Rihanna In Carlos Miele – American Idol

Rihanna took American Idol by storm last night when she performed her new single, “California King Bed.”

The singer who has ditched her short pixie-crop in favour of her long flowing red curls, belted out the track wearing a Carlos Miele Fall 2011 gown.

Her stunning rose velvet halter gown with a lattice detail down the front is breath-taking on her.

I haven’t been this wowed by her in a since awards season.

BDOTW

Credit: Style.com & Fox

Eva Longoria In Monique Lhuillier - 2012 ALMA Awards

Eva Longoria In Monique Lhuillier – 2012 ALMA Awards

Best Dressed Of The Week - Alexis Bledel in Oscar de la Renta & Rihanna In Carlos Miele

Best Dressed Of The Week – Alexis Bledel in Oscar de la Renta & Rihanna In Carlos Miele

36 Responses to Rihanna In Carlos Miele – American Idol

1. inessa April 15, 2011 at 17:42 #

Love the dress. Hate the hair. Not BDOTW for me.

2. mm April 15, 2011 at 17:42 #

why do all the stunners come on friday?

• Fashion Critic April 15, 2011 at 17:55 #

I know…just when u think you have a favourite you start reassesing

3. smolls April 15, 2011 at 17:51 #

Absolute perfection! She looks stunning – BDOTW for sure!

4. dee April 15, 2011 at 18:08 #

Wow she looks stunning.

5. Letizia April 15, 2011 at 18:16 #

She is really stunning, maybe BDOTW!!

6. mol April 15, 2011 at 18:27 #

I am so impressed, and I love the kinked hair with the ruching up the front of the dress, really, so fine!

7. Linda April 15, 2011 at 18:29 #

BDOTW – looks better than anything I”ve seen in a while.

8. M April 15, 2011 at 18:29 #

FC- Why dont you cover JLO on American Idol, like you did Cheryl on X?

• Fashion Critic April 15, 2011 at 18:35 #

I don’t have the rights to publish the pictures.

• Sue Jin April 16, 2011 at 01:58 #

Aww, that’s a shame I was also wondering why you didn’t post about her on the show.. =(

9. rebecca April 15, 2011 at 18:34 #

oh finally!!! someone worthy of bdotw!

10. NooG April 15, 2011 at 18:51 #

Her hair has finally started to grow on me but I think it really, really distracts from the dress. Don’t like it at all.

11. Rebecca April 15, 2011 at 19:03 #

She looks amazing, BDOTW for sure.

12. Pati April 15, 2011 at 19:04 #

I love the dress, love the make up, but I HATE the nails!!! They´re awful!!! Ruined the whole look! Not a fan of her curls either…

13. artemis April 15, 2011 at 19:20 #

Definitely BDOTW!! She looks amazing!!

14. rafa April 15, 2011 at 19:46 #

Wearing a brazilian designer – thats so cool.
    Beautiful.

15. jadel April 15, 2011 at 19:49 #

i was wondering the same thing, why jlo is not covered like chery was on x..the fashion has been amazing, thank god for fashion show with joan rivers, they are covering it. Dont understand how fashion critic said she doesn’t have the right to publish the pictures when they’re all over…i will actully pick jlo last night wearing the gucci dress over rihanna…

• Fashion Critic April 15, 2011 at 20:15 #

Yes, thank god for Joan Rivers the fountain of all fashion.

You don’t know how picture licensing works. I’m not the type of blogger who sees pictures on Just Jared and removes the tags.

You can get sued that way and my website could be shut down.

I am not a client of the photo agency who sells the pictures of American Idol.

Since you are getting all your information from the “Fashion Police”, I don’t see any reason for me to try to do that now as you have already pointed out that the information is already out there, so there is not reason for me to pay for picture to repeat it.

• Christobal26 April 16, 2011 at 15:54 #

I hate that show as well. They have no idea what they are talking about, which is why I would check here everyday because I know how much you love J.Lo and her style has been impeccable all season. Couldn’t you ask one of her fan sites, like BeyondBeautiful, to use their pics? I’m sure they would gladly oblige. You’re site is the best! I really would love to see your opinions on the looks.

Btw since you posted pics of Beyonce’s new video, I don’t know if you have the rights to the pics of JLo’s new video that were released? I’m dying to know who designed those outfits. They are gorgeous!!!

• Fashion Critic April 16, 2011 at 17:10 #

unfortunaltey picture licensing doesn’t work like that.

I can’t take pictures from another site. I have to purchase them myself and I’m not a client of the agency who takes the pictures for the show

16. Francesca April 15, 2011 at 20:00 #

Absolutely gorgeous! A great performance as well. This is a wig, right?

• Fashion Critic April 15, 2011 at 20:04 #

yes…she’d be crazy to dye her hair that colour

17. From Russia With Love April 15, 2011 at 20:19 #

Wow.

18. jadel April 15, 2011 at 20:27 #

lol @ FC, sorry if i offended you, you came for me lol

I totally hear and understand what your’e saying..you’re completely right

just saw another poster brought up the issue and i thought of it myself cause this is the first site i check every morning for my fashion moment and was missing that idol thing, too bad you’re not a client of that agency that sell the idol pictures, nothing like your review and insight about the fashion.

much love to you and your site….it was my ignorance about the picture licensing…

• Fashion Critic April 15, 2011 at 20:35 #

You know how much I put into this website, and you know how much I love JLo.

Of course if I had the rights to those pictures I would have published them

I understand that you don’t get the picture agencies/licensing/rights issue, but I draw the line at being compared to that joke of a show they dare call a fashion show.

19. Hannah April 15, 2011 at 20:51 #

Gorgeous! I am really glad she chose ot bring this out as her latest song, it is a true ballad and is imo unlike msot of her other songs, although it seems to me that perhaps if shes switched th erelease dates for this and what’s my name is would have made mroe sense, due ot the seasons. Anyway, I’m really glad you posted this, she looks gorgeous, and as I no longer can bear to watch Fashioon Police, which I gather shows the AI looks, I have no real way of seeing them, so thankyou.
    Regarding Fashon Police, I really cna no longer retain an adequate amount of respect for Giuliana or Joan, the former I used to find alright, but since fashion police that has changed to insuffrable. Kelly I am pretty passive about, due to my love for the osbournes, and she just seems ok, but George I really feel sorry for. He seems to me to be ht eonly one with any real understanding of fashion. Apologies for my rant but I have no other place to voice my opinions.

20. Joshua April 15, 2011 at 21:24 #

I love Rihanna always something news !
    I am so surprised to see your blog and the Show of Joan Rivers compared on the quality of contents.
    I don’t often comment but when I see things like that, i can’t be silent, you respect the job of agencies by not stealing their photos, and that is to your credit !
    When you speak about fashion, we can see that you know what you’re talking about,so i don’t understand what can be reproach to you.

Sorry for my french english
    Thanks

• Fashion Critic April 15, 2011 at 22:06 #

Thanks for your supportive words. I understood you perfectly x

• Hannah April 16, 2011 at 01:32 #

Ditto about the whole fashion police thing and the wonderful points you made about the blog. Your english has no hint of French :)

21. emily April 16, 2011 at 00:29 #

Perfection. The hair,dress, makeup, everything about this look is perfect. She is flawless, she can go from rock’n roll to feminine and look amazing every single time.

22. Manja April 16, 2011 at 07:53 #

stunning

23. Bonnie April 16, 2011 at 09:59 #

She looks simply amazing,tthe dress was pure glamour…it was one of the moments I wanted to know the designer!!!

24. CreoleLady April 16, 2011 at 12:05 #

I’m so so happy that she has added girly with an edge to her portfolio of looks. She’s very versatile, keeps us guessing.

25. Julie April 16, 2011 at 17:00 #

It looks better on Rihanna than the model.

26. mochababe73 April 16, 2011 at 23:28 #

I don’t think that I have ever said this, but I love this dress. Usually my opinions of Rihanna are that I don’t like the dress, but it works on her.
    I am just not sure about velvet and the month of April. It just sounds…well, hot.