Gwyneth Paltrow In Stella McCartney – ‘My Father’s Daughter’ Celebration

Gwyneth Paltrow celebrated her new cookbook, “My Father’s Daughter” earlier this week New York City.

She looked fabulous wearing a simple white Stella McCartney sleeveless crepe shift dress from the Resort 2011 collection.

White seems like a risky choice as Gwynie was actually cooking at this event, but I’m sure she didn’t spill on her white dress like I would have.

Her dress was paired with Sergio Rossi laser-cut wedge booties, which appear to be her favourite shoe of the moment.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Karolina Kurkova In David Koma - IWC Schaffhausen At The SIHH 2014

Karolina Kurkova In David Koma – IWC Schaffhausen At The SIHH 2014

Gwyneth Paltrow In Vionnet - "My Father’s Daughter" Book Signing

Gwyneth Paltrow In Vionnet – “My Father’s Daughter” Book Signing

14 Responses to Gwyneth Paltrow In Stella McCartney – ‘My Father’s Daughter’ Celebration

1. Luis April 15, 2011 at 04:12 #

The dress is perfect, but the foot choice wasn’t the best.

• Gaber April 15, 2011 at 08:53 #

Despite the fact that I love these shoes, they don’t seem to be the best choice with this dress, which is, as you noted, pure perfection.

2. Joy April 15, 2011 at 04:51 #

Gwyneth always looks so effortlessly good. I love those shoes!

3. june April 15, 2011 at 05:23 #

is it just me or is gwyneth getting tinier and tinier? regardless, i love this look. she does minimalism so well and gwyneth always picks amazing shoes

4. Lee Ann April 15, 2011 at 09:22 #

She does this look well but I am getting a little bored with the minimalist dress /fierce shows combo. It would have been fresher had she worn shoes closer to those of the models.

5. Catriona April 15, 2011 at 10:10 #

I’m with you FC, if this was me I’d have foundation and lipstick on this dress within 5 mins. White clothes are a no-go!

The shoes could have been better but they don’t ruin the look for me.

6. Cara April 15, 2011 at 10:42 #

BDOTW!!!

7. Jones19 April 15, 2011 at 14:07 #

I love the minimalist nature of this dress but I feel she ruined it with those shoes. I would have preferred a simpler shoe.

8. mol April 15, 2011 at 15:03 #

I think the shoes work and she looks, as usual, lovely.

9. Letizia April 15, 2011 at 15:16 #

I think she’s always so simple and perfect! I love her shoes choice!

10. dee April 15, 2011 at 17:19 #

If she didn’t have those shoes on this would be boring.

11. GirlOne April 15, 2011 at 23:51 #

I fell in love with this dress when I saw it on the Net-A-Porter website. It’s beautiful minimalism and it looks great in motion.
    It does cry for a splash of color and/or excentricity, though. I would’ve loved to see it styled with a wild updo or bright pink or dark red lipstick, nail polish or heels.
    On Gwyneth, it looks a tad boring. Plus, I don’t like the shoes.

12. mochababe73 April 16, 2011 at 23:42 #

I am not a real fan of Stella McCartney or minmalism, but I like this. Borderline boring.

13. Sharon April 20, 2011 at 22:29 #

I like this dress, but I can’t see paying Stella McCartney $800-900 for a dress that can be found in almost any store for much, much less. It won’t be the same fabric and it won’t have the label, but it will give you the same look and leave lots of money for some wonderful shoes! :)