20.04.11

Serena Williams – 2012 Range Rover Evoque Launch

Tennis star Serena Williams was in New York City last night for the launch of the 2012 Range Rover Evoque.

She stood out wearing a jewel-tone cap-sleeved dress with gold ballet pumps and a gold waist clinching belt.

I really like the look, but I don’t think the bracelets go with the rest of her outfit. They look cheap in comparison to everything else going on here.

A Balenciaga clutch, blunt bangs and rosy pink lips completed her look.

Credit: Getty

Sidewalk Style: Sienna Miller In Azzedine Alaia & Tabitha Simmons

Sidewalk Style: Sienna Miller In Azzedine Alaia & Tabitha Simmons

Look We Love: Jennifer Hudson's Bold Blue Eyeshadow

Look We Love: Jennifer Hudson’s Bold Blue Eyeshadow

13 Responses to Serena Williams – 2012 Range Rover Evoque Launch

1. Tania April 20, 2011 at 20:12 #

She looks good.

2. Gigi April 20, 2011 at 20:16 #

Actually the bracelets don’t bother me as much as the stringy hair and JLo pout. Dress does show off her ample bosom and healthy shoulders!

3. India-Jewel April 20, 2011 at 21:02 #

The bracelets are distracting.

4. Linda April 20, 2011 at 21:03 #

I can’t believe how tiny her waist is. She looks great but I agree with FC about the bracelets.

5. Sharon April 20, 2011 at 21:35 #

I think this is the best she’s looked in a while. The bracelet doesn’t bother me too much..

6. Louise April 20, 2011 at 21:43 #

I agree this dress looks great from the front, but other angles aren’t quite so flattering: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/04/20/article-1378858-0BB3E5B000000578-992_224x579.jpg

• Rebecca April 21, 2011 at 00:11 #

Ouch! so true

7. S April 21, 2011 at 02:44 #

Though I don’t like the bracelets much I agree that this is the best she’s looked in a long time.

8. Hannah April 21, 2011 at 03:26 #

I really love the dress adn belt, especially together, the shoes i netiher love nor hate, and the bracelets don’t work for me either. Her hair, makeup and earrings are pefection though. I find so many people go for pretty boring looks or do not pull off things aside from eyeliner or smokey eyes, so i really love the clever ode to her dress she played with her beautiful face.
    I have to say that this post really highlighted your dignity and grace for me FC, because although i did nto read the article i saw the thumbnail for an article saying something along the lines of ‘she needs to wear spanx’ on the Daily Mail website, which i find both audacious and disguisting, and so i am thankful for you lovely honest, but ever respectful blog. Thankyou :)

• Fashion Critic April 21, 2011 at 07:45 #

I hate the Daily Mail when they do that. So disrespectful.

It didn’t look good granted, by why focus on it?

• Louise April 21, 2011 at 08:21 #

Sorry I feel bad for posting the link now. I agree the Daily Mail article was cruel, and as an athlete, Serena has an amazing body which she is rightly proud of. But, I do think the back of the dress is unflattering (we all have to dress to suit our body shape) and something weird is happening with the fabric round the back of the belt. Point taken though – my post came across as bi**hy. Sorry.

• Hannah April 21, 2011 at 13:53 #

Oh no, I really didn’t mean this in retaliation to your comment, I agree with what you are saying, i just meant that the way in which the dm said it it as unnecassary. Please don’t feel bad :)

9. mochababe73 April 21, 2011 at 03:31 #

I actually like this on her. We all know that Serena is mostly a miss on the red carpet. This is the best that she’s looked in a long time.