Menu

27.04.11

Blake Lively In Zuhair Murad Couture – Time 100 Gala

Blake Lively glided down the red carpet at the Time 100 Gala in New York City last night.

The event honors the “100 Most Influential People in the World.” Blake made the list along with Justin Bieber, Oprah Winfrey and Tom Ford.

The ‘Gossip Girl’ actress becomes the latest star to opt for a rich red ‘do following Drew Barrymore and Mandy Moore.

Channeling Ariel from Disney’s ‘The Little Mermaid,’ Blake looked gorgeous wearing a sea green Zuhair Murad Couture gown with red soft waves.

The ombre chiffon v-neck gown with a crystal beaded bodice inset looks like a similar version from the Spring 2011 Couture collection.

The gown is so Blake.

I’m not surprised she went for the sexier version of this Couture dress, but that is why I love her. She’s never afraid to put it out there.

I also love the new hair colour. It gives her a fresh glow.

Love it or hate it?

Credit: ZuhairMurad.com & Zuma Press

Elsa Pataky In Catherine Deane - "Fast & Furious 5: Rio Heist" Madrid Photocall

Elsa Pataky In Catherine Deane – “Fast & Furious 5: Rio Heist” Madrid Photocall

Anna Kendrick In Z Spoke by Zac Posen - Time 100 Gala

Anna Kendrick In Z Spoke by Zac Posen – Time 100 Gala

89 Responses to Blake Lively In Zuhair Murad Couture – Time 100 Gala

1. mari April 27, 2011 at 17:38 #

runway dress is much more elegant, love the fabric, but…
    I think redheads in general look better without a fake tan, blondes sometimes look very nice, but many do overdoit, or get it all wrong for pictures.
    If she’s going red, she should stop tanning, I agree wth the comments about the red hair and her skin being too much the same bronze tone.
    Yes, I feel a little mermaid vibe, but I’s very grateful that she’s not lifting the dress to show her legs, like she and other have done before the cameras
    (I remember her at some awards presenting while holding her gown up to her knees)

2. OZALES April 27, 2011 at 17:31 #

WOW! Everytime Blake is RCFA she’s sure to get 60 or more comments. Lol. Love to Hate her.

She looks good in her new hair color.

3. Pascale April 27, 2011 at 17:30 #

I agree with many others, this to me is pageant, tacky, like a very expensive prom dress – the original dress was much more better. Not to mention, not to mention the fake tan…
    Get a freaking stylist women.

4. Tahj April 27, 2011 at 17:16 #

she looks like ariel in a bad way. I think it’s ridiculous she made the Time 100 list. Who is she influencing? Just an example of the favoritism that goes on in hollywood. This girl is being treated like an a-list movie star off Gossip Girl? Give me a break. All she does is show up on red carpets and cozy up to big wigs in hollywood and Anna Wintour and now she’s getting roles and list placements based on her connections in hollywood. Not fair.

5. dee April 27, 2011 at 16:49 #

Hate the hair color. The gown is gorgeous though.

6. Tania (itsnishy) April 27, 2011 at 16:41 #

I LOVE THIS LOOK. Period. BDOTW!

7. JANE April 27, 2011 at 16:35 #

This shows off her ability to make the most beautiful dresses look cheap

love the new hairdo

8. Laura April 27, 2011 at 15:58 #

The hair ruins it and makes it too costumey. On blonde Blake, I’d really love it. But the “Ariel” vibe is too overwhelming for me.

9. cass April 27, 2011 at 15:48 #

She looks fabulous!

10. ShoeGal April 27, 2011 at 15:46 #

I love the dress and it looks good on her body but her hair looks HORRID. She needs to stop bathing in orangey self tanner. Her hair is now only a few shades from being the same color as her fake skin tone. This girl just bores me to no end. She tried to look different and still looks boring.

11. Susana Yamaguchi April 27, 2011 at 15:25 #

The dress is outstanding! Perfect!
    But i didin’t like her new air colour, tough.

12. perfumeorpoison April 27, 2011 at 15:15 #

SWOON!

13. Moxie April 27, 2011 at 15:15 #

LOVE LOVE LOVE – BDOTW contender for sure.

14. Anissa April 27, 2011 at 15:05 #

It’s a lovely dress (though I prefer it pre-modified) and she wears it well, but I hate the new hair color. It’s really wrong for her skin tone, and it ruins the look for me.
    This girl really needs a stylist. It’s embarrassing how the fashion world dotes on her, but she doesn’t get it right most of the time!

• ShoeGal April 27, 2011 at 15:47 #

So true! Why she is such a darlign in the fashion world totally escapes me.

15. Ariel April 27, 2011 at 14:49 #

Love this gown on the runway and on Blake! Her hair looks beautiful and I agree that the new color makes her glow. Hopefully this new color would make her style her hair more often as it looks gorgeous here. BDOTW!

16. ale April 27, 2011 at 13:34 #

no. this is tragic in every single way.

17. Marvel April 27, 2011 at 13:25 #

LOVE it. She can do no wrong in my eyes.

To all the people who say why is she ‘influential’, surely you know its a PR move. Hardly anyone on that list is influential. She has a movie to promote in the next few weeks as well as a TV show. Its all a PR move

18. gragriP. April 27, 2011 at 13:16 #

it’s strange to see her with a new hair color but I like it…the dress is not one of my favourite cause I’m not a huge Zuhair Murad fan but it works somehow….

19. Mahima April 27, 2011 at 13:04 #

She dyed her hair for a movie before the Green Lantern btw.
    She looks really good.

20. Jones19 April 27, 2011 at 12:57 #

This photo just took my breath away. She looks stunning. Does anyone know why she’s gone red? Is it for a movie role? Love the shade.

21. Alice[*] April 27, 2011 at 12:45 #

She looks like a goddess to me.She seems a new person,but at the same time she’s still the lovely Blake .BDOTW.

22. Dorian Gray April 27, 2011 at 12:20 #

I’d love her even with green hair (and without dress, oops, maybe even more) 🙂

23. manja April 27, 2011 at 12:13 #

i have no idea why is she on that list?!on what merits?beacuse she is beautiful and in a tv series?????strange i must say.
    nice look any way,except the fake ten,not the best of her but nice

• Lee Ann April 27, 2011 at 13:03 #

Please read the website because each nomination has an essay some of which are quite interesting which explains the reason why they were nominated. You might then not agree but you will however learn the reasoning behind each decision.

• Sisi April 27, 2011 at 14:44 #

Because she is in Green Lantern. The movie invests by Times Warner comes out on June!

• Voguette April 27, 2011 at 18:07 #

Makes sense. Ryan Reynold from Green Lantern is “People’s sexiest men alive” and People magazine is also owned by TIME WARNER

• Emi April 27, 2011 at 20:39 #

Have you ever notice that according to People, the most beautiful persons are those who are or going to be successful? Jennifer Lopez is almost every day on People, because of the tv show she works for and they decided she’s the most beautiful. C’mon…

• Mahima April 27, 2011 at 22:08 #

Okay, all of you say she’s not influential but her posts on here have the most comments. She makes people talk. Influential does not mean changing the world for the better, but just changing someone or something. She does that. People talk about Blake whether it be her show or her acting, but they still talk, making her influential.

24. Voguette April 27, 2011 at 12:09 #

Everybody wore coctail dresses and only Blake wore couture gown

Always overdressed, always attention seeker

25. M April 27, 2011 at 12:04 #

no doubt she’s one person that draws alot of comments… both good n bad… but.. on this occasion, i love her look, lover her hair, love everything… she looks fab…

26. Luis Santos April 27, 2011 at 11:48 #

I don’t like the color…

27. robbie April 27, 2011 at 11:45 #

gorgeous dress shame she ruined it, please blake put your frickin t*ts away for a change.

• Dora April 27, 2011 at 16:23 #

I agree, I like the dress a lot but Blake just makes it look cheap.

28. Cara April 27, 2011 at 11:24 #

i have to admit because of the annoying-ness of serena in gossip girl, i dont like blake lively (even though i am completely aware she plays a character and that is not her i cant shake the prejudice)

BUT

she looks amazing here! i love her hair its a nice change and her body looks fantastic.

BDOTW contender for sure!

29. Michelle April 27, 2011 at 11:23 #

I think the modification totally puts a pageant spin on it and cheapens the look. The look does not seem “effortless” to me, I think we have seen better from Blake. Love the hair though

30. Joy April 27, 2011 at 11:15 #

Hate the bejeweled bodice, makes the whole look so tacky. The new hair color is too dark and blends with her too tanned face.

• Alina April 27, 2011 at 12:10 #

Ditto.

• heather April 27, 2011 at 16:35 #

Double ditto. From her skin to her hair, she looks like she got dipped in orange easter egg dye.

• gossip_bangkok April 27, 2011 at 14:12 #

agree with the bejeweled bodice.

31. gossip_bangkok April 27, 2011 at 11:09 #

Beautiful! However, if I had to choose between the runway’s version, or Blake’s version, I would have gone for the runway’s.

32. angela April 27, 2011 at 10:36 #

LOVE it. with no doubt.

33. Ayesha April 27, 2011 at 10:29 #

it’s quite a good look,i like the hair color too…BDOTW worthy for me.

34. Karis April 27, 2011 at 09:48 #

First time in a while I have loved Blake’s look. BDOTW Worthy.

35. Anna April 27, 2011 at 09:19 #

I love this dress (although the neckline was better in the original), but I seriously hate how it looks on Blake. It’s not the hair, not the body obviously, it’s not the make-up – it’s her face that makes the look tacky for me.

I don’t mean to say she’s not beautiful, because she is. But her face is rather.. well simple, girl-next-door, cute, bla-bla. Imagine this dress on someone else – same neckline, same everything – just different face. It makes a huge difference.

First time in my life I really started thinking how much facial features are bringing into an outfit – either make it or ruin it.

• Sisi April 27, 2011 at 10:32 #

CANT AGREE MORE!
      Her pose and her facial expression just make the whole dress so tacky.
      She needs a stylist ASAP. She just got the whole idea of stylist wrong.
      She made the wrong choices of her shoes all the time. It is not like she does not have choice.
      She makes the list of Time 100, because she is in Green Lantern, which is invested by TIMES WARNER.

• Emi April 27, 2011 at 20:34 #

Thanks, now it’s clear why she’s in the list., which are not reliable.

36. Lina April 27, 2011 at 09:16 #

I love everything about the look!

37. Arabian Fashionista April 27, 2011 at 08:57 #

A really tacky choice. The original version is so much more beautiful and ethereal I don’t know why she wanted to modify with adding the detail of the bra. I think she should’ve dressed more demurely for such an event

• Fashion Critic April 27, 2011 at 09:47 #

I don’t think she modified a dress, I just used a similar dress from the same collection to illustrate the dress.

38. mikeijames April 27, 2011 at 08:51 #

i cannot concentrate on that dress as long as her hair is that glaring color!!!!

39. Christina April 27, 2011 at 08:43 #

This, to me, is BDOTW material. I see some find it tacky and what-not, but at least Blake’s never boring. I don’t find myself minding the hair color one bit, as I assume it’s just for a shorter period anyways (I don’t think she’ll give up on the blond do anytime soon.) But you know, someone will always dislike, no matter on who, how and where. Like you say- love or hate. There’s almost no in between within fashion and celebrities.

40. Matt April 27, 2011 at 08:38 #

At first glance I love it, but as I look at it more, I love it less, the tan shouldn’t even have happened, The new hair color is fine and the dress…I’m on the fence

41. laura D April 27, 2011 at 08:06 #

I am on the fence about the neckline, but very happy that the bottom was modified so that the folds come to the side, instead of right in the center.

42. Sasha April 27, 2011 at 07:57 #

this is one hell of a tacky miss world outfit

I know taste is subjective but how can anyone not see that?

43. E April 27, 2011 at 07:37 #

I don’t like the modification. The neckline of the gown was beautiful originally, the modification makes it look much cheaper.

44. Dee April 27, 2011 at 07:36 #

I love the dress as well. And Ariel was the first thing that popped in my head when I saw it! Question, though:

Why do you love her for “putting it out there” but always scold Halle for doing the same?

• Fashion Critic April 27, 2011 at 07:42 #

Halle Berry wears almost the same version of the same dress every time. I have said that several times. Nearly always a LBD with a plunging neckline.

I don’t see the comparison to Blake. I really don’t.

• justme April 27, 2011 at 20:04 #

I agree with you.
      While I really like Blake’s look, why does she always get a pass for exposing the twins when Halle doesn’t?

45. Emma April 27, 2011 at 07:26 #

I strongly dislike this look. Blake makes the dress looks cheap, it reminds me of somethin a contender for the Miss Universe title would wear.

Blake looks so much better as a blonde. And she should skip the fake tan.

• Emi April 27, 2011 at 08:17 #

I agree with you about the Miss Universe dress, I was thinking about something like that and then I read your comment. In the end, quite tacky look from her, as usual. Also, I don’t understand why Americans always think that they’re the most inflential people of the world, really absurd. There’re billions of people in the world and they think they’re the most beautiful, powerful, interesting, influential… Does anybody know that outside U.S. we don’t care about Oprah and C. (with due respect for her, of course)?

• Lee Ann April 27, 2011 at 09:37 #

There are many non Americans on the list-perhaps you might want to read it before making vast generalisations. I also think that whilst you may not care about Oprah , the media industry does and watches very closely what she does .

• laura D April 27, 2011 at 09:46 #

While I agree that Americans can be egotistical to the point of absurdity, I also think that Americans *are* (for better or worse) the most influential people in the world. Does that mean everyone follows our pop culture, of course not. But can you name a single nation/culture that is, currently, more influential?

• Emi April 27, 2011 at 10:50 #

I expected replies like these. I love american music, movies, some aspect of its culture, I just wrote that Americans usually thinks that they’re the most in any fields. I read People’s most beautiful people list and it’s ridiculous, because there’re beautiful men and women from many countries and they totally ignored them. Also, some people of this list are actually quite ugly. Maybe beautiful means successful. It’s undeniable that Oprah is a big star in the U.S. and world wide known but European people don’t mind and it’s a fact: Letterman is an inspiration for tv presenters all around the world, not Oprah. B.Lively among the 100 most influential people is even more ridiculous. Period.

• Leti April 27, 2011 at 16:04 #

Blake’s a beautiful girl with an enviable figure so, of course, she looks good. But, I agree that the dress looked classier (and plenty sexy) on the runway, and when I saw her modifications, the word pageant came to mind. I also hate the hair! I’m not saying she can’t rock this shade, but not when its that close in color to the shade of fake’n’bake she’s currently sporting. Her hair and skin are so close in color it oddly washes her out.

46. Mackentiff April 27, 2011 at 07:25 #

Adore the dress. Love the hair colour.

47. nicky April 27, 2011 at 07:20 #

she looks beautiful but predictable as usual…but on a more serious note, how on earth did she make the times list?

• Megan April 27, 2011 at 09:55 #

I just don’t know?nearly every popular celeb during the year makes it I don’t agree.
      Anyway the dress is beautiful but hate the hair.

48. Vicky April 27, 2011 at 07:18 #

Wow! I like this, very different look for her. BDOTW competitor for me

49. Janice April 27, 2011 at 07:09 #

she looks absolutely beautiful. BDOTW?

• B April 27, 2011 at 10:30 #

I adore this. It seems very effortless, she looks at ease, and despite wearing a very expensive dress is ready to enjoy herself. The more I look at her, I the more I cannot picture anyone else pulling this off half as well.

50. Lily April 27, 2011 at 07:06 #

I like Blake, but I hate the hair and I read on Twitter that she ripped her dress at the party. If true, very unfortunate, but I can see how it happened.

• Fashion Critic April 27, 2011 at 07:13 #

The train is missing in some outside pictures.

I can also see how someone could’ve just stepped on it and it ripped off.