Uma Thurman In Lanvin – “Ceremony” New York Screening

Like Helen Mirren, Uma Thurman is having a Lanvin moment.

The actress wore her second Lanvin look in a row to the New York screening for “Ceremony” at the Angelika Film Center last night.

Her Spring 2011 look included a metallic grey long-sleeve ruched top with a matching skirt.

She opted to wear the top over the high-waisted skirt and add a thin black belt to define her waist.

An updo with a few pieces framing her face and Jimmy Choo silver sandals completed her chic relaxed red carpet look.

Uma just oozes sophistication.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Herve Leger At Up To 65% Off At theOutnet.com

Herve Leger At Up To 65% Off At theOutnet.com

Rodarte On Net-A-Porter.com

Rodarte On Net-A-Porter.com

24 Responses to Uma Thurman In Lanvin – “Ceremony” New York Screening

1. Vidhya April 6, 2011 at 12:06 #

I felt her outfit was ill fitting and too crinkled.. Her sleeves r too long and her top shud have been styled as in the runway. Now its just not right

• Fashion Critic April 6, 2011 at 12:20 #

it’s meant too be crinkled.

• Vidhya April 6, 2011 at 13:05 #

yes, i know its meant to be crinkled… its like a dress thats ruched everywhere.. too much going on.. might have looked better without the sleeves maybe!

2. Michelle April 6, 2011 at 12:31 #

I’m not sure I like where the tone starts on her dress, I wish it was much higher on her like the model. Great look nonetheless

3. Zamri A. April 6, 2011 at 12:36 #

The dress looks pretty on the model. But on Uma, I think there’s something wrong with the proportions.

4. Lucinda April 6, 2011 at 12:54 #

I love the palette here, and pleased to see some sandals rather than heavy shoes that everyone seems to favour.
    I do however feel having her top over the highwaister skirt makes her body appear very long and a little out of proportion.

5. Luis April 6, 2011 at 13:02 #

The top over the high-waisted skirt was a bad bad choice, because she isn’t that old… This look with the top over the skirt will be right for someone over 50′s. For the this look ages her.

6. Julie K April 6, 2011 at 13:08 #

When I saw this I wondered when she’d gained 80 pounds! This may be the one dress where rouching doesn’t work well – especially when she belted it. Too bad, because I love the colours and the style.

7. Kaylie April 6, 2011 at 13:20 #

I don’t like anything about this look. It’s not flattering her at all.

8. Sharon April 6, 2011 at 13:21 #

I think she looks great. I like the way she restyled the dress – it’s much more flattering to her. The runway version has way too much fabric bunched up around the model’s mid-section. I love her shoe selection too.

9. Camille April 6, 2011 at 13:32 #

sorry, I think she looks like a hot mess. Satin + ruching never did any woman any favors and the whole boobage area looks wonky. I think Lanvin is failing yet another beautiful woman. Julian Moore and now Uma.

10. Paddy M April 6, 2011 at 13:37 #

Wearing the skirt over the top like on the runway gives the top a better shape. On Uma, the top looks too much – the sleeves look like they’re swallowing her up. I normally hate it when sleeves are as long as the body of the top, and that’s what has happened here. It also makes her look several sizes larger, as the way the top hugs her hips looks off – it looks like that’s her abdomen, which makes her look fat, rather than slim and shapely with lovely hips.

A very minor alteration in how Uma has worn this ensemble has completely changed it, and for worse, not better.

11. ayishaa April 6, 2011 at 13:42 #

This outfit is a NO NO. Looks like she gained weight in all the wrong places. For someone as tall and slim ans Uma to look this wide that’s a tough feat and this outfit did just that.

12. Ayvee April 6, 2011 at 14:48 #

I may be in the minority since I really don’t like this dress on her. She looks like a sausage – although sausages are not this wrinkly. Not sure exactly what is off – maybe the shoulders of the length – but it just doesn’t suit her.

• Paddy M April 6, 2011 at 16:02 #

Have you read the other comments? You’re certainly not in the minority here. Most of us are with you on this…

• Ayvee April 6, 2011 at 22:56 #

When I posted my comment, I didn’t see any of the earlier ones. Not sure why my iPhone didn’t display any of them. Now that I’m on my desktop, I’m able to read everyone’s comments and I’m glad I’m not alone in this.

13. Fiona April 6, 2011 at 14:56 #

Why have the sleeve down to the her knuckles? I don’t get it. The proportions are wrong now that she has dragged the top down towards her knees, sorry I don’t like any of it. Lanvin is not working this time.

14. shap_half April 6, 2011 at 16:41 #

To me, this is super unflattering.

15. dee April 6, 2011 at 17:11 #

I kinda like this. it looks better on Uma than the model.

16. Raskolnikowskaja. April 6, 2011 at 17:48 #

Well… what was she thinking???

17. Tahj April 6, 2011 at 20:32 #

I don’t like it, but you’re right she does ooze sophistication. That’s why she only dates billionaires. lol. Still she was much better with the metallic jacket.

18. Moxie April 6, 2011 at 21:01 #

My first thought — did she become the new spokesperson for Michelin tires? Seriously, she looks like the Michelin tire man.

19. Jeremy April 7, 2011 at 12:44 #

I’m sorry but I think it’s Uma’s fault to choose this dress. Alber Elbaz said at his collection show that he designed such dresses to play with the “wrinkle idea”. So it’s more likely a concept look, not a red carpet look. I know she wants to take a bold step but unfortunately I think this look quite unflattering.

20. mochababe73 April 7, 2011 at 20:51 #

I like the dress, but it does need some tweaking. I say either the sleeves need to be shortened because their too long, or it needs to be sleeveless. Uma could have also worn it above the knee.