Who Wore Etoile Isabel Marant Better? Ellen Pompeo or Kourtney Kardashian

Head-to-toe denim looks saw a revival appearing on Celine, Stella McCartney and Derek Lam’s Spring 2011 runways.

Ellen Pompeo bravely took on this difficult trend by donning an Étoile Isabel Marant faded denim jumpsuit back in February whilst she was spotted leaving a hair salon in LA.

The Grey’s Anatomy actress went for a 70’s vibe with this look by adding her tan Chloe ‘Marcie’ leather bag and aviator sunglasses.

Leaving the jumpsuit unzipped, Ellen revealed a stone-coloured tank top.

I wish she would’ve worn better shoes and certainly picked a colour other than black.

Kourtney Kardashian, the most experimental of the Kardashian sisters, wore the same jumpsuit on a trip to the Dash store in Calabasas this weekend.

Kourtney kept her jumpsuit zipped up opting to pair hers with beige heels.

The rest of her look was kept fairly minimal, with a simple gold bracelet and a leopard print clutch as her only accessories. The reality star took the opposite approach to Ellen and let do the jumpsuit do most of the talking.

My vote is definitely going to Kourtney who has a more carefree vibe plus she doesn’t look like she’s headed to a building site like Ellen.

Credit: Fame Pictures & Splash News

Sarah Jessica Parker's Obsession - Halston Heritage Cleo Sac Bag

Sarah Jessica Parker’s Obsession – Halston Heritage Cleo Sac Bag

theOutnet.com 2nd Anniversary £2/$2 Sale

theOutnet.com 2nd Anniversary £2/$2 Sale

16 Responses to Who Wore Etoile Isabel Marant Better? Ellen Pompeo or Kourtney Kardashian

1. Marlie April 12, 2011 at 05:23 #

Oh please don’t let this fashion trend catch on. It is hard enough to pull off denim shirt/jacket with denim jeans but not as a jumpsuit, God spare our eyes!

2. seggie April 12, 2011 at 07:47 #

I love it on Kourtney !!!
    Elen does look like she’s heading to a building site…lol
    FC I can feel you don’t want to admit but you kinda like Kourtney’s style..huh? ;-)
    She’s still part of the Kardashian club but I have to say she’s the most discreet, stylish and natural of them all…

• Fashion Critic April 12, 2011 at 08:04 #

I do like Kourtney’s syle. I say that often. She’s the only one I do like.

The other 2 are trashy

3. Jones19 April 12, 2011 at 07:55 #

I hate how loose this jumpsuit is on both of them.

4. Gaber April 12, 2011 at 08:47 #

Well, they both look quite poorly (I mean they are wearing denim jumpsuits!!!), but not zipping it makes it look slightly better.
    The shoes are hideous though.

5. Saara April 12, 2011 at 10:59 #

Oh God save us from denim jumpsuits!
    I had to go with Kourtney, but this is just plain hidious on them both.

6. Cara April 12, 2011 at 14:18 #

both are horrible. they look like they are wearing a denim version of the orange prison jumpsuits.

please tell me how this is fashionable? i fail to see anything good about either outfits, except Ellen’s chloe bag which really isnt done justice with this outfit

7. Estranged April 12, 2011 at 14:30 #

For me it’s Kourtney who looks like a mechanic or a plumber in this jumpsuit.

• Moxie April 12, 2011 at 15:24 #

I’m with you. I don’t like the look at all, but it looks better on Ellen. Kourtney looks like she’s wearing her boyfriend’s overalls.

8. ShoeGal April 12, 2011 at 15:44 #

Let’s face it,this jumpsuit is not a pretty piece. In fact it is downright ugly. But Kourtney is so beautiful she makes it work. Her leopard clutch and huge smile make it impossible to hate. Now Ellen on the other hand looks like Mischa Barton moonlighting as a construction worker.

9. frommdq April 12, 2011 at 16:35 #

None of them!

• DivaMom April 12, 2011 at 16:51 #

I’m with you….I pick no one to wear this horrid trend. Whats up with the jumper/romper stuff coming back in style. If you aren’t three years old, one shouldn’t have to come out of their outfit completely to use the toilet. Sheesh.

• KateS April 13, 2011 at 01:19 #

I agree. Denim jumpsuits can never be okay.

10. Emi April 12, 2011 at 16:57 #

First of all I really dislike jumpsuit. I voted Ellen Pompeo because I prefer her but I would say “none”.

11. Emma April 12, 2011 at 23:08 #

This is hideous. Couldn’t bear to vote for either.

12. Chloe August 6, 2011 at 09:48 #

Ellen looks like a complete fashion victim. Ok, we get it, you’re wearing IM and Chloe! Looks like she’s trying to show what she can afford. She looks like a fool. Kourtney looks gorgeous!