Fan Bing Bing In Tadashi Shoji – First Beijing International Film Festival

Fan Bing Bing was also present for the opening night of the First Beijing International Film Festival.

She took a surprisingly sombre turn on the red carpet, donning this long-sleeved black dress from Tadashi Shoji’s Fall 2011 collection.

The actress wore her hair slicked back into a high ponytail and kept her makeup light, save for a slick of winged black eyeliner.

She carried a mini gold clutch and added a pair of patent leather platform heels.

Unfortunately I don’t think this is such a good look for Fan.

The dress definitely needed some exciting accessories to bring it to life.

Whilst she’s wearing a gold cuff and a square cocktail ring, I wish she would have chosen an amazing statement necklace instead – like the way the dress was presented on the runway.

This may have changed this look completely.

Some of you guys asked her to tone things down, but I think she took it a step too far.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Fan Bingbing 范冰冰 In Chris by Christopher Bu & Helen Lee - 'The White Haired Witch of Lunar Kingdom' Press Conference & Premiere

Fan Bingbing 范冰冰 In Chris by Christopher Bu & Helen Lee – ‘The White Haired Witch of Lunar Kingdom’ Press Conference & Premiere

Jessica Alba In L.A.M.B. - “The Every Girl’s Guide to Life" Book Launch

Jessica Alba In L.A.M.B. – “The Every Girl’s Guide to Life” Book Launch

28 Responses to Fan Bing Bing In Tadashi Shoji – First Beijing International Film Festival

1. GusMex April 25, 2011 at 17:07 #

ugly dress!!!!

2. dee April 25, 2011 at 17:30 #

I agree FC. She needed that necklace or something similar. This is very bland.

3. Rebecca April 25, 2011 at 17:47 #

She kind of looks like she might pull the dress off and go for a run!

4. Dora April 25, 2011 at 18:00 #

Actually, I like it. It’s something very different from Fan Bing Bing. It’s simple but beautiful.

5. yvett April 25, 2011 at 18:39 #

Actually, I quite like the look. The dress is amazing if from the back, I guess because of the backless design, Fan kept accessories to the minimum, so that the attention is all on the back.

Anyways, I think she pulled it off quite well. =)

6. Tamia April 25, 2011 at 18:56 #

This is SO boring for Fan!we know she is capable of SO much better,the only dress like this I would’ve ever put her in,in this style is that stunning Andrew Gn dress Eva Mendes wore to the Tornto film fest

7. mochababe73 April 25, 2011 at 19:43 #

She looks like Morticia Adams. It needed a little oomph. I don’t like the runway necklace, but she really needed one.

8. June April 25, 2011 at 21:08 #

The dress is amazing if from the back. It’s simple but beautiful.

9. Lina April 25, 2011 at 21:37 #

I agree, but the dress was quite amazing from the back, seeing as it was backless. Jazzed up the look some. :)

10. Hannah April 25, 2011 at 22:12 #

Fan’s losing it. She hasn’t looked jaw-dropping in ages. My fingers are crossed for the next few days, which i wouldn’t expect of Fan.

11. Amber April 25, 2011 at 23:16 #

Beautiful! I’m glad she kept the look sleek and unadorned. The runway necklace just distracts from the dress itself.

12. Zoe April 26, 2011 at 02:01 #

Love this dress.You need to see the back of it.

13. Annie April 26, 2011 at 02:19 #

It took me over an hour to find out who she was wearing for my blog post! Sifted through thousands of runway pics! lol Do you just have all the designer dresses memorized or do you have a special fashion program that finds out for you? Sorry if it’s a stupid question, but I always have a really hard time finding out the designers because Asian media never bothers to ask them who they are wearing -__-

• Fashion Critic April 26, 2011 at 09:59 #

Style.com or NYMag.com study them, learn what the designers have created. Styles, colours, prints, fabrics.

It’s not hard if you are passionate enough about it.

I look at Style.com every day before I start blogging.

14. KateS April 26, 2011 at 02:50 #

I’m sure it was stunning from the back, and I like that she kept the look clean, but big earrings would have been a nice touch.

15. Alina April 26, 2011 at 04:54 #

I love this look because we get to see a beautiful women in a beautiful dress looking simply stunning.

16. Renee April 26, 2011 at 05:08 #

Actually, this is an amazing look. u don’t like it because u didn’t watch the video seeing how elegant she is and how surprising her back is.

17. Lewis April 26, 2011 at 05:25 #

I have to say the picture is not so good,bacause the dress on its back is Stunning,and fan’s left hand weared a Bracelet,and a golden Handbag in her hand,but i can’t see them from the picture,

18. Bella April 26, 2011 at 05:27 #

Beautiful,sometimes change the style is looks great .besides ,Chinese likes natural,it’s looks clean, i think she is smart.

19. Sue Jin April 26, 2011 at 07:11 #

Boring. Can she not find middle ground in between having too much fun with wigs and the Fan Bing Bing that we all fell in love with?

20. tomi April 26, 2011 at 08:01 #

FC i’ big fan of Fan Bingbing because she always bring us perfect and stunning look whenever we see her
    i extremly wan to know you idea about her.
    and it’s reported by Chinese medium that fan bingbing will attend the Cannes film festival .
    let us looking forward it

• Fashion Critic April 26, 2011 at 09:54 #

She is a L’Oreal girl so yes she will be attending every year until her contract with L’Oreal runs out

• Renee April 28, 2011 at 23:59 #

She will go to Cannes film festival with one of her films this year. the same as last year

21. Sophia April 26, 2011 at 09:04 #

I think it’s nice to see her wearing something that is a bit, well, plain. I adore the light makeup on her, she really is a natural beauty.

22. ohno April 26, 2011 at 12:38 #

No matter what she wears, I think her over-powdered face look spoils it. She has a nice face, has worn some really nice fashion pieces, but it’s always that too powdery gotta-pile-on-the-flour look that somehow lets it down and makes it look boring even. Not fresh at all. Less powder is more, Bingbing.

23. tomi April 27, 2011 at 03:38 #

FC.i’m chinese and love your web very much .
    and could it be said that every L’Oreal will be attend Cannes???
    it’ seems that she go to Cannes with the film My Way that will be release in amerian

but there are serval L’Oreal girl but only Fan bingbing attend Cannes last year . could you tell.me that is why

24. tomi April 27, 2011 at 03:45 #

no your are wrong
    believe it or not
    i’m chinese and i know she is actually pale without makeup