Reese Witherspoon for Vogue US May 2011

Reese Witherspoon graces her second cover in so many weeks.

Last week it was People fior her wedding issue, this week she smolders on the cover of American Vogue’s May 2011 issue.

For the cover Peter Lindbergh captures the beautiful actress sporting marcel waves wearing a Roland Mouret Fritz silk and crepe camisole from the Spring 2011 collection.

The rest of her editorial, which she shares with an elephant, sees her wearing Christian Dior, Sophie Theallet, Narciso Rodriguez and Dolce & Gabbana.

In the magazine Reese talks about her new hubby and her “Water for Elephants” co-star Robert Pattinson shares his admiration for the actress.

On married life with Jim Toth: “He’s wonderful. He’s just a really great guy, and I feel really lucky. It’s so cute: Over the holidays I was at a department store in L.A. with my friends, and these three women from Oklahoma came up to me, and they said – Reese, We are so happy for yeeew. We liiike this guy for yeeew.’ And I said, ‘You do?!’ ‘Yes, ma’am. We think he is a niiice man. We think he is going to treat you well and be good to yeeew.’ I was like, ‘Really?’ So sweet! And I told them my mother likes him very much, too.”

On her current place in life: “I mean . . . it sort of indicates that at other times I was not in a good place. Which is true. I have had my share of heartbreak. But I think your friends really know when you are at your happiest. Even though I am nervous and excited and all those things people feel when they are about to get married, I think I am mostly very calm right now. Usually, I’m a little bit of a squirrel. I have a squirrelly energy.”

Reese’s co-star Robert Pattinson on the actress: “In terms of public perception, she’s thought of as America’s Sweetheart. And she kind of is in a lot of ways. But I think that she’s a lot bawdier than that, a lot more raucous. It did actually shock me to see that. She’s tough. You wouldn’t want to get into an argument with her at all. You can always tell that she will be incredibly nice to anyone who’s not an idiot, but it’s always very clear that there’s a line you really shouldn’t cross.”

Credit: Style.com & Vogue

Zoe Saldana For Net-A-Porter's THE EDIT

Zoe Saldana For Net-A-Porter’s THE EDIT

January Jones For W Magazine May 2011

January Jones For W Magazine May 2011

23 Responses to Reese Witherspoon for Vogue US May 2011

1. Vidhya April 11, 2011 at 17:29 #

the dolce and gabbana dress made its appearance :) im loving the sophie theallet dress.. so hot!!!

2. Lee Ann April 11, 2011 at 17:55 #

The cover picture is so over touched that I didn’t recognise her and as a result didn’t want to smack her.

• Marvel April 11, 2011 at 18:19 #

LMAO. She does have a punch-able face

• Sharon April 11, 2011 at 18:19 #

I’ve never wanted to smack her, but I do agree that she’s unrecognizable in the cover photo. Put her in a line-up and I’d never find her.

3. mm April 11, 2011 at 17:56 #

The last pic with elephant is my fav

4. Ev April 11, 2011 at 18:29 #

She barely looks herself on the cover which is so sad, because she is beautiful. I understand the need for some retouching, but seeing what they do to models and celebrities that appear on the covers, they might as well just draw some random faces from scratch.

The photo of her in Sophie Theallet dress is amazing. But all in all this looks more like a promo campaign for a movie rather than an editorial. Too much elephant, i guess :)

• Rachel April 11, 2011 at 19:43 #

I agree with you 100%!

5. Amy April 11, 2011 at 18:41 #

That first pic is definitely over-shopped…
    I love the third picture of her on the elephant. The last on eis sweet too :)

6. Caroline April 11, 2011 at 18:50 #

Waouh !!!

7. Linda April 11, 2011 at 19:10 #

I thought it was Kirsten Dunst on the cover bc of the eyes.

8. Bethany April 11, 2011 at 20:45 #

I thought the cover was of Brittany Snow before I read the headline.

9. NooG April 11, 2011 at 21:44 #

Beautiful, beautiful editorial. She looks amazing, the clothes are amazing, and the elephant is beyond amazing lol. LOVE!

10. KateS April 12, 2011 at 01:17 #

I’m quite bored of these editorials with Reese and circus themes (elephants, big tents etc) – it’s like seeing Natalie Portman or Mila Kunis in fluffy, pastel, ballet-inspired spreads (eg Natalie’s recent Vogue cover). I find it a bit of a yawn when the editorials are just extended ads for the movie.

11. mol April 12, 2011 at 02:48 #

This kind of editorial has been done a 1000 times at least! And they have made Reese look like a generic blond on the cover, so no wonder people are mistaking her for someone else – I’m soooooo sick of this kind of useless fluff….Like KateS says, just an extended advert for the movie….

12. Sarah NZ April 12, 2011 at 05:02 #

Too heavy handed with photoshop. To me, it looks like they have shrunk and distorted her jaw. Her lips look to small and she looks a bit flat on either side of her nose. I think that her lips have been made to “smile” a bit more. Oh, and EVERYONE has a tiny crease under their eyes! Can you tell I’m a photoshopper? : )

Fashion wise? Less elephant please. More close ups

13. roxana April 12, 2011 at 07:10 #

lovely girl!

14. Ines April 12, 2011 at 08:12 #

Too much photoshop. I thought it was Dunst.. That ed looks like Diaz’ one circa 2003 or like her spread with Pattinson for EW. They could have tried something different..

However I am drooling over the Christian Dior whole look, she does look gorgeous there! But please, gives Tai (the elephant) a rest.

15. slashdot April 12, 2011 at 12:09 #

What I absolutely loath is, besides the overly photoshopped cover, is the use of elephants in the editorial. The fact the the culture of the circus world, which I cannot but associate with animals coerced into doing things that are not natural for them, is sad, to say the least.
    That poor animal should have been in a savanna and not having to hold R.W. (or any actor/model/whatever) on its head. And I do think she should have known better and refused to take part to this.
    I hate it when they use defenseless animals to sell magazines, clothes, tickets to the cinema or to increase the fame of whatever artist.

• Alex April 12, 2011 at 17:15 #

And the dog should be a wolf instead of wearing a collar and being locked in an apartment all day, and the cat should still walk by himself…
      The sad fact is that being useful to humankind usually saves you from extinction. In India, the elephant would still be working for his meals or risking being killed for ivory. So lifting R.W. while not necessarily being his idea of fun, is hardly the worst elephant fate out there.

16. mochababe73 April 12, 2011 at 13:30 #

Photoshop Gone Wild!
    That is waaaay too much retouching. She doesn’t even look like herself. I thought that it was Kirsten Dunst. It even looks as though they shaved off her chin.
    I like the pictures. That dress on her looks less like a figure skating dress. But maybe that’s because she’s sitting down.

17. Cheryl Wong April 13, 2011 at 10:24 #

I adore that Sophie Theallet dress. The colour is divine and the fabric just drapes on the body without being too tight or too loose. Photoshop or no photoshop, the clothes are gorgeous!!

18. Dani April 13, 2011 at 17:50 #

The cover looks like one of the old covers of the Wakefield sisters on the Sweet Valley High books. The Sophie Theallet dress is my fave!

19. Veronika April 14, 2011 at 09:22 #

I just cannot get over that cover – terrible! that is not Reese even if I try veeery hard. and there is so little of Reese on the rest of the shoots as well that I realy cant say I like this…