Carrie Underwood In Jean Fares Couture – 2011 Academy Of Country Music Awards

Most Disappointing Award
Carrie Underwood is the other singer I look to for something special at Country Music Awards, but at the 2011 Academy Of Country Music Awards she failed me.

The blonde singer wore a purple Jean Fares Couture gown which does nothing for me or her.

The gown with embellished with jeweled pockets is gorgeous on the model, but falls flat Carrie as it’s too old fashioned for her.

This gown would look great on Paris Hilton or Victoria Silvstedt, but it’s not a look I favour for Carrie.

I don’t hate it, but I’m far from being impressed by this look.

Credit: Jean Fares Couture & Zuma Press

Taylor Swift In Elie Saab Couture - 2011 Academy Of Country Music Awards

Taylor Swift In Elie Saab Couture – 2011 Academy Of Country Music Awards

AnnaSophia Robb In Georges Hobeika Couture - 2011 Academy Of Country Music Awards

AnnaSophia Robb In Georges Hobeika Couture – 2011 Academy Of Country Music Awards

14 Responses to Carrie Underwood In Jean Fares Couture – 2011 Academy Of Country Music Awards

1. Alina April 4, 2011 at 13:18 #

I don’t hate it but I don’t love it neither.

2. Gabriela April 4, 2011 at 13:34 #

Hmmm…. Hard to decide…. I do not like the hair for me it’s a bit “pageanty” , I would’ve prefered it up so you could see the detail in the straps but the dress is stunning, the colour is georgeously deep and rich, I think she pulls it off…..

I would regret seeing this dress in someone as classless as Paris Hilton…. I’m sorry…

3. Joy April 4, 2011 at 13:47 #

It is different then what she normal wears, isn’t it? It seems she and Taylor Swift often wear short, nude colored sparkly dresses, which always look beautiful on her. We often criticize celebs for sticking to what works for them (Halle, Jen Anis.) I like it because it feels different for her. It is not my fav but I like it. Maybe it is the color that makes it different and work for me? I love this purple!

4. Jones19 April 4, 2011 at 13:53 #

Something is missing…or falls flat as you put it. I don’t know what it is…

5. Rebecca April 4, 2011 at 14:48 #

She is just overwhelmed by this dress. The pockets look like holsters–it is just too much dress for her.

6. Gaber April 4, 2011 at 14:58 #

The shoulder straps are a massive mistake.
    I really love the rest of the dress, but the straps cheapen the whole look.

• Fashion Critic April 4, 2011 at 15:25 #

It does look cheap. I think that’s my issue with it

7. Ilana April 4, 2011 at 16:08 #

Hmm.. Don’t know about this dress… Like the color on her and she looks/is very pretty but thats it…..

Critics could you also review her stage and backstage outfit??! That would be awesome!
    BTW her performance with Steven Tyler totally ROCKED! Go and check it out!

• Fashion Critic April 4, 2011 at 16:25 #

Stage was a no, but the backstage was the best look

8. dee April 4, 2011 at 16:09 #

I don’t like this at all.

9. Laura April 4, 2011 at 16:31 #

Love the color, and that’s it. Wrong fabric, too drapey, weighing her down, bad embellishments. It kinda looks like a bad art project.

10. Sharon April 4, 2011 at 16:58 #

I didn’t get to see the whole show last night, so didn’t see Carrie in this dress. I think it looks like a too-big purple dress with a cowboy belt and holsters. But I was sure I saw her sitting in the auience in a stunning green strapless sequined gown with a killer diamond bracelet. Was I hallucinating or was that someone else/

11. Ilana April 4, 2011 at 18:19 #

Yeah she wore a shorter green dress after her performance.

12. Kathy July 26, 2012 at 08:43 #

Looks much, much better on the model. Carrie isn’t tall enough to pull the dress off, and I would’ve liked her hair much better pulled up.