging right along with me.

18. KateS April 29, 2011 at 04:58 #

I like this much better than her last fancy coat-short dress broadway outing, I think because the pieces are tonal which helps tie all the patterns and textures together.

19. T. April 29, 2011 at 14:49 #

What a gorgeous combination!
    xx.

20. Rebecca April 30, 2011 at 05:07 #

The cross body strap from her bag causes a lot of problems with this look. She is not a beautiful woman, but she has a knock out body and amazing style and fashion sense. She also is a mother of three with a lot of stuff going on–she probably is tired!