Last night Kerry Washington attended the New Yorkers For Children Spring Dinner Dance.

The actress opted to wear a one-of-a-kind Prabal Gurung for Ann Taylor Sheath Dress from the 2010 CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Design Challenge.

Kerry’s dress is inspired by a similar dress from Prabal Gurung’s Spring 2011 collection.

It looks like celebs have graduated from the Brian Atwood black ‘Maniac’ pumps, to the silver metallic version.

These are the 3rd pair we’ve seen within a week.

Anna Paquin and Ashley Tisdale have also walked the red carpet wearing them.

Credit: Style.com & INFEvents

Alexis Bledel In Oscar de la Renta - Good Housekeeping’s Shine On Event

Alexis Bledel In Oscar de la Renta – Good Housekeeping’s Shine On Event

Good Housekeeping's Shine On Event

Good Housekeeping’s Shine On Event

13 Responses to Kerry Washington In Prabal Gurung For Anne Taylor – New Yorkers For Children Spring Dinner Dance: “A Fool’s Fete”

1. Tania April 13, 2011 at 21:17 #

I perfer the runway colour but don’t think the colour would have looked good against her skin.

2. HP April 13, 2011 at 21:25 #

I think if she’d worn red, fusha or pink shoes it would’ve helped the look a lot.

3. AnderBoBo April 13, 2011 at 21:34 #

I actually much prefer the red carpet version to the runway. The fabrication looks much more luxurious on Kerry and I am loving the pop of color around the waist.

4. kimi April 13, 2011 at 21:41 #

Red carpet. I too wish she wore the runway version. More vibrant and lively. The dark navy brings down the dress to be dull.

5. dee April 13, 2011 at 22:45 #

I like this outfit. I prefer Kerry’s version and I don’t mind the shoes. At least they aren’t black.

6. CreoleLady April 13, 2011 at 23:36 #

The model has two advantages – she’s in motion and she has those fantabulous heels. Kinda shows how the right shoes can literally elevate a look from meh to marvelous. Plus the length is not a good one on Kerry imo.

7. Tahj April 14, 2011 at 00:07 #

I think she looks way better in it than the runway model does. Her gorgeous skin just makes the blue of the dress pop.

8. mochababe73 April 14, 2011 at 00:45 #

She should have worn the runway shoes.
    For some reason, I can never get on the Kerry Washington train. I always love what she has on, but I never like it on her. That Barbie doll hair is not helping.

9. KateS April 14, 2011 at 01:53 #

I think this dress would have looked better hemmed to above the knee on the petite Kerry. I can see why the designer might not have let that happen, especially to a one-off dress, but it loses its sass at this length.

10. Ivan Kiryushin April 14, 2011 at 02:28 #

kerry washington is the fabbest woman. kerry looks amazing, fantastic and extremely beautiful in her long blue dress. this her dress and her shoes are very good for her and look perfecly on her. very love her hairstyle. it’s one of the best hairstyles for her. kerry is the best. like her look in these pictures so much. she is the most fashionable woman of planet. no one woman is like kerry washington.

11. Jones19 April 14, 2011 at 10:40 #

I don’t like it, the length makes her look short and I’m so over the Maniac pumps, whether they are in gold, black or silver.

12. Alina April 14, 2011 at 11:43 #

I like the dress on Kerry, but I LOVE it on Karlie.

13. ANUJA RAJBHANDARI June 18, 2011 at 04:44 #

Wow! you actually did Ann Taylor! This will be my splurge of the year!