Fan Bing Bing In Burberry Prorsum – Burberry Beijing Flagship Store Opening

Yesterday Burberry celebrated the new Burberry Beijing flagship store opening. The event was streamed live globally on the internet and via their 50 Burberry stores (24 of which are in Asia Pacific).

Fan Bing Bing was one of the many Asian stars to join in the celebrations.

I knew this day would come and whilst I prepared myself for it, it’s still a shock to say out loud.

I’m not crazy about this look.

I understand that it would’ve been impossible for her to do the cutesy or uber glamorous thing with this biker-inspired collection, but I’m struggling to like anything about it.

From the gold sequin coat to the dark eyes and lipstick, I’m not a fan – pardon the pun.

The leopard print Spring 2011 Burberry Prorsum dress doesn’t feel like her either, but then maybe that was the point. Maybe she wanted to give us something new.

There were many other stars who looked better than Fan at this event, which is very rare.

Credit: Style.com & Sina

The Cosmopolitan Beauty Awards

The Cosmopolitan Beauty Awards

Heidi Klum In Michael Kors - 16th Annual Los Angeles Antiques Show 2011

Heidi Klum In Michael Kors – 16th Annual Los Angeles Antiques Show 2011

28 Responses to Fan Bing Bing In Burberry Prorsum – Burberry Beijing Flagship Store Opening

1. Maria April 14, 2011 at 15:04 #

Beautiful!

2. Alina April 14, 2011 at 15:06 #

She doesn’t look outstanding as we’ve come to expect from her but she doesn’t look too bad.

3. noo April 14, 2011 at 15:16 #

i really love the look, i thought i’ve seen every sequined look possible from fan but this is new :D

4. Hannah April 14, 2011 at 15:24 #

I agree completely. I really, really don’t like it. I am really not enjoying her ever more adventurous hair and makeup ventures, I down;t like the coat, I don’t like the dress and I don’t like the shoes. I really don’t like them all together. To be frank, I will never understand the appeal of this dress and the others like it, I think they look unbelievably cheap and tacky, and are pretty ugly.
    Her hair is GORGEOUS though

5. dee April 14, 2011 at 15:26 #

I like this look and I think the makeup goes with the outfit.

• KateS April 15, 2011 at 05:05 #

I agree, I like the whole look. Fab as ever.

6. Gaber April 14, 2011 at 15:28 #

I kind of like the coat, but the hair and the make-up are a complete and utter disaster.

• Ally April 14, 2011 at 21:27 #

Exactly what I was thinking. The outfit is cute enough, it is the hair and makeup that are letting her down here. It looks like they put on foundation and powder that were 3 shades too light for her to make her look like a ghost.

7. Vidhya April 14, 2011 at 15:44 #

thats terrible to look at.. she looks so pale too.. as u said.. the day had to come.. i really didnt like this dress.. she could have atleast lost the coat..

8. Luis Santos April 14, 2011 at 15:46 #

I like the coat and i think it match the dress, but her make up was a mess. Overall she looks good.

9. lilSweet April 14, 2011 at 15:59 #

Maybe it’s a love or hate dress, but I love it. It’s new and I think that she pulled it off well.

10. Rachel April 14, 2011 at 16:03 #

Her make up makes her look like “Corps bride gone wild”.

• olivia April 14, 2011 at 17:05 #

lol

11. S April 14, 2011 at 16:20 #

Strangely I feel the exact opposite. Love everything about this look! I love the glamour of the dark lippy and the sequin jacket. Love!!

12. Joy April 14, 2011 at 17:30 #

Um, I love it. Don’t get me wrong it isn’t an amazing look like we are used to from her but it is pretty awesome. I love the color of the coat and the sequins are so different. I like the dress/coat combination. I just love her styling ALWAYS! And her hair looks so beautiful! Her makeup looked a bit too dark in the first pic, but looks a lot better in the close up.

13. E April 14, 2011 at 18:11 #

I don’t like the coat, but I really like the makeup!

14. j April 14, 2011 at 18:37 #

i actually love this look. i think she stepped out of the box on this one and didnt give the usual hollywood glamour. shes always amazing but this just shows a different side of her. im also loving her dark makeup contrasting her pale complexion.

15. LizLemoooon April 14, 2011 at 20:04 #

I actually like this look! She looks kind of glam/edgy. I don’t like the clutch at all but in the pic of her sitting it looks like something out of an editorial.
    I’m enjoying her adventurous make up styles.
    It’s definitely not her best look but I quite like it!
    I think she could have picked a less white foundation tho….

16. Cezara April 14, 2011 at 20:19 #

I looove everything, she looks different but great!

17. dressaddict April 14, 2011 at 22:01 #

I like it a lot! It’s misterious and chic in the same time!

18. Thomas Monks April 14, 2011 at 22:50 #

I think that Fan should have worn this (http://www.style.com/fashionshows/complete/slideshow/S2011RTW-BURBERRY?event=show2182&designer=design_house170&trend=&iphoto=21#slide=21) cute and sexy but fun all at the same time

• Fashion Critic April 14, 2011 at 22:52 #

Yes…unfortunately someone else got there first.

I will post the rest later.

19. e April 15, 2011 at 02:27 #

even if that is bad, i wouldn’t mind looking like that!

20. june April 15, 2011 at 05:16 #

i love the coat, but it’s a bit overkill with the animal print clutch and dress, and the ghostly make up really doesn’t help. fan’s done ghostly makeup before, but usually she’s wearing warmer colours so it’s not so… deathly looking.

21. Luna April 15, 2011 at 08:02 #

Well, I loved FBB. And she is really one elegant lady. She can really be a knock-out whenever she choses to. But I think you should know that THERE ARE SO MANY OTHER ASIAN STARS that dresses as great, even better, than her.

Here’s a website where there you can find Asian Stars at red carpets, functions and events.

22. robbie April 15, 2011 at 19:57 #

the corpse bride wearing burberry interesting, honestly she looks like she is dead the make-up is so drastic looking.

23. Sophia April 16, 2011 at 12:12 #

I have to say that I love this look on her, I really do. But I think there are many of her previous outfits that I would prefer.

24. tina May 18, 2011 at 18:13 #

i don’t really like this look on her