Who Wore Marchesa Better? Elle Fanning or Olivia Palermo

Elle Fanning was the first to wear a dress from Marchesa’s exquisitely designed Spring 2011 collection to the 17th Annual ELLE Women in Hollywood Tribute Event back in October.

The adorable actress looked picture perfect in an all-white version of the dress and managed to accomplish looking both age appropriate and stylish. Elle kept her long blonde hair down and straight and added a slick of plum-coloured lipstick.

This look would have been flawless had it not been for one small error – her shoes.

Elle chose a pair of black ankle strap heels and for me, they just don’t coordinate well with such a pretty dress. Despite this, there’s no denying how lovely she looks on the red carpet.

Earlier this month, Olivia Palermo wore the same dress to the Couple of the Year 2011 event in Hamburg, Germany.

Accompanied by her beau Johannes Huebl, Olivia spiced up her look with pearl earrings, sparkling jewels, an embellished Club Monaco clutch plus a striking pair of red and black satin heels.

Olivia is a red carpet professional and knows exactly how to work this look.

Her hair and makeup are impeccable and I love how her bright red nail polish matches her shoes and adds even more glamour to her sophisticated and romantic outfit.

This one was close because both Elle and Olivia look so beautiful, but Olivia pulls ahead with her standout accessories. Her stunning pair of shoes almost steals the show.

Credit: NYMag.com, Zuma Press & Getty

Best Dressed Of The Week - Helen Mirren In Dolce & Gabbana and Eva Mendes In Free People

Best Dressed Of The Week – Helen Mirren In Dolce & Gabbana and Eva Mendes In Free People

Hayden Panettiere In Julien Macdonald - 2011 Tribeca Film Festival "Hoodwinked Too" Screening

Hayden Panettiere In Julien Macdonald – 2011 Tribeca Film Festival “Hoodwinked Too” Screening

13 Responses to Who Wore Marchesa Better? Elle Fanning or Olivia Palermo

1. aiyu April 25, 2011 at 10:40 #

I voted for Elle, cause she looks so darn cute!

2. Kate April 25, 2011 at 11:30 #

i LOVE olivia’s shoes, and the dress, but somehow for me they don’t work together. the shoes are geometric and striking, while the dress is more romantic and floaty. but elle’s don’t work either… the model’s matchy matchy gets my vote in this case!

• nunoliuliu May 14, 2011 at 13:52 #

can’t agree more.

3. Lucía April 25, 2011 at 11:59 #

I agree with you, this is a difficult one. They both look so cute but the shoes Olivia chose make her win.

4. justme April 25, 2011 at 12:55 #

Lol I’m the opposite. I feel like Olivia’s shoes belong to another, edgier outfit.
    Elle picked the wrong colour but Mary Janes fit the romantic side of this dress.

5. Erica B. April 25, 2011 at 14:06 #

I think this dress is PERFECT for Elle. It seems a bit “juvenile” for Olivia.

6. Megan April 25, 2011 at 14:55 #

I voted for Olivia and I love her shoes but the shoes on the model are just so perfect.I wish the mint colour was kept on the dresses.

7. Emi April 25, 2011 at 15:56 #

Olivia, easily. I don’t like black shoes with white dresses. Olivia’s shoes are amazing.

8. samaira April 25, 2011 at 16:31 #

Whilst I prefer Olivia , I do however feel this isn’t a fair comparison, coz Elle is age appropriate while Olivia has better accessories…. imo.

9. pam April 25, 2011 at 20:04 #

Black mary janes are a classic shoe for girls so it doesn’t bother me as much as the red hot satin paired with such a sweet dress. Elle wins for me.

10. ShoeGal April 25, 2011 at 20:46 #

I much prefer Elle’s original neckline and I also think it is more age appropriate on her. Olivia’s shoes are amazing but they completely distract from the dress. Therefore Elle is the clear winner for me.

11. Karen April 27, 2011 at 03:05 #

I think its really hard to go up against Olivia because she’s always well put together. She’s tall and lean and that’s hard to beat.

12. hannah November 23, 2011 at 22:05 #

Definitely Elle. The look is supposed to me simple and elegant and Olivia’s accessories make the look too edgy .