13.04.11

Marc Jacobs Fall 2011 Shanghai Presentation

Marc Jacobs showcased its Fall 2011 presentation at Shanghai Peace Hotel in China last week.

Three beautiful Asian stars donned some equally beautifully Marc Jacobs Spring 2011 frocks for the occasion.

You will instantly recognise Lynn Xiong’s Marc Jacobs Spring 2011 black and maroon asymmetrical crochet dress; because we fell in love with it the first time it was worn by Leighton Meester.

Lynn Xiong wore the runway strappy heels and a red Marc Jacobs Luisa python and suede shoulder bag which she carried as a clutch.

Zhang Jing Chu wore a beautiful Marc Jacobs Spring 2011 floral-print silk-chiffon dress. This look was my favourite out of the three.

It’s so feminine plus I love the floral embellished belt.

Ran Chen opted for a more casual Marc Jacobs striped dress which she paired with a Marc Jacobs Singapore leather clutch and Marc Jacobs flatforms with gold glitter embellishments.

New pieces from the Marc Jacobs Spring 2011 collection including Zhang Jing Chu’s floral dress, Lynn Xiong red bag and Heidi Klum’s Golden Globes gown, have been added to Net-A-Porter US and Net-A-Porter International today.

Credit: Style.com & metroer.com

Kylie Minogue In YSL - Aphrodite Tour Wrap Party

Kylie Minogue In YSL – Aphrodite Tour Wrap Party

Lake Bell In Michael Kors - Good Housekeeping's Shine On Event

Lake Bell In Michael Kors – Good Housekeeping’s Shine On Event

17 Responses to Marc Jacobs Fall 2011 Shanghai Presentation

1. Iris April 13, 2011 at 16:20 #

Leighton looked cute, but the dress is totally regal on Lynn. Ankle-length dresses may be hard to carry off, but she does complete justice. Like Zhang too, but LOVE Lynn!

2. Tahj April 13, 2011 at 16:23 #

Some of this collection was a mess, but some of it I really liked, especially the maroon-colored designs. Good to see some wearing some of the better designs for it. I always had my eye on that middle outfit. I think it’s cool. The Asian-American actresses really know how to dress. I always love seeing the posts you make of them on your site.

3. Tamia April 13, 2011 at 16:36 #

FC-why do you think it is babe that asian women wear desinger clothes better than anyone else?notice,they never look like fashion victims x

• Fashion Critic April 13, 2011 at 16:50 #

My theory is because they are dressing to please themselves.

4. Alina April 13, 2011 at 17:38 #

Zhang Jing Chu looks stunning.

5. mol April 13, 2011 at 18:32 #

All three are fun and interesting to look at, but Zhang Jing Chu really shines for me….

6. mimi April 13, 2011 at 18:35 #

Lynn Xiong’s make-up has to be the scariest thing I’ve seen in a while. She looks horrific with that much amount of make-up.

7. Mimy April 13, 2011 at 18:43 #

my favorite is Zhang Jing Chu!

8. Carrie April 13, 2011 at 19:29 #

Leighton made this collection awesome, and then Heidi Klum ruined it :( Still,

9. Hannah April 13, 2011 at 20:26 #

I’m really dissapointed by this event. I always long for your posts on asian events and asian stars, because they are always so immaculate, gorgeous and elegant, but this really does not come through here. My favourite dress is definitely the halter dress, but the stylign lets it down big time, I miss th eslit, first off, obviously a shorter slit would ahve been better for the red carpet than the runway, but still. I also hate bags liek that on the red carpet, and teh shoes and the hemline are too messy and busy all together. Lynn does not pull this dress off half as well as Leighton, nor does she style it half aswell as Leighton but the real letdown was Ran Chen. Firstly, the dress IMO is hiedous adn very,very nineties. it’s really unflattering, a really awkward length and the shoes adn the bag especialla re so completely heinous I wish she had worn combat boots and a rucksack. The ahir is even worse. There are no words ot describe it.
    At least all their makeup is gorgeous.

10. bwimpn April 13, 2011 at 22:26 #

Leighton Meester wore the 1st dress on the left to her premiere Country Strong. LOVE IT!

• Fashion Critic April 13, 2011 at 22:39 #

Yes, that is what I said in the text

11. KateS April 14, 2011 at 02:02 #

Ooh, I love Ran Chen’s flatforms (tee hee) with that dress – so cute and fun.

12. mochababe73 April 14, 2011 at 14:51 #

Reason #101 why I love Marc Jacobs. Stunning dresses.
    I did not like the first dress on Leighton, but I love it on Lynn. For some reason, she looks classy and sophisticated.
    I like the second dress, but not on Zhang. I think the combination of the bag and shoes are too much.
    The striped dress was my favorite from that particular collection. I am not a fan of flatforms, but I love the glitter.

13. Zoe Mak April 14, 2011 at 14:56 #

I love the Michael Kors Buckled Leather Sandals so much !!

14. Jen April 15, 2011 at 04:13 #

I hated that dress on Leighton Meester and hadn’t seen it on the model. I get it now with the hem above the ankle.

15. Trend August 12, 2011 at 16:01 #