19.04.11 Premiere

Katy Perry In Philip Armstrong – “Arthur” London Premiere

Katy Perry and her husband Russell Brand were inseparable tonight at the “Arthur” London Premiere which was held at the Cineworld 02 Arena.

She dazzled in a very predictable Katy Perry dress – nude, figure-hugging and dazzling with embellishments.

Her Philip Armstrong Fall 2011 asymmetrical nude gown was teamed with matching Brian Atwood pumps – another favourite of Katy’s.

I’m really glad she let the dress do all the talking. Sometimes I find her antics a tad distracting to concentrate on what she’s wearing.

Whilst this gown might not be to everyone’s tastes, I think she pull this look perfectly.

You may remember Dannii Minogue wore London-based designer Philip Armstrong on Week 5 of the X Factor.

Credit: Philip Armstrong & Getty

Helen Mirren In Dolce & Gabbana - "Arthur" London Premiere

Helen Mirren In Dolce & Gabbana – “Arthur” London Premiere

In Sarah Jessica Parker's Closet - Converse All Star Ox Plimsolls

In Sarah Jessica Parker’s Closet – Converse All Star Ox Plimsolls

32 Responses to Katy Perry In Philip Armstrong – “Arthur” London Premiere

1. maria April 19, 2011 at 21:55 #

this washes her out. not my favourite. I actually think generally the sheer panel and the contrasting colour of the dress do not mix that well. does not look that good on the model either.

2. dee April 19, 2011 at 21:56 #

I don’t think this dress is that flattering on her. She is so pretty and she has asuch a great figure but this dress detracts from that.

3. Sharon April 19, 2011 at 21:58 #

Katy Perry is one of my favorite celebrities, just for the sheer fun of her. That being said, I don’t care fot his look at all. Her hair looks messy and unstyled,, and the dress is just blah, despite all it’s sparkles. I do like her makeup though. It gives her a sweet look she doesn’t always have. i’m guessing she toned down so as not to steal the spotlight from her husband, so this may be just a one-time look. I hope so.

4. Gigi April 19, 2011 at 22:09 #

As my Mom would say: “This dress does nothing for her”. And she would be right.

5. Emi April 19, 2011 at 22:15 #

I don’t like it. The dress itself is quite tacky and I don’t like the way it fits her breast. Quite a miss.

• Clover April 19, 2011 at 23:27 #

Hmm, I think if she was really working it it would sell itself better. Usually she has such a sparkle that she manages to pull off outfits that would normally be quite strange. But in these pics she looks tired, she’s slumping, and doesn’t really have that usual huge personality coming across.
      I think it could be spectacular on her, but she might just have been having an off night.

• Emi April 20, 2011 at 06:31 #

I quite agree but I still think that the dress itself is quite tacky, but we’re used to see on her quite tacky dresses that she could pull off. Maybe she was there as a wife and not to draw a lot of attention.

• Clover April 20, 2011 at 12:28 #

Agreed – this is tacky in a different kind of way than the rubber dresses I’m used to seeing her in!

6. Jen April 19, 2011 at 22:16 #

I wish her bra was more supportive, and the one tight, sheer arm on the dress is distracting.

I like that Katy’s always different, but Helen Mirren is a tough act to follow. I have to say, this is one time in which the 65 year old owns the 25 year old. In my opinion, anyway.

7. Luis Santos April 19, 2011 at 22:39 #

UGLY UGLY UGLY!

• Clover April 19, 2011 at 23:25 #

Tell us what you really think… lol…

8. nichelle April 19, 2011 at 22:44 #

love katy. the dress would be cutier without the sheer parts.

9. Lee Ann April 19, 2011 at 22:45 #

Given the body language I give them 6 months. The dress isn’t helping either

• Gigi April 20, 2011 at 02:24 #

Lee Ann – You are SO right on! She’s just not working it.. there is definite negative body language there … despite the his ‘n hers hairdos!

• Alina April 20, 2011 at 08:10 #

I AGREE! She looks so unhappy.

10. Rebecca April 19, 2011 at 22:54 #

I like the dress, and I would like it on her if she had a bra that improved her assets–and if her hair looked better!

11. ShoeGal April 19, 2011 at 23:05 #

I love Katy and normally love what she wears for the most part but this dress isn’t doing much for me. It isn’t terrible but I don’t love it either. For me I think it’s just not flattering to her figure. It’s ill fitted and makes her look bigger than what she actually is. I will say her hair,makeup and nails all look lovely.

12. Tahj April 20, 2011 at 00:18 #

wow I LOVE that dress. She looks elegant I think. Not cheap like usual. BDOTW contender?

13. Linda April 20, 2011 at 00:21 #

I really like Katy Perry but with her bust size and shape, strapless and one shoulder dresses are not the best choice for her. She requires more support in the bust area.

14. Ashley April 20, 2011 at 01:10 #

Poor thing is probably tired if she was at coachella all weekend and then flying to London. not a fan of this dress :/ would have liked it better without the sleeve

15. mochababe73 April 20, 2011 at 04:27 #

I don’t know if I like the dress, but I definitely find it interesting. I give her kudos for dressing up at her husband’s big premiere.
    As far as I’m concerned, Katy looks beautiful and is BDOTW worthy.

16. Rebecca for Fashion Widget April 20, 2011 at 08:29 #

This dress was made for a statuesque person not voluptuous one. Just look at how awesome it is on the model but so blah on Katy. She should have skipped this look entirely.

17. Rach April 20, 2011 at 09:04 #

I think this washes Katy out and doesn’t flatter her curves. I much prefer her in bright colours and working a more fun look, even if it’s occasionally contrived, it’s certainly never boring!

• Tania April 20, 2011 at 19:32 #

Agree.

18. Noora Al-Thani April 20, 2011 at 09:36 #

I don’t mean to be dramatic! but this could possibly be the UGLIEST dress i’ve ever seen!! :@

19. robbie April 20, 2011 at 16:44 #

what a butt ugly dress.

20. cphil April 20, 2011 at 18:28 #

awful and unflattering. looks like a project runway loser! hate it.

21. Jones19 April 20, 2011 at 19:32 #

Her boobs look saggy in this, not very flattering.

22. Bec April 20, 2011 at 22:56 #

she looks super frumpy in the second photo! not one of her best looks..

23. Kimma April 21, 2011 at 01:05 #

I find it hard to imagine anyone would look good in this dress, but better posture would still have helped!
    Katy is usually so much fun, she should stick to the jewel tones and quirky style we all love on her.

24. Carolina April 21, 2011 at 15:16 #

Gorgeous, but it lacks the support of a bra.

25. DivaMom April 21, 2011 at 16:51 #

Katy should have taken notes from Helen Mirren at the same red carpet and then gone home to try again!