18.04.11

Coachella Music Festival Fashion – Day 3

On the final day of the Coachella Music Festival in Indio, CA Dita von Teese looked divine wearing a Hawaiian tropical Christian Dior Spring 2011 dress.

On Day one of the festival I said that I wished she’d let her hair down at this event, but I take that back.

She’s stayed true to her style and looked effortless in doing so, unlike some others who tried too hard during the 3 day festival.

A cute sailor hat and Christian Louboutin espadrilles completed her look.

Vanessa Hudgens: The actress opted to go bare foot on the final day wearing a cropped crochet top, Wildfox Heather high waist shorts, a fringed bag and a Litter SF garter chain. Whilst I love how she accessorized, the garter was just one step too far.

Isabel Lucas: The Australian actress also went bare foot and continues to optimize the true spirit of festival dressing.  She layered her peachy dress under a crochet top

Nicole Richie:Winter Kate by Nicole Richie Lily top was paired with denim short shorts, a navy top and her green Mulberry satchel. Her shades make this look super chic.

Whitney Port: The reality TV star layers a vest top over a tube top with a cute floral skirt to complete the look.

Diane Kruger: A simple candy striped dress is paired with Alaia sandals.

Ashley Greene: Once again I’m not excited about Ashley’s look.

Credit: Style.com, Fame Pictures, INFDaily & Wenn

Halle Berry In Roberto Cavalli - Silver Rose Awards Gala

Halle Berry In Roberto Cavalli – Silver Rose Awards Gala

Celebrities Love...AllSaints

Celebrities Love…AllSaints

22 Responses to Coachella Music Festival Fashion – Day 3

1. robbie April 18, 2011 at 12:52 #

oh dita i love you, but that hat is ridiculous! also does she not have another pair of shoes to wear.

vanessa looks good, but the rest are a tad blah.

2. nicky April 18, 2011 at 13:35 #

vanessa once again is trying to hard with the over the top accessorizing…
    love isabel and diane’s looks once again. very true to their own style.

• B April 18, 2011 at 14:10 #

I literally cannot stand Vanessa’s shorts. Acid-wash-camel-toe was never going to going to be a winner.

• GGG April 18, 2011 at 20:39 #

OH MY GOD! Your comment is hilarous! Totally made my day… :)

3. Gaber April 18, 2011 at 13:38 #

I am really liking Diane in the striped dress. It just looks simple and fun.

4. Thomas Monks April 18, 2011 at 13:45 #

I <3 Dita

5. mochababe73 April 18, 2011 at 13:59 #

I like Vanessa’s look, but I think that she stole my acid washed jeans from middle school and made them into cut-offs. Those were my favorite jeans!
    Love Diane’s dress, but it’s a tad too short for my taste.
    Isabel looks like a 1960s flower child. I’m not sure if that’s good or bad.

6. Louisa April 18, 2011 at 14:09 #

I think I must be the only person who does not like music festival fashion one bit!

I feel that the indie/bohemian/hotch potch style comes across as sloppy. I don’t know how Indie fashion has become the new mainstream.

And talk about a paradox: so many women look like they have been trying way too hard to appear effortlessly casual. I also hate bare feet OR even worse – masculine, stumpy, unflattering ankle boots.

Nevertheless, I’ve been finding the coverage really interesting FC :)

Sorry for the grouch! But is it just me?????

• Fashion Critic April 18, 2011 at 14:23 #

grouch away :)

x

• Hannah April 18, 2011 at 14:38 #

Literally agree with everything you just said. I think boho chic once did exist and while i do nt want scarily perfect looks all the time, the effort that so clearly goes into a look just to portray the opposite is beyond me.

7. Macy April 18, 2011 at 14:19 #

I’m sorry, but I can’t sign-off on barefoot in public unless you’re at a beach or pool. I agree- the garter was a step too far for Vanessa!

8. Hannah April 18, 2011 at 14:21 #

Whilst Vanessa shows she tries too hard, and Ashley greene shows what I have always thought – that she has a very bland sense of style, the rest seem good. I think all of the others are dressing as they toehrwise would, especially Whitney who has no hint whatsoever of try hard, and while i do not love her look, I really appreciate it as being something she genuinely chose to wear.

9. Rebecca April 18, 2011 at 14:51 #

Isabel Lucas wins for me–she looks pretty. But barefoot in a place like that? Really?

10. Amy April 18, 2011 at 16:49 #

I love Diane’s look, but that dress is definitely too short!
    With a few more inches on there, she’d look perfect.

• Kaz April 19, 2011 at 01:31 #

I totally agree! It’s so short, it makes me uncomfortable!

11. justme April 18, 2011 at 17:21 #

It’s way too obvious Vanessa hired stylists for Coachella this year. They should be ashamed of themselves because she looked a over-the-top mess during all the festival.

12. Tamia April 18, 2011 at 18:05 #

FC-I’m not hating here but could you imagine wearin g Dior to a music festival?Dita looks increbile but imagine how parinoid you’d be of people bumping into you and spilling food/drink over you..don’t think I’d able to let loose!lol

• Fashion Critic April 18, 2011 at 18:10 #

Yes I agree. I would be paranoid too.

13. Lucy April 18, 2011 at 19:19 #

I like Whitney’s look…it’s practical for a music festival, but still stylish!

14. Teleholic April 19, 2011 at 01:00 #

Ooopsie! I thought Ashley was Kristen Stewart! Just the expression on her face, I guess. FC, thanks for the coverage. This kind of cool, laid-back, casual event is just my scene.

• Fashion Critic April 19, 2011 at 01:03 #

You r welcome x

15. Alina April 19, 2011 at 07:41 #

Once again I love Isabel Lucas’ look.