The 2011 Tribeca Film Festival kick off last night in New York City with the opening night premiere of “The Union.”

Anna Kendrick, who is serving as a juror at the festival, walked the red carpet wearing a Vivienne Westwood Red Label floral dress.

The trademark Westwood bustier dress was let down with blah hair and neutral (if any) make-up.

I wished she’d put hair up, put on some lippie and given us some attitude.

I love this floral print dress, but Anna breathes no life into it.

Nude peep-toes completed her look.

Credit: Style.com & INFEvents

In Anna Kendrick's Closet - Vivienne Westwood Floral Print Dress

In Anna Kendrick’s Closet – Vivienne Westwood Floral Print Dress

Zoe Saldana In Isabel Marant - Coach Benefit For The Children’s Defense Fund

Zoe Saldana In Isabel Marant – Coach Benefit For The Children’s Defense Fund

23 Responses to Anna Kendrick In Vivienne Westwood Red Label – “The Union” Tribeca Film Festival Premiere

1. Gaber April 21, 2011 at 21:06 #

*cringes*
    Oh honey, no.

2. Hannah April 21, 2011 at 21:21 #

Really not a fan. I on’t kno her and know noeone who does, no while i cannto judge her personality i have to say she makes herself seem really boring. That dress, with killer heels the same shade of blue as hte detailign on the dress, hair pulled back into a chic but sexy high ponytail, preferably slightly curled, a la runway model, but up, a cocktail ring picking up the warm reddish shade of the dress, mascara, eyeliner, lipstick (really am not a makeup artist) etc, straighter legs, hips more forwards shoulders back, more aloof hands on hips, attitude, it could ahve worked.
    God sorry for that essay, I jsut really fel tthe need to say how i would improve this look, not that it would be hard.

3. robbie April 21, 2011 at 21:21 #

gorgeous dress but it needs someone with a little attitude. you dont just put on a vivienne westwood dress and stand there it needs drama and sex appeal.

also the hair is so blahtastic.

4. kimi April 21, 2011 at 21:22 #

I don’t think I’m going to blame the dress, she just seems so lifeless and dull. Give some energy into something Anna, especially the hair and posture! I’m missing the old days. ):

5. Luis Santos April 21, 2011 at 21:34 #

She is so similar to Ashley Greene!

• molly April 22, 2011 at 00:13 #

Except Anna can actually act

6. mm April 21, 2011 at 21:42 #

the styling on runway nor anna have presented this dress well.
    I am going to need a third party to work this out

7. Gigi April 21, 2011 at 22:13 #

Blah. I believe the droopy shoulder straps (?) don’t help. It looks so much perkier and better on the model. Hanging off Anna it is just weird… looks like we caught her 1/2-dressed. After seeing many VW frocks here, have decided I’m not a fan. Just not feeling her style.

8. dee April 21, 2011 at 22:18 #

Hair and makeup are too bland. I like how this looks on the model.

9. ShoeGal April 21, 2011 at 22:30 #

I think she looks better than the runway actually. I love this look on her from head to toe.

10. Sharon April 21, 2011 at 22:58 #

I’m not a real fan of Vivienne Westwood, and this dress does nothing to change my mind. Most of Westwood’s designs just scream “Courtney Love” to me.

11. Kaylie April 21, 2011 at 23:17 #

I actually think we’re getting much more attitude from her here than we usually do. I like.

12. mol April 21, 2011 at 23:35 #

This could have really worked on her had her hair been different, a bit more punch in the makeup and the dress pulled up on her shoulders a bit more. I think the color works on her, it’s just the bad styling…..

13. june April 22, 2011 at 02:38 #

the dress is gorgeous on her — right colour, fits really well and flatters her skin tone about a hundred times more than it does on the model, but her accessories are so lacklustre. a punchy bold lip, beautiful waves in her hair or a funky updo would have done a lot to save it even if she’d gone for boring shoes

• KateS April 22, 2011 at 11:13 #

I agree, the dress is lovely on her, but the accessories let her down badly.

14. Lo April 22, 2011 at 04:15 #

Worst dressed. Beyond over her. She needs a new stylist stat! The girl is a forgotten actress already and looks blah in remotely everything now.

15. ggg April 22, 2011 at 05:29 #

We get it Anna – You’re so talented that you don’t have to work as hard as others on the fashion end… But jeez… Try a little harder! You’re beautiful and unique! Show us what you’ve got… :)

16. Alina April 22, 2011 at 06:43 #

I miss the days when she used to impress me by wearing Marchesa,Elie Saab…

17. Lucía April 22, 2011 at 12:10 #

There’s something terribly wrong in this look..

18. Ashley April 22, 2011 at 14:49 #

It looks like she just woke up from a nap :/

19. Mary April 23, 2011 at 02:39 #

My hair looked better than that this morning and I air dried it! If she fixed her hair, put some color on her face, and pulled up the sleeves a tad it’d be adorable. Such a pretty pattern.

20. mochababe73 April 23, 2011 at 03:37 #

The hair doesn’t help the situation.
    I am no fan of Vivienne Westwood, but this is just not working. A VW dress requires a certain edgy attitude that I don’t get from Ashley. Aside from that, the shoes are also a little too cutesy. Even though the print is flowery, the shape and silhouette of the dress is not.

21. Raquel April 24, 2011 at 03:20 #

I like the dress a lot. That’s all.