Who Wore Proenza Schouler Better? Jennifer Lawrence or Nicky Hilton

Before the madness of Awards Season started, Jennifer Lawrence got in some practice on the red carpet by donning this pretty, romantic Proenza Schouler strapless dress to the National Board of Review Gala back in January.

A lot of you commented that you found Jennifer’s look veering on the boring side, since she added very little to her outfit and kept everything in neutral shades. I also found it to be a little too mature for the young star, especially with the dress sitting at knee’s length.

Nicky Hilton attended the 2011 Nickelodeon Kids’ Choice Awards wearing the same dress.

She seemed to follow in Jennifer’s footsteps by keeping things simple, opting for a diamond ring as her only accessory along with a nude pair of Brian Atwood ‘Maniac’ pumps.

I’m slightly torn on this one. I do like how Jennifer looks girly with her soft, tousled hair, delicate jewelry and dainty strappy shoes but agree that she needed to add a little something extra to really make her outfit pop.

Minus the sunburn, I think Nicky look is more modern, plus I prefer her shorter version of the dress.

Nicky wins for me but only by a hair’s breadth.

Jennifer and Nicky’s dress is available to purchase from Net-A-Porter.com.

Credit: Fame Pictures & Getty

In Jordin Sparks' Closet - Diane von Furstenberg Trapp Paneled Stretch-Jersey Dress

In Jordin Sparks’ Closet – Diane von Furstenberg Trapp Paneled Stretch-Jersey Dress

Gwyneth Paltrow In Alexander Wang - Good Morning America

Gwyneth Paltrow In Alexander Wang – Good Morning America

10 Responses to Who Wore Proenza Schouler Better? Jennifer Lawrence or Nicky Hilton

1. Matt April 14, 2011 at 11:27 #

Jennifer wins for me by a long mile. She has the body for it while Nicky just looks…bleh.

2. mochababe73 April 14, 2011 at 13:59 #

Neither.
    That dress makes them look as though neither of them have boobs. The bust area is just not flattering.

• Rachelle September 27, 2011 at 22:10 #

I completely agree. It just makes their chest look even more non-existant, and I’m guessing this is not something a lady would want when she is already very small-chested. It makes me chringe.

3. OZALES April 14, 2011 at 14:52 #

JENNIFER WINS. She brings the dress to life with her curves and the main reason why she wins for me, is because I’m soo sick of those nude pumps Nicky and everyone is wearing.

4. dee April 14, 2011 at 15:31 #

I like this better on Jennifer. I like her shoe choice, hairstyle and that fact that she fills out the dress.

5. jK April 14, 2011 at 16:12 #

Im curious to see this dress with a thin bright color belt and watching shoes, perhaps mustard or teal.

6. Sara B. April 14, 2011 at 18:53 #

Neither one looks good. Jennifer is beautiful in face and figure, and if she looks bad, I’m going to blame it on the ugly dress!

7. Sara April 14, 2011 at 20:53 #

I like the proportions better with Nicky’s cut, despite the poor shoe choice. Overall, not a fan of the dress, the bust is odd, not flattering

8. marthaxoxo April 15, 2011 at 00:15 #

Nicky cut like 5 in. off the dress. she makes the dress look completely cheap! its already a corset from the top.. no need to take off length.

9. KateS April 15, 2011 at 05:09 #

This is another WWIB where I cannot vote for either of them – this dress seems to be madly unflattering on everyone.