Penelope Cruz In L’Wren Scott – Hollywood Walk of Fame

Penelope Cruz is the first Spanish actress to receive the star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.

For the momentous occasion she opted to wear a Fall 2011 L’Wren Scott lace sheath dress.

Her purple knee length dress with elbow length sleeves was accessorized with black Christian Louboutin peep-toe pumps and Chopard jewels.

Cruz is a big fan of L’Wren Scott.

You’ll remember she wore the designer to the 2011 Oscars for her big return to the red carpet.

L’Wren Scott isn’t Penelope’s stylist, you maybe surprised to learn. So her love for the designer is pure.

Penelope was accompanied to the event by family members and Johnny Depp, her co-star in “Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides,” which opens in theaters May 20.

Credit: Getty

Kristin Davis In Prada - "Born To Be Wild 3-D" LA Premiere

Kristin Davis In Prada – “Born To Be Wild 3-D” LA Premiere

Who Was Your Best Dressed At The 2011 Annual Academy Of Country Music Awards?

Who Was Your Best Dressed At The 2011 Annual Academy Of Country Music Awards?

16 Responses to Penelope Cruz In L’Wren Scott – Hollywood Walk of Fame

1. Luis Santos April 4, 2011 at 21:20 #

L’Wren Scott makes old fashion dresses who don’t suit everybody. And i can’t remember one person who looks good in L’Wren Scott in my opinion… L’Wren Scott. don’t deserve such credit.

2. Brooke April 4, 2011 at 21:26 #

underwhelming.

3. maria April 4, 2011 at 21:27 #

i LOVE the colour of the dress on Penelope, but i would have preferred a wider neckline.

4. Hisadora April 4, 2011 at 21:28 #

Her beauty is just exquisite! ”Maravillosa”

5. Gigi April 4, 2011 at 21:38 #

Considering she just delivered a baby, I think she looks fantabulous – Sophia Loren #2.

6. dee April 4, 2011 at 21:44 #

The color is the best thign about this dress. It isn’t very excititng though.

7. Luis Santos April 4, 2011 at 21:57 #

Remind me Scarlett Johansson in Dolce & Gabanna at 2011 Oscars…

8. Rebecca April 4, 2011 at 23:04 #

I agree it is underwhelming. And it is a strangely shaped dress on the model–too big in the shoulders.

9. mochababe73 April 5, 2011 at 01:43 #

Dowdy.
    I would have preferred a sleeveles sheath and better shoes.

10. Gabriela April 5, 2011 at 06:27 #

As much as I love Penelope all I can say is the coulour is perfect…

11. Emi April 5, 2011 at 06:56 #

I like the dress but it’s not very flattering on her, since she’s still not in a perfect shape. She gave birth few months ago and she’s choosing very tight dresses, I don’t know why. Also, this doesn’t concern fashion, but I don’t understand the reason why she got a star on the Walk of fame, she’s not such a star. Maybe one day we all have one star there…

• Fashion Critic April 5, 2011 at 07:34 #

You’ll notice that people get the star when the have a movie to promote. It probably doesn’t mean as much as it used to

• Georgia April 6, 2011 at 02:18 #

This dress makes her look broad and boxy, but I will defend her receiving a star–she is an Oscar winner, after all, not a fly-by-night starlet.

Although, almost anyone can get a star if their fans nominate them and ante up the 30 grand to pay for it. There are some pretty random “stars” on that walk.

12. Jones19 April 5, 2011 at 10:28 #

I hate this dress on her, doesn’t suit her figure at all. The dress she wore to the oscars was way too tight around the bust so I’m not loving L’Wren Scott on her.

13. Hannah April 5, 2011 at 17:47 #

As a spanish person I am super proud! Despite this I hate the dress. It is really not flattering, I get she has a good body, but rather than looking gorgeous and accentuate it and enhance it, she seems to want ot throw it in our faces, which really doesn’t do it many favours IMO. I also think ehr hair is realy looking sad. I kinda wish sh ehad taken thsi is an opportunity to promote Spain and worn a Spanish designer, like Princesa Leticia does, which would ahve made the moment even better!

14. J May 10, 2011 at 13:16 #

I like the dress but it doesn’t suit her figure, but then again she just had a baby. The color looks great on her.