Zoe Saldana was in good spirits as she walked the red carpet at the 54th San Francisco International Film Awards which was held at the W San Francisco on Saturday.

The actress is the first person to wear a look from the Salvatore Ferragamo Fall 2011 collection.

Her strapless dress with black beading detail wasn’t presented on the runway, but her dress resembles a top which was featured.

In true Zoe style, the actress looks absolutely flawless.

A punchy heel wasn’t needed as she let the dress do all the talking.

Sweeping her hair back the actress allowed us to see her stunning diamond earrings.

She truly evoked the classic elegance of Ferragamo in a cute and sexy way.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Charlotte Gainsbourg In Louis Vuitton - 'Nymphomaniac: Volume 2 - Directors Cut' Venice Film Festival Photocall

Charlotte Gainsbourg In Louis Vuitton – ‘Nymphomaniac: Volume 2 – Directors Cut’ Venice Film Festival Photocall

Fan Bing Bing In Tadashi Shoji - First Beijing International Film Festival

Fan Bing Bing In Tadashi Shoji – First Beijing International Film Festival

18 Responses to Zoe Saldana In Salvatore Ferragamo – 54th San Francisco International Film Awards

1. Alina April 25, 2011 at 15:21 #

I love this. Chic!

2. Elisa April 25, 2011 at 15:36 #

I really like this look, but sometimes I don’t think you’re quite consistent with your take on black pumps, FC. I love you and your work, but I think that this time you are blinded by your love for Saldana. Had it been someone else with these boring shoes to an interesting dress, I think you might have thought differently than “A punchy heel wasn’t needed as she let the dress do all the talking.”

Just a thought. :-)

Keep up the good work!

• Fashion Critic April 25, 2011 at 15:50 #

Granted I don’t like black pumps, but sometimes they do work with a look.

In this case I think they work. She is wearing grey and black after all. So I don’t think you quite understand my dislike for black pumps.

Had this been a yellow, nude, pink, orange or white dress, I would’ve hated black pumps.

With regards to Saldana, I’m quite indifferent to her.

I have more biased affection towards Cate Blanchett, Fan Bing Bing and Thandie Newton than I do to Zoe to be very honest.

• Kiran Sooknandan April 25, 2011 at 16:04 #

Elisa, if you check FC’s last post on Zoe (in Isabel Marant) wear she wears black shoes FC says she wish she opted for ”sexy strappy sandals.” The black pumps rule isn’t a concrete rule…it’s applied on a case by case basis.

• Fashion Critic April 25, 2011 at 16:19 #

Thanks Kiran x

3. maria April 25, 2011 at 15:39 #

i like it a lot, but i do believe the shoes let her down. They are a bit too boring and simple.

4. Brooke April 25, 2011 at 15:39 #

Ugh, I’m in love with her. Perfection every showing.

5. Emi April 25, 2011 at 15:46 #

The dress is really cute, she looks great, but more interesting shoes wouldn’t have been bothering… Maybe grey pumps…

6. Joy April 25, 2011 at 15:54 #

Wow, perfect.

7. Kiran Sooknandan April 25, 2011 at 16:00 #

Zoe is consistent and always chic, I’ll give her that. What I miss though are those wow moments (purple Givenchy couture, grey Roland Mouret, red Prabal Gurung for example) that made my jaw drop to the floor. I hope she brings back that edge to the red carpet that made her so exciting to see at each event.

8. dee April 25, 2011 at 16:47 #

One of my favorites. I really like this look. I like the hairstyle and pearl earrings especially. The dress is super cute.

9. Rebecca April 25, 2011 at 17:46 #

She does look adorable, and I can live with the shoes but….I keep thinking about those fabulous Ferragamo shoes you posted last week and can’t help but think that some of those would have added a little pizzaz here–even the ones on the model!

I so wish I could afford some of those delicious Ferragamo shoes you showed last week!

• Fashion Critic April 25, 2011 at 18:00 #

me too

10. mochababe73 April 25, 2011 at 20:51 #

I know that celebrities want to be the first to wear the new collections, but I do grow tired of seeing fall looks in the spring/summer. We just got finished wearing all of these dull, drab colors for fall/winter. Let’s see some spring looks.
    And, I find this boring.

11. Hannah April 25, 2011 at 22:14 #

I love Zoe, I always miss the days when she popped up on a red carpet every week.

12. Tania April 25, 2011 at 22:51 #

I love this look can it be a BDOTW contender?

13. Kelly April 27, 2011 at 00:05 #

I think she looks stunning, so chic. I don’t mind the black pumps as they do work with the black parts of her dress.

14. Karen April 27, 2011 at 02:57 #

For the first time ever I have to say that I don’t like Zoe in this dress. She usually looks fabulous to me but not today. This dress is so boring and there’s nothing special about it. Not sure why everyone is oooh ahhhing at all.