26.04.11

Sheika Mozah bint Nasser Al Missned’s Spanish State Visit

The Emir of Qatar arrived in Madrid on Monday with his wife, Sheika Mozah bint Nasser Al Missned.

During the state visit we got to see her most exquisite unique style.

I don’t think I’ve seen a woman look so elegant and effortless chic. I’m quite blown away by her style and beauty.

She was welcomed by Queen Sofia of Spain at El Pardo Palace in Madrid wearing an ivory long sleeved dress which she wore with a matching blazer over her shoulders.

Her accessories included her trademark turban, white pumps, a tan clutch and a matching belt.

I’m getting a Hermes vibe from this look.

During lunch at Zarzuela Palace with Prince Felipe of Spain and Princess Letizia of Spain we got so see a second look.

Her purple long sleeved full-length dress with an open neckline is my favourite out of the three.

The vibrant colour and complementary accessories win me over.

At the Gala Dinner honoring the Emir of Qatar and Sheika Mozah bint Nasser Al Missned, she wore a Chanel Spring 2011 Couture gown.

The luminescent crystal effect gown with a pink ribbon accent was teamed with another turban and a quilted clutch.

Now I have two reasons to take an interest.

Sheika Mozah bint Nasser Al Missned and Victoria Beckham.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Frugal Friday

Frugal Friday

Rose Byrne In Chanel - 6th Annual Tribeca Film Festival Artist Dinner Hosted By Chanel

Rose Byrne In Chanel – 6th Annual Tribeca Film Festival Artist Dinner Hosted By Chanel

68 Responses to Sheika Mozah bint Nasser Al Missned’s Spanish State Visit

1. Jarrold April 26, 2011 at 16:24 #

MY GOD! Why have I never known about her before. She is the epitome of elegance

• Lee Ann April 26, 2011 at 16:36 #

Her family own Harrods

2. Samantha April 26, 2011 at 16:26 #

All three looks are so spot-on, but the one on the left is out of this world. The dress fits here so well, the ivory color looks amazing with her skin, and it is so effortlessly sexy. It shows off her figure perfectly. I couldn’t love it more.

3. Terry April 26, 2011 at 16:33 #

Impressive! She’s very beautiful and her style perfectly emphasizes her.

4. Lee Ann April 26, 2011 at 16:37 #

Not sure about the shoes and her love of the knife

• Fashion Critic April 26, 2011 at 16:45 #

love of the knife?

• Lee Ann April 26, 2011 at 17:02 #

Plastic surgery

• Fashion Critic April 26, 2011 at 17:08 #

oooh….

5. Maky April 26, 2011 at 16:44 #

FC,i’ve been waiting for you to blog about her flawless style,and you finally did :)

• Fashion Critic April 26, 2011 at 16:46 #

absolutely flawless. I don’t know how she skipped my radar.

• noo April 26, 2011 at 19:10 #

i was going to send you a veeeeeeerry long plea to cover this chanel loving style icon :D thank you so much :D

• Fashion Critic April 26, 2011 at 20:11 #

You are very welcome

6. Mina April 26, 2011 at 16:49 #

FC, thanks so much for covering Sheika Mozah!!! To us middle easterners, she is even of greater inspiration because she is impeccably dressed WHILE simultaneously going by the Islamic code of dress for women (covered hair, legs and arms). It’s so extremely hard to dress so well and go by those rules, but she does it flawlessly.

• Fashion Critic April 26, 2011 at 16:53 #

I couldn’t agree more.

7. Lo April 26, 2011 at 16:52 #

Flawless. Perfect.

8. From Russia With Love April 26, 2011 at 17:12 #

Wow. I have goosebumps.

9. Taylor April 26, 2011 at 17:42 #

Admired her style for a while now and I love how she keeps it stylish and traditional. Am I correct in thinking she’s the 3rd wife?

• Alina April 26, 2011 at 18:04 #

She’s the second wife of the three.

She looks stunning ! I love all three looks. The first one is sexy,the second one is chic,the third one is sooo elegant. She’s perfection!

I think that Princess Letitzia of Spain also looked stunning at the Gala Dinner honoring the Emir of Qatar and Sheika Mozah bint Nasser Al Missned.

10. Lara April 26, 2011 at 18:03 #

She is gorgeous and so chic. I found this link that had a lot of her fashion choices

Stunning

11. f4fashion April 26, 2011 at 18:25 #

Sheika Mozah has an impeccable style. I LOVE her first look(minus the shoes). Well I must say I’m pretty excited to see The Crown Princess of Sweden at the royal wedding too! She often wears Elie Saab ;)

12. Paddy M April 26, 2011 at 18:30 #

Floored by all three looks, especially the first one. Would love to know who designed them.

13. anne April 26, 2011 at 18:32 #

Very stylish! I get a Sophia Loren vibe from this pictures or anyway something close to old Hollywood. I m very much in love with the first two outfits and i think it has a lot to do with the attitude and the way she wears the dresses.

14. CreoleLady April 26, 2011 at 18:46 #

Her figure is incredible in the ivory. Although covered, the ivory very much reveals her feminine form.

15. nicole April 26, 2011 at 18:51 #

Wow perfect.

16. mm April 26, 2011 at 18:53 #

There are alot of women required to dress this way, covered hair, body etc.. and they are not islamic.

This is how it should be done! Pls the 1st look BDOTW.

17. noo April 26, 2011 at 19:11 #

i love all three looks and i hope they all end up on the bdotw list, the first one is my fave :D

18. Hannah April 26, 2011 at 19:27 #

I love her style! It is so graceful and chic and completely appropriate to how I believe her religion teaches her to dress (sorry if I am incorrect on that). The first and second looks are easily my favourites, am definitely getting that superchic almost 7o’s hermes vibe from the first look.

19. Ines April 26, 2011 at 19:32 #

Yeah Mozah finally made it to RC fashionawards ! She is one of the most stylish with Queen Rania of Jordan and you can bet that she’ll blow our mind away at the wedding! That’s why I am praying for Middleton to rock us some McQueen or else she’ll be completely oveshadowed Princess Letizia got a nice style too :)

20. ahot April 26, 2011 at 19:42 #

dead @ “Sheika Mozah bint Nasser Al Missned is on the royal wedding guest list for this Friday.
    Now I have two reasons to take an interest.
    Sheika Mozah bint Nasser Al Missned and Victoria Beckham.”
    It’s so funny that none of us is interested in the bride! Those two make my list too, & the Queen of Qatar always looks wunderful

• Fashion Critic April 26, 2011 at 20:10 #

If Kate has a 10th of her style I would take an interest in her dress.

• Megan April 26, 2011 at 22:41 #

Completely agree with you FC! Though McQueen would be an amazing dress I wouldn’t really
        Like if kate wore it because it just wouldn’t be her and it would only be playing the role of a fairytale princess dress. McQueen should be worn by someone with the attitude and style.

21. BEE April 26, 2011 at 19:45 #

I have not yet come across a woman with so much style. This woman compelled me to write my first comment ever.

• Fashion Critic April 26, 2011 at 20:09 #

Thanks for your first comment x

22. dee April 26, 2011 at 20:19 #

Breathtaking and regal. Love all 3 looks especially the purple outfit.

23. Priscila April 26, 2011 at 21:12 #

I can understand people think she is elegant, but I can’t get over the fact that her husband is responsible for numerous human rights violations…

• Fashion Critic April 26, 2011 at 21:14 #

Thanks for your comment, but this post is about her style.

• Emi April 26, 2011 at 21:48 #

It’s about style but I appreciate Priscila’s comment.

• Hannah April 27, 2011 at 00:33 #

Me too, it’s like trying to look at a dior dress without thinking about what Galliano did and said.

• mol April 27, 2011 at 01:18 #

I too appreciate her comment…..we do ‘pass judgement’ on occassion about things other than strictly style; for example, mixed in with Camilla Belle’s great style are many complaints that her movie career is non existent and the fact that she goes to too many red carpet events for no good reason. Her perceived lack of talent/career consistently taints the way many people feel about her appearance. In this case, Sheika Mozah wears very expensive clothes beautifully, but perhaps the money for her great style has come from a less savory place and I don’t see why that shouldn’t have some at least small part in the conversation about her style…but that’s just my opinion, and I do love this blog for all its great style! : )

• Emi April 27, 2011 at 06:34 #

I love this blog, too! I totally agree with you about what you wrote about her expensive clothes.

• than April 27, 2011 at 10:45 #

I completely disagree… Incase none of you have googled Qatar or the middle east for that matter, that area is filthy rich in oil and natural gas revenue. Qatar has the highest natural gas production in the world (although Russia has a more abundant supply). The emir may violate some human rights codes but that is a question of his code of ethics and morals not his wealth. His wife also has a variety of businesses that make her wealthy on her own account even if apart from her husband.
          That being said FC could you please post pictures from the rest of her visit she wore an exquisite green outfit I think and several gorgeous ones that are so elegant but I could only briefly spot on the news.

• Nick April 27, 2011 at 01:39 #

Same.. i think that you can marvel at her style and her grace but it its important to remember the suffering and abuses which occur behind the scenes as well.. That said stunning and i love the 1st look

• Sara April 28, 2011 at 16:01 #

She’s amazing a true fashion icon!
      Priscila it’s a fashion blog not a political one. I am a huge fan of FC but I never really leave a comment, however I couldn’t stand that you trashed her husband like that when you don’t even know him? please don’t judge a book by its cover I’ve meet her and her husband personally! the nicest people ever(period) So whatever you read be sure of it before you create propaganda!! He made so many donations for different causes! you would run to him in baskin robbins buying ice cream for his kids and he’s a king!! nothing I can say can describe how amazing he is as a king and as human.
      Sorry for the interpolation just wanted to clear things out =)

24. mariella April 26, 2011 at 21:25 #

One word – Elegant

25. mariella April 26, 2011 at 21:37 #

I’m from Spain , these days , all the fashion magazines are writing about Sheikha Mozah Bint Nasser’s style , they are agree in one thing , she is elegant , beautiful, glamorous…
    Today I sew that Neta -A Porter included in his 30 best dressed list Princess Amira Al Taweel, another middle east woman with a perfect style.

• Hannah April 27, 2011 at 22:38 #

You are so lucky, I am half Spanish and I revel in the magazines when I am there. They are so much more tasteful and itneresting than ours, at least in my opinion an dfrom what I have seen, so I am not surprised that they featured her.

26. Emi April 26, 2011 at 21:43 #

I know her from before, she’s famous in Italy, very classy, sometimes OTT but always interesting. I agree about the plastic surgery, she looks different in these photos. Also, she has a lot of children, so she looks great!

27. Emi April 26, 2011 at 21:47 #

28. asherlev1 April 26, 2011 at 21:51 #

Nothing is going to beat the purple dress for BDOTW for me.

29. Dirk April 26, 2011 at 22:07 #

I LOVE her. Dang. Never heard of her before, but she just reeks of nonchalant elegance. Especially the one on the left.

‘Oh, this old white thing? I had nothing else to wear so i just threw it on. No big deal.”

30. pam April 26, 2011 at 22:19 #

Maybe it’s just me, but I find the purple one dowdy. The length is awkward and the bow belt is just a little too twee for the rest of the dress. The Chanel looks like a bathrobe. I do like the first one. I have been looking at it and I can’t decide if the blazer has sleeves or is it a cape? Also is the back of the blazer belted to her waist or does the skirt have a bustle? Or is it just an optical illusion?

31. Jennesia April 26, 2011 at 23:37 #

I am drawn to the first look she just exudes such confidence.

32. Matt April 27, 2011 at 00:49 #

Plastic surgery or not, this woman is absolutely elegant and I have loved her for a while now, i’m just glad you finally got to know her too

33. Hauteness April 27, 2011 at 01:30 #

PERFECTION!

34. Thomas Monks April 27, 2011 at 01:59 #

FC Charlene Whitstock of Monaco is also on the guest list I hear so the seeming of Armani Prive will be extremely likely as we all know Charlene is very loyal to Mr Armani for important State Events

35. Karen April 27, 2011 at 02:51 #

Whoa I’m intrigued. Never noticed this woman before but she looks so sharp. She looks fabulous and she’s dressed age appropriate too. That and to make it look so chic is not an easy task.

36. Raquel April 27, 2011 at 04:17 #

Aside everything else – elegance, class, beauty – this woman oozes *power*.

37. Maryam April 27, 2011 at 06:34 #

Her style is impeccable, that’s for sure! Thank you FC for posting about her, we love your blog here in Qatar;-)

• Fashion Critic April 27, 2011 at 06:36 #

you are welcome

38. Yasmine April 27, 2011 at 07:43 #

wow, i’m floored and speechless

39. Chanel April 27, 2011 at 08:02 #

She looks stunning! :D I love her style! Classic, elegant, feminine, stylish and chic – and so good mixed! Love her style!

40. Dana April 27, 2011 at 10:56 #

On the contrary to what everybody thinks, Sheikha Moza is considered a pioneer in legislating human, women and children rights (which are parts of Islamic Teachings) into Qatar Law. We, women in Qatar ,look up to her as role model in so many ways.
    On the other hand, Qatar is one of the wealthiest countries, and both the people of Qatar and the royal family have an access to big Brands and couture. We care a lot about fashion, but it doesn’t show because we wear Hijabs.
    I apologize to the blogger for talking about non-fashion related topic, however, I felt it’s not fair for our Lady to be perceived as abuser or wife of dictator….

41. Luis Santos April 27, 2011 at 11:59 #

“Sheika Mozah bint Nasser Al Missned and Victoria Beckham.”
    I will also add Letizia of Spain who can be a good surprise…

42. LizMelendreras April 27, 2011 at 13:36 #

Exquisite. Point blank. I aspire to be as elegant as she is. Mind, body, and style of course. The best in a long time posted on RCFA. She beats out any fashionista contenders within her age and status.

43. Danielle April 27, 2011 at 14:25 #

Are we seeing any of these looks in BDOTW?
    My favorite is the long-sleeved ivory gown!

• Fashion Critic April 27, 2011 at 14:37 #

yes the favourite seems to be the first dress

44. Katie April 28, 2011 at 10:37 #

Wow, wow wow….it’s true she is the epitome of style…who else get pull of this look to such perfection…

45. Sue Jin April 29, 2011 at 00:47 #

I love the first ivory look on the left! It’s complete perfection! Thank you for posting this.