Kanye West In Celine – Coachella Valley Music Festival 2011

Hmm…who’s going to be brave enough to tell Kanye West that he’s wearing women’s clothing?

The Hip Hopper took to the stage at Coachella in Indio, CA this weekend to perform wearing a Celine Spring 2011 printed shirt.

His women’s shirt was paired with baggy jeans, a heavy gold necklace and a selection of girlie bracelets.

I’ve got to say the wears it well.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Lily Aldridge's T by Alexander Wang Low V Tank, Givenchy 'Antigona' Bag And Isabel Marant 'Poop' Flats

Lily Aldridge’s T by Alexander Wang Low V Tank, Givenchy ‘Antigona’ Bag And Isabel Marant ‘Poop’ Flats

Halle Berry In Roberto Cavalli - Silver Rose Awards Gala

Halle Berry In Roberto Cavalli – Silver Rose Awards Gala

22 Responses to Kanye West In Celine – Coachella Valley Music Festival 2011

1. Matt April 18, 2011 at 10:16 #

He wears better than the model, I would never consider it on the model

• Alina April 19, 2011 at 07:25 #

I agree 100%.

2. renrenren April 18, 2011 at 10:26 #

I watched it live on Youtube and I instantly recognized Celine print. He looked great!

3. Bonnie April 18, 2011 at 10:34 #

He rocks the hell out of the shirt,Kanye West knows how make to menswear fun!!!

4. Tania April 18, 2011 at 10:39 #

He owns the look, he looks much better than the model. Women wear menwear and make it work for their look he’s just done the oppisite.

5. seggie April 18, 2011 at 10:47 #

Yeah!!! lol he’s wearing a woman’s top.. I think the last time you posted on a man was Michael Jackson with a Balmain jacket. But I have to admit he wears it super well, I love the bohemian ethnic look it brings.. way better than on the model!!! I can’t believe i’m saying something positive about Kanye West but hey me likey!!

6. Caitlin April 18, 2011 at 10:51 #

I dislike Kanye… But he looks Ah-Mazing.

• dee April 18, 2011 at 15:40 #

Same here. Not a fan of Kanye but he wears this look well.

7. Rebel April 18, 2011 at 11:00 #

I love itvon him. You’d never catch me in women’s clothes.

8. Jones19 April 18, 2011 at 11:22 #

Hah he looks good

9. J April 18, 2011 at 13:35 #

The packaging of the Kanye product is nice enough. He has a well proportioned body, muscle tone and good bone structure help carry clothing and accesories off well, he seems to have (or his army of stylists i suppose) a knack for what works aesthetically- I think these are undeniable facts. The Celine shirt looks great and I personally disagree with Rebel, I appreciate a man who is confident to wear anything that works for him. Many men have amazing legs and can pull skirts off in a way many women cannot. All this said, the problem with this Kanye character is not the packaging, the problem is the inside, I find him absolutely revolting.

10. Iris April 18, 2011 at 13:37 #

agree with all the raves, but let’s not consider him for BDOTW ;)

11. mochababe73 April 18, 2011 at 14:03 #

I am not a fan of Kanye. However, I admit that he works the shirt.
    Because it’s so big and rather shapeless, it works on the man. I wouldn’t wear it.

12. LizLemoooon April 18, 2011 at 15:15 #

YAY unlike some of the haters on this page I’m a big fan of Yeezy, he’s unapologetically loud but at least he has the talent to back it up and he’s not pretending to be some faux-humble star to make himself more appealing.
    I love what he is wearing here, he looks ready to werk and although he does have a stylist he has a strong sense of his own style and how he wants to look which is clear here.

• Ashley April 18, 2011 at 16:26 #

Same here. I am a huge fan! He wears this shirt well… Actually I think he wears anything well :)

• justme April 18, 2011 at 17:16 #

Mte. I’ve loved Kanye since his College Dropout days.
      He rocks this top very well.

13. LOLA April 18, 2011 at 20:24 #

I love this look on Kanye! It’s not the first time he wears a Womenswear brand. In the past he rocked CHANEL HOMME..
    That celine collection had the minimalistic feeling who made it really wearable for men too.
    I love when a man is confident enough to wear womenswear. He should wear Celine more often.

14. karen April 18, 2011 at 22:28 #

He actually wears it better than the model! How many can claim that right. I have always liked Kanye. Can never deny his talent. And he always manages to look cool.

15. cindykay April 19, 2011 at 17:25 #

It doesn’t look like a woman’s shirt. It looks very manly on him.

16. Fashionmeal April 20, 2011 at 17:30 #

It’s about time a popular male celebrity is finally taking notice to the world of fashion. Normally, they (Jonas bros for example) go as far as Skinny jeans and some fancy shoes but Kanye totally steps up the game!

Proud moment, I’d say. Sniff*. :’)

17. mikeijames April 21, 2011 at 07:05 #

simply in love with this look on him. while this look felt breezy and carefree on the women, it really makes a strong statement on a man.

next, i’d like to see a brave soul pull this off as a minidress.

18. C.M. April 25, 2012 at 21:32 #

I would wear it too. That would be a great addiction to my summer wardrobe.
    You did well, Yeezy. Proud bro here.