22.04.11 Premiere

Malin Akerman showed off a new red hair colour on the red carpet for the 2011 Tribeca Film Festival “Bang Bang Club” Premiere in New York City last night.

The formerly blonde Swedish actress wore a J. Mendel asymmetrical leather dress.

Her cap sleeve dress with a draped skirt was paired with sand Christian Louboutin ‘Louv’ sandals, a gold clutch and Cartier jewels.

I really like Malin’s dress, but I’m not so excited about her shoes. They seem a bit tame for a hot leather dress.

I can’t wait to see her with her hair down so we can get a look at the rich red colour.

Credit: INFEvents

Rachel Bilson In Chanel Couture - 2011 Tribeca Film Festival Magnum Ice Cream Film Series Screening

Rachel Bilson In Chanel Couture – 2011 Tribeca Film Festival Magnum Ice Cream Film Series Screening

In Ashley Tisdale's Closet - Camilla and Marc Blind Call Silk Mini Dress & House Of Harlow Peep-Toes

In Ashley Tisdale’s Closet – Camilla and Marc Blind Call Silk Mini Dress & House Of Harlow Peep-Toes

10 Responses to Malin Akerman In J Mendel – 2011 Tribeca Film Festival “Bang Bang Club” Premiere

1. shap_half April 22, 2011 at 13:53 #

She looks great. I don’t mind that she went for a tamer shoe as anything too flashy would only compete with the gorgeous dress. She looks perfect for the weather we’ve been having in NY — though it was pretty chilly last night.

2. Hannah April 22, 2011 at 14:00 #

I’m not really sure if i will like her hair or not, because i always used to love it blonde, i guess i’ll have to wait, but i wish she had been more smooth and clean, as opposed to slick an dgrease with pulling it back. I love the dress, and i actuallly am quite fond of her footwear, i think it gives a modern edge, when others i think would have either gone for ‘edgy’ or delicate sandals, or pumps, but that has nothign to do with the dress.

3. Gaber April 22, 2011 at 14:16 #

The dress is completely over-done, but her hair and make-up are flawless.

4. maria April 22, 2011 at 14:58 #

i don’t mind the shoes. At least she did not go for the typical black pumps.

I think it’s a great look for her. The dress is really cute and looks comfortable.

5. Alina April 22, 2011 at 15:07 #

She looks great.

I think this is her with her hair down : http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/112780712/Getty-Images-Entertainment

6. Rebecca April 22, 2011 at 15:32 #

Love the dress and the rest of her except for those downer shoes–they look like something I would wear :>

7. dee April 22, 2011 at 16:37 #

the dress is great but the shoes don’t go with it.

8. Yves April 22, 2011 at 17:35 #

I really like this design. Very original, and the color suits her.

9. mochababe73 April 23, 2011 at 03:01 #

The shoes don’t bother me so much as the color of them.
    I don’t know if I like the dress, but it is interesting.

10. pipsqueak April 23, 2011 at 03:47 #

Finally … a dress that shows off Malin’s gorgeous figure! A gown can cover many flaws, but this little number gives us a lean, leggy beauty. I also like her new hair color. Goes well with her eyes and makes the blue icier.