Anna Kendrick In Z Spoke by Zac Posen – Time 100 Gala

In New York City last night, Anna Kendrick arrived at the Time 100 Gala which honors the “100 Most Influential People in the World.”

She opted for a Z Spoke by Zac Posen Fall 2011 LBD.

The sexy black Z Spoke cocktail dress with a plunging neckline was paired with black pumps and Cartier jewels.

Despite the jewels I’m not getting any sparkle from this look.

The dress is gorgeous, but like her Twilight co-star Ashley Greene yesterday, Anna breathes no life into this look.

A pop of colour is desperately needed via a clutch, her shoes or a rich lip colour would have lifted this look.

I have struggled to love Anna Kendrick’s red carpet looks since her fabulous Zac Posen dress at the 2010 MTV Movie Awards which was nearly a year ago.

Credit: Style.com, Fame Pictures & Zuma Press

Blake Lively In Zuhair Murad Couture - Time 100 Gala

Blake Lively In Zuhair Murad Couture – Time 100 Gala

In Hilary Duff's Closet - Bec & Bridge Escape Striped Long Dress

In Hilary Duff’s Closet – Bec & Bridge Escape Striped Long Dress

15 Responses to Anna Kendrick In Z Spoke by Zac Posen – Time 100 Gala

1. Michelle April 27, 2011 at 11:17 #

Emerald earrings or perhaps a striking eye shadow would have been nice. Love the hair and dress though… it just missing that extra touch

2. Alina April 27, 2011 at 12:12 #

Boring.

3. ShoeGal April 27, 2011 at 15:43 #

I love an all black look,I don’t think black needs to constantly be tackied up with color. Sometimes it’s best to look simple. This look is plenty sexy without adding more to it. The dress also gives her some pretty amazing cleavage. I think she looks fantastic.

4. Leti April 27, 2011 at 15:58 #

I think she looks great in this dress, but I have to agree that there’s something missing, though not necessarily color. She should have added more drama through her makeup, a smoky eye, perhaps? I also find the shoes boring.

5. Laura April 27, 2011 at 16:02 #

Too much black and too much blah for me. A nice bright color heel (though not red though) would’ve elevated this look a bunch.

6. heather April 27, 2011 at 16:30 #

If only she’d worn the belt! Some interesting shoes and hemming the dress a couple of inches and this would have been a much better look on her.

• dee April 27, 2011 at 16:51 #

I agree with all your suggestions.

7. amber April 27, 2011 at 17:50 #

don’t look the dress as it is already but she definitely didn’t add anything to the look.

8. Hisadora April 27, 2011 at 18:03 #

I think she totally lost her sparkle…

9. Hannah April 27, 2011 at 19:42 #

This is actually a relief for me, she has dressed near to apallingly recently, at least my memory tells me that, and so I am glad for this look. I love the chocie of dress, it really does good thing for her figure, and her shoulders don’t look as weak as they usually do. I almost started singing when I saw the hair, she has always failed me with her hair, but it is glorious here.
    I am though, reallydisappointed with tehshoes, I always felt like I could rely on her and Leighton for itneresting footwear choices, apparently not.
    My biggest issue is that since becomign famous, sh ehas lost any sens eof fun she once had, and is maybe taking it too seriously or trying to be somethign she isn’t. All I’m saying is that the smiley happy girl in the elie saab couture is a distant memory.

• Fashion Critic April 27, 2011 at 19:52 #

I agree. she doesn’t seem to be having fun anymore

10. Emi April 27, 2011 at 20:29 #

Ugly from head to toe. This look also ages her.

11. Cara April 28, 2011 at 01:29 #

i love the dress but this look would be improved dramatically by a bright belt! and a statement necklace would also look nice i think.

Also agree with the suggestion for it to be hemmed a bit shorter!

12. KateS April 28, 2011 at 01:35 #

This is such a boring Simplicity or Buttericks pattern from days of yore – nothing of interest here, although a belt, sandals and earrings might have helped.

13. Katie April 28, 2011 at 10:30 #

This dress is wearing Anna…it’s just blah…