Who Wore Stella McCartney Better? Alexis Bledel or Corinne Bailey Rae

Alexis Bledel attended US Weekly’s 25 Most Stylish New Yorkers at Lavo in New York City wearing a Stella McCartney botanical dress from the Resort 2011 collection.

She teamed her chic shift dress with lemon suede wedges and a navy blue clutch.

Corinne Bailey Rae wore the same dress to the 2011 Elle Style Awards which was held at The Grand Connaught Rooms in London back in February.

The UK singer only added black kitten heels to her look.

Alexis accessorized her look perfectly as the colours complemented her look, so she wins for me.

Their Stella McCartney botanical dress is available to purchase from Matches Fashion.

Credit: Style.com, INFEvents & Getty

Rose McGowan In Alberta Ferretti - 26th Annual Genesis Awards

Rose McGowan In Alberta Ferretti – 26th Annual Genesis Awards

Alexis Bledel In Stella McCartney - “The Conspirator” Washington DC Premiere

Alexis Bledel In Stella McCartney – “The Conspirator” Washington DC Premiere

13 Responses to Who Wore Stella McCartney Better? Alexis Bledel or Corinne Bailey Rae

1. samaira April 11, 2011 at 10:23 #

Although Alexis did accessorize it better, I like the sleeves of Corrine’s and original dress better, Which imo makes the whole dress better.

2. Ann April 11, 2011 at 11:13 #

I came across this picture of Alexis just yesterday and thought to myself that it should be featured on this blog and here it is!

• Fashion Critic April 11, 2011 at 11:14 #

magic ;)

3. Jones19 April 11, 2011 at 11:17 #

I like the longer sleeves on Corinne but Alexis accessorized this perfectly so she wins.

4. lovli April 11, 2011 at 11:35 #

Alexis looks super gorgeous! I love her lighter hair color, with those funny flowers, and blue eyes! :)

5. Lee Ann April 11, 2011 at 11:37 #

They are the same print but are slightly different dresses because if the sleeves. The longer sleeved version I believe is about £900 whilst the shorter sleeved version is about £700. I’ve been contemplating this dress but haven’t bought it because it strikes me as a one season wonder.

6. Lara April 11, 2011 at 13:12 #

Lol @ FC… kitten heels on Corinne? Those look like about 3 to 4 inches to me… lol! She’s no Nic Kidman

7. DivaMom April 11, 2011 at 14:54 #

The fit is better on Corrine. Her beautiful, buttery skin really stands out against the fabric. She wins for me.

• Nia April 11, 2011 at 15:30 #

I agree 100%. She wins for me too.

• artemis April 11, 2011 at 17:32 #

Totally agree with you..Alexis accessorized it better but I love her dress against her skin and I prefer the long sleeves!

8. Estranged April 11, 2011 at 18:44 #

I really hate Alexis’ shoes. Too heavy for this dress and the colour is not working for me at all. Plus, I prefer Corinne’s version of the dress.

9. Sharon April 11, 2011 at 19:02 #

I like Corinne’s look much better mainly because of the dress itself. I like the longer sleeves and the neckline. And, having seen two pictures of Alexis, I think her shoes are reminiscent of those worn by Minnie Mouse.,

10. Lucinda April 12, 2011 at 18:03 #

I prefer the longer sleeves on Corinne’s dress, and the fit looks a lot better.
    I feel the clutch a bit formal with the dress and shoes quite ugly.
    Corinne’s the winner for me, although i love Alexis’ hair colour.