Gwen Stefani In Elle US May 2011

Gwen Stefani graces the cover of Elle US May 2011 issue, which focuses on women in music.

Dusan Reljin shot the beautiful singer and designer wearing Givenchy and Michael Kors.

Gwen shares that she takes much pride in her appearance, but she would never place herself in the same category as Lady Gaga or Katy Perry, as she thinks they are much sexier than her.

I totally disagree. Gwen is waaaay hotter than those two put together.

The Women in Music issue also features multiple female singers stars including Jennifer Hudson, Adele, Jennifer Lopez, Nicki Minaj, Rihanna, Beyonce and Willow Smith.

Read more at Elle.com. The May issue hits newsstands April 12.

Here are some extracts from Gwen’s interview:

On writing hits: “I do! Why wouldn’t you want that many people listening to the songs that you wrote? There’s no way to go back after you have had it. So the intentions of even the solo records were always about trying to write those guilty-pleasure albums that just get in your head and you can’t get out. I’m not cool, I’m not into the B-sides. Prince, who is one of my idols, gave me some advice when I worked with him: “Have you ever just tried writing a hit? Like, don’t just try writing a song, try and write a hit song.” I remember him saying that and me thinking, Yeah, you’re right. Why would you write anything else?”

On her marriage to Gavin Rossdale: “The first time we ever kissed was right around Valentine’s Day—we were in New Orleans on tour. So, yeah, I always think about that because it’s unbelievable that we’ve been able to stay together. I feel so proud of us—it’s one of my biggest achievements.”

On performing while pregnant: “It was horrible. Certain songs would make me want to puke. You feel pretty gross when you are first pregnant. You don’t feel cute, you feel disgusting. You’re getting fat. It was hard. I mean, I’m very vain. That would be my middle name. Of course I am, you know what I mean? I love the visual.”

On whether Lady Gaga, Rihanna and Katy Perry have taken a page out of her playbook when it comes to style: “Really? I don’t see myself in those girls. I usually put pants on. I see these girls as more going for the sex-symbol thing. I was more, in the band, like a tomboy. Of course, I think every girl is sexy, so there’s going to be a little of that. But I see a lot of younger artists going more toward the sexy thing.”

On pop music: “When we were growing up, some of the hits were legendary ones that you hear your whole life. But certain songs, I don’t know if you’ll ever hear them again. Because that’s what that music is, like a guilty pleasure, it’s right at the moment. It’s like fashion—it’s now, then it’s gone.”

Credit: Style.com & Elle.com

Miu Miu vs Topshop

Miu Miu vs Topshop

Greta Gerwig In Narciso Rodriguez - “Arthur” New York Premiere

Greta Gerwig In Narciso Rodriguez – “Arthur” New York Premiere

26 Responses to Gwen Stefani In Elle US May 2011

1. Pati April 6, 2011 at 16:06 #

Well, she´s certainly much more classy than those two put together!!! I love her style! I am watching her “Cool” video at the moment- so cool in deed!

• Alina April 6, 2011 at 17:14 #

“Well, she´s certainly much more classy than those two put together!!! I love her style!”

I agree 100%.

2. Paddy M April 6, 2011 at 16:07 #

Hey! Katy Perry is way hottt ;)

But no-one works it like my Gwen…

• Lo April 6, 2011 at 17:17 #

Ya….. Katy Perry is “decent” with her mask of makeup on. Have you not seen the pics without???? Frightening!!!!

• Fashion Critic April 6, 2011 at 18:20 #

agreed

• Paddy M April 6, 2011 at 23:29 #

That was apparently taken as soon as she woke up! Don’t slag lol! I’ve seen her face to face and she looked gorgeous, and her make-up wasn’t particularly heavy either. I think she’s a very beautiful woman.

3. Vidhya April 6, 2011 at 16:44 #

oh my… she looks amazing.. such a refreshing cover.. we dont see gwen much on magazines, do we?

4. robbie April 6, 2011 at 16:51 #

gwen is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy hotter and more talented than gaga and perry, who are only really successful because of her boobs (perry) and because she is a fame wh)re (gaga)

she looks amazing in the cover shot, but DAMN that michael kors shot is just something else! very strange not seeing with the bright red lips though.

5. niya April 6, 2011 at 17:04 #

I love Gwen – she was a sort of idol of mine growing up – and she still looks phenomenal. I also loved her line about wearing pants!

6. dee April 6, 2011 at 17:12 #

I really like the M. Kors look.

7. sabrina April 6, 2011 at 17:15 #

I love this.

8. Rebecca April 6, 2011 at 18:04 #

Very striking! She is who these others should want to be when they grow up.

9. Nadia April 6, 2011 at 19:54 #

She looks good !! but regarding Katy and Rihanna – they are both talented and so i Gaga she is alittle crazy but got skills !!
    Rihanna & Katy always bring their A game with fashion and if that means they like body showing then so be it they got the body for it dont hate!

10. Ev April 6, 2011 at 20:04 #

“Really? I don’t see myself in those girls. I usually put pants on.”
    LMAO. She is amazing. The photos are gorgeous, especially the last one.

• Anna April 7, 2011 at 09:06 #

I completely agree with Gwen on this! What is it with young girls pop stars or wannabees and NOT WEARING PANTS! (or if you’re English, only wearing pants not trousers…) Do you have to go half naked to be successful these days? Thank god for Adele!

Rant over. Gwen looks amazing!

11. Anika April 6, 2011 at 20:34 #

I think Gwen Stefani looks amazing here, and I think the cover image is a primer of what a sexy woman looks like – she’s not showing tons of skin, but her confidence and the look that says she’s got plenty going on underneath the surface pull you right in. It’s a win!

12. Elizabeth April 6, 2011 at 21:03 #

These pictures and the interview are amazing and really prove that Gwen has enough natural beauty and personality that she doesn’t have to overcompensate with gimmicks to win over fans.

13. alannah April 7, 2011 at 00:50 #

i agree with you FC, gwen knocks rihanna & katy out of the ballpark. she oozes easy sexiness & shes so classy about it too.
    to me gwen is like the cool older sister you always wanted to be friends with. it just comes easy to her.

• Maggie April 10, 2011 at 02:51 #

That’s a PERFECT way to decribe Gwen! The cool older sister… She is so effortlessly cool.

14. Victor April 7, 2011 at 04:12 #

I love this woman. Super duper HOT

15. Sharon April 7, 2011 at 04:21 #

Katy Perry is one of my secret pleasures — she always makes me smile — but nobody could beat Gwen in that black skirt and white blouse. Absolutely wonderful.

16. Sue Jin April 7, 2011 at 06:00 #

Wow, she looks amazing in those dresses! She’s so gorgeous and very much sexy in every aspect than those others. Her sexiness isn’t forced it just comes naturally..

17. roxana April 7, 2011 at 07:19 #

very beautiful!

18. Sophia April 7, 2011 at 14:54 #

Oh wow, this woman is amazing! How can a person be so hot, talented, fashionable and likeable at the same time? The photos are just perfection, love the hair!

19. mochababe73 April 7, 2011 at 20:28 #

I love Gwen and have always liked her style. I don’t find Lady GaGa particularly stylish or fashionable. She’s just a knock off of Grace Jones as far as I’m concerned.
    Too bad I won’t be picking up this issue. I don’t want to see an already over-exposed Willow Smith.

20. xxicah May 20, 2012 at 15:44 #

that Givenchy dress…I want one!