Anne Hathaway In Gucci – “Rio” LA Premiere

Anne Hathaway continues to promote the animated movie “Rio” – which she lends her voice to – by attending the LA Premiere at The Grauman’s Chinese Theatre in Hollywood yesterday.

The actress switched things up again, by opting for a Gucci Spring 2011 dress.

Her rich dark purple short sleeve embellished frock has fringe detailing along the neckline and shoulders.

Anne always talks about how much of a geek she is, so her ‘Geek Chic’ glasses provide a total contrast to her edgy dress.

Her look was complete with matching purple and black velvet Gucci Malika strappy sandals, which the model also wore on the runway.

I remember how many of you hated Annette Bening wearing glasses on the red carpet recently.

Whilst I don’t think they are the perfect red carpet accessory, I find them very charming on Anne.

There’s nothing wrong with embracing your inner geek.

Credit: NYMag.com & Getty

Karolina Kurkova In Preen - Lucky FABB: Fashion and Beauty Blog Conference

Karolina Kurkova In Preen – Lucky FABB: Fashion and Beauty Blog Conference

Evan Rachel Wood In Jill Stuart - "The Conspirator" Washington DC Premiere

Evan Rachel Wood In Jill Stuart – “The Conspirator” Washington DC Premiere

27 Responses to Anne Hathaway In Gucci – “Rio” LA Premiere

1. Rachel April 11, 2011 at 12:05 #

This is a pretty bold look, something not just any typical Hollywood starlet would do, and I’m glad she went with it!

2. Terry April 11, 2011 at 12:06 #

I must admit this vision of Anne wearing glasses on the red carpet has left me baffled…but I like her so much! It’s refreshing to see such an ordinary accessory (yes, I know she wanted to give a geek vibe to her look, but wearing glasses is still ordinary – I do it all the time ;)) turning into glamourous.

3. CreoleLady April 11, 2011 at 12:15 #

I would prefer she save the glasses for street looks. The glasses are cute, though. But my real objection is to her hair. What possesses brunettes with gorgeous tresses to bleach them blonde and turn tresses into straw? Maybe the blonde is for a role. Anyway, I find her hair very disappointing.

4. Mahima April 11, 2011 at 12:23 #

Its so cute, I love the dress.
    The glasses remind me of Princess Diaries a little bit.

5. Marvel April 11, 2011 at 12:37 #

I think she looks ridicolous. I hate those ‘Geek Chic’ glasses. I imagined she got these as a gift from Brad Goreski before he left Rachel Zoe.

I dont mind glasses on people like Annete or Tina Fey but on Anne it looks kinda stupid. I do like the dress but her hair is looking very scraggy

6. Lee Ann April 11, 2011 at 12:53 #

Love the dress and the glazes but what has she done to her hair- it looks gilded

7. Naomi April 11, 2011 at 13:08 #

I think she looks adorable with the glasses, they add a lot to the look.
    Love the dress ans shoes, but the hair doesn’t look great on close-up…

8. sydneycheekychic April 11, 2011 at 13:33 #

Loving the geek chic’ness!!

9. frommdq April 11, 2011 at 13:35 #

The glasses work just ok for me, but I dont know what is going on with her hair!

10. mandy April 11, 2011 at 13:45 #

Oh puhlease… Glasses? TOTAL IRRELEVANT.

11. ShoeGal April 11, 2011 at 14:11 #

An amazing look ruined by goofy,inappropriate looking glasses. I don’t find these the least bit ‘charming’. She looks like a 6th grader who ran out of contacts on picture day. They are compeltely distracting from her fabulous dress and shoes. Please Anne leave the scuba gear at home next time.

12. DivaMom April 11, 2011 at 14:50 #

The glasses are completely contrived. The dress is golden, however.

13. E April 11, 2011 at 15:38 #

She looks ridiculous in those glasses. It’s like she’s trying to draw attention away from whatever’s going on with her hair. Too bad it didn’t work.

14. dee April 11, 2011 at 15:39 #

I like the dress and shoes. I don’t mind the glasses.

15. rebecca o April 11, 2011 at 16:14 #

those glasses are really unflattering. They make it look like her nose is attached to the frames.

16. Luiza April 11, 2011 at 16:48 #

she looks stunning here – as always. love everything about this look and i can’t see any problem with the glasses

17. Jones19 April 11, 2011 at 16:51 #

She makes anything look cute and those glasses are no exception. Love everything about this look.

18. Ev April 11, 2011 at 17:36 #

I can live with the glasses although they do nothing for this look, but what is it with her hair? It looks really bad.

19. Giuseppi April 11, 2011 at 18:05 #

Nerdy chic! I love this! That shade of purple is great and so is her hair- I love the whole thing.

20. Tahj April 11, 2011 at 21:20 #

The geek chic look is so pretentious to me. It’s one thing if Diane Keaton where’s glasses on the red carpet. That’s her. That’s real. But these stars who are trying to find this ironic hipness by sporting them just get on my nerves. Especially Justin Timberlake.

• mol April 11, 2011 at 21:48 #

Couldn’t agree more…

• t-bot April 11, 2011 at 22:50 #

I don’t think it’s pretentious Anne Hathaway- she does actually need to wear glasses. if you look closely her face appears smaller behind the glasses, which means she’s near-sighted. maybe she’s just having a bad day with her contact lenses or something.

• KateS April 12, 2011 at 04:58 #

I agree, it looks so pretentious.

21. Hisadora April 11, 2011 at 21:57 #

I LOVE her look, the glasses are so very cute!!!

22. AJoanna April 11, 2011 at 22:48 #

I don’t have a problem with glasses on the red carpet, but THOSE glasses are a no-no on anyone except… um… actually no exceptions.
    Awesome dress though.

23. Sue Jin April 13, 2011 at 07:07 #

I don’t mind them! They look very cute on her.

24. Ayesha April 13, 2011 at 14:29 #

i think the glasses look great on her..but i wonder why would she wear it with a stunning dress like that.Glasses might have been better on a more casual look.