Zhang Ziyi In Christian Dior – First Beijing International Film Festival

Zhang Ziyi took to the red carpet yesterday with Jackie Chan to show her support for the First Beijing International Film Festival.

For the opening night of the six-day event, Zhang wore a Christian Dior Spring 2011 gorgeous azure blue gown.

The gown which has been lined from the runway version features an intricate embroidered design at the waist, which trails off into long tassels decorated with brightly coloured flowers.

Zhang went for all-out glamour with her look pairing the dress with some stunning jewels, including a matching necklace and earrings set and a row of diamond bracelets.

Her strappy heels were also adorned with gems, showing off her matching turquoise pedicure. She kept her makeup quite minimal focusing mainly on her eyes and had her hair twisted into a bun.

I love this look on Zhang as I think the colour looks incredible on her.

The dress definitely had a more tropical, beachy feel on the runway, but I think it translated perfectly on Zhang into a more exotic vibe and was a great choice for this type of event.

Definitely a worthy BDOTW contender.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Tia Mowry-Hardrict In Ellery - International Fashion Film Awards

Tia Mowry-Hardrict In Ellery – International Fashion Film Awards

Zoe Saldana In Salvatore Ferragamo - 54th San Francisco International Film Awards

Zoe Saldana In Salvatore Ferragamo – 54th San Francisco International Film Awards

21 Responses to Zhang Ziyi In Christian Dior – First Beijing International Film Festival

1. Rebecca April 25, 2011 at 14:57 #

I think this looks awful on her–she is gorgeous from the chest up, but the gown is too long waisted and the macrame mess at the waist drags it down further. So many beautiful dresses out there–why did she pick this one?

• Emi April 25, 2011 at 15:50 #

I agree with you, I think it fits her quite bad and I dislike all those colored tassels. I also think that the necklace isn’t right for that neck-hole. To me, not BDOTW contender.

2. Matt April 25, 2011 at 15:00 #

Thanks to you, I find myself keeping up with asian stars just to enjoy the glamor they ooze in everything they wear. I don’t think there has ever been a time where you hated their look.

3. Thomas Monks April 25, 2011 at 15:15 #

i def could have done without the fringe things makes it seem like a elementary school art project imo

4. k April 25, 2011 at 15:20 #

hate it

5. Alina April 25, 2011 at 15:29 #

She looks beautiful.

6. maria April 25, 2011 at 15:38 #

i love the dress, but the fit is just not as good as on the model. Maybe you need to have longer legs for this weird macrame thingie to shine.
    I also do not think that the necklace fits with the style of the dress. a bit too dressy.

7. Lee Ann April 25, 2011 at 16:20 #

I am not a fan of this collection and whilst I love the colour I think the dress is I’ll fitting and looks like something that is sold by the hawkers on beaches at Mauritius. From recollection it costs about £10,000. the dangly bits are leather. She makes this bad dress look good.

8. Gaber April 25, 2011 at 16:26 #

The lining takes away the dress’ playfulness and that combined with the embroidered detail makes it look quite heavy.
    It bothers me.

9. Zoe April 25, 2011 at 16:32 #

Blue has always been my girl’s color!I love this dress!

10. dee April 25, 2011 at 16:48 #

I love the color on her and I like this from the waist up. From the waist down is a disaster.

11. RW April 25, 2011 at 23:48 #

A worthy BDOTW contender? I think not. The dress is ill fitted (too long in the torse)and the embroidery at the waist is not flattering in no matter how I look at it.

12. KateS April 26, 2011 at 02:54 #

I think it still looks beachy, and the dropped waist feature isn’t all that flattering on Ziyi. Not dreadful, but definitely not BDOTW for me.

13. aiyu April 26, 2011 at 03:45 #

I disagree, the dress looks too big on her. I think she don’t have the height to carry it off.

14. grace April 26, 2011 at 10:13 #

Unfortunately, Zhang wore a fake dress, not the real Dior.

• Fashion Critic April 27, 2011 at 05:01 #

This is ridiculous.

Why would she wear a fake Christian Dior dress when so many designers loan her dresses?

This comment comes from a place of jealously me thinks

15. Sophia April 26, 2011 at 22:46 #

She’s never worn a knock-off, ever. Jealous fans of certain other Chinese actresses has been spreading these rumors forever, and the brands always came out in support of her.

I think she could have chosen a dress that shows off her petite form better, but she did her best with this dress. The hairstyle and jewels definitely gave it a more formal, tasteful, Grecian goddess vibe.

• Fashion Critic April 27, 2011 at 04:56 #

Thank you. I thought that comment was ridiculous too.

16. Sophie April 27, 2011 at 01:49 #

I think the Dior dress on her is nice. Blue is definitely suits her better. Zhang looks gorgeous as always.

17. Jennie April 28, 2011 at 13:35 #

if i didn’t see the original runway version, i would’ve liked it on zhang… but like others have said, the middle section looks a bit heavy for her size… perhaps if the dress was custom-made, sizing down the embroidered waist and lifting it up a bit, making the top body portion shorter than the bottom…. it would’ve been beautiful. kudos to ziyi for trying~

i also prefer the original see through sheer effect.

18. tina May 18, 2011 at 18:52 #

looks awful, don’t like this look on her and her