03.04.11

Taylor Momsen – 2011 Nickelodeon Kids’ Choice Awards

*Eyeroll* Award
Does anyone else find it ironic that ‘rock chick’ Taylor Momsen was at the 2011 Nickelodeon Kids’ Choice Awards?

Isn’t this type of award show everything she’s totally against?

I don’t think her real rock stars like Courtney Love would attend such an event.

The ‘Gossip Girl’ actress gives her best ‘bad ass’ look with her typical garb including fish net tights, leather jacket, raccoon make-up and tacky extensions.

Credit: Fame Pictures

Best Dressed Of The Week - Dita von Teese In Jenny Packham

Best Dressed Of The Week – Dita von Teese In Jenny Packham

In Jennifer Lawrence's Closet - Proenza Schouler Strapless Dress

In Jennifer Lawrence’s Closet – Proenza Schouler Strapless Dress

36 Responses to Taylor Momsen – 2011 Nickelodeon Kids’ Choice Awards

1. Terry April 3, 2011 at 10:49 #

I’ve got nothing against her outfit (it’s bland, but it’s not that bad), but that Rapunzel hair and dog collar are actually disturbing and tacky.

2. Stardoll TesselsFashions April 3, 2011 at 10:52 #

I like her, and she’s kind of a kid, so I guess it’s not that weird that she’s there. Actually, it’s kinda weird you post a whole thing about her being there.

• Fashion Critic April 3, 2011 at 11:10 #

Really??? Why is it so weird? She’s on the red carpet and this is a red carpet blog. So what is so weird about that?

Aren’t I allow to write my opinion? I did mention what she’s wearing.

*well and truly baffled*

• CreoleLady April 3, 2011 at 12:06 #

Love this award. She looks like she’s 30 y.o. and not in good way. I wonder if she has anything going on since being dropped from Gossip Girls and the Madonna Material Girl campaign. No need for an answer – I’m not that interested.

• Fashion Critic April 3, 2011 at 12:08 #

I didn’t know she was dropped from Gossip Girl, although it makes a lot of sense.

• CreoleLady April 3, 2011 at 13:06 #

I’m wrong. Momsen is still under contract for the Gossip Girls per post at the LA Times’ entertainment blog last Nov (although her character doesn’t apparently fit into the show’s story arc at the moment). My mistake. I better stick to commenting on looks than on careers.

• Fashion Critic April 3, 2011 at 13:14 #

lol…no worries

3. Letícia April 3, 2011 at 11:09 #

Gross. So totally gross.

4. Charlotte April 3, 2011 at 11:16 #

I actually really like this look. Those hair extensions are lovely. This girl is such a role model…

….I couldn’t even type that with a straight face!

• Charlotte April 3, 2011 at 11:19 #

I’m 16 and I really don’t like this girl..

Ever since her disgustingly cocky interview in teen vogue, I find it difficult to even remotely like anything she wears.

• sean April 9, 2011 at 07:23 #

well, i dont care if you dont like taylor.. everybody has a different opinion.. Taylor is great and she just do what she are.

5. Hannah April 3, 2011 at 12:09 #

To be fair, gossip girl is the kind of thing that she is totally against, so her famehungry ways don’t really surprise me. This look is absolutely hideous aswell.

6. Cara April 3, 2011 at 12:10 #

we have to give this girl some credit for actually wearing clothes! she normally sports the “street walker” look

shes showing no stomach, no legs, no boobs…

but her hair is revolting! does she realise that those hair extensions look so fake! surely she has someone in her life that could tell her to loose them!

but who can look past that creepy dog collar! shes bloody 17! just plain scary

• mari April 3, 2011 at 15:34 #

ITA with you, and she’s wearing pants!

fake rockstar wannabe… they say he has a nicevouce, but I haven’t othered to check if it is rue, I can’s get past her pretentious image.

• mari April 3, 2011 at 15:35 #

OMG sorry, the keyboard (and laptop mouse pad) pay trick on me..I meant voice….. and Bothered

7. Henrique April 3, 2011 at 12:23 #

WOW… she’s wearing pants

8. olivia April 3, 2011 at 12:24 #

I swear I’m gonna send her a package with scissors and make-up remover! If she didn’t have these tacky extension, the hideous make-up, and those terrible shoes with the net tights, and the dog collar, she would look like a nomral 17 year old. But this here, is really scary! If I get near her I’m gonna atack her and make her look like a 17 y.o. again

9. Calum April 3, 2011 at 12:29 #

FC you are totally entitled to your opinion! (which i completely agree with i have to say) that is why we all read your amazing blog :) .. makes no sense that you wouldn’t be allowed too

• Fashion Critic April 3, 2011 at 12:34 #

thanks you Calum. I like to write what I feel. x

10. gragriP. April 3, 2011 at 15:29 #

I think I’m gonna throw up…I don’t understand why this girl think she needs all of that d to be “rock” and “alternative” it’s such a clichè!! go home and wash you face and cut your hair. jeez

11. moja31 April 3, 2011 at 16:22 #

i’m just glad she saw fit to wear pants.

12. niya April 3, 2011 at 16:49 #

I am super impressed at this look – this is the most cothes she’s worn to an event in as long as I can remember. at least she thought of the kids…a little. either that or someone kidnapped her and forced her into something moderately appropriate. too bad they couldn’t wash her face and lop off about 3 feet of her hair.

13. molly April 3, 2011 at 18:52 #

The outfit is actually good for her. I would like it if she lost the necklace, shoes, and raccoon eyes. Raccoon eyes really make girls look like they dont know how to put on makeup. Its terrible.

14. TinaCZ April 3, 2011 at 20:10 #

At least we dont have to look at her underwear.

15. Giuseppi Giraffe April 3, 2011 at 23:30 #

Hey! She’s got pants on!

16. KateS April 4, 2011 at 01:11 #

Wow, this girl really knows how to make a mess of her very nice genetics. Outfit is unflattering, but while she gets a pass for wearing pants for a change, surely, surely she cannot think that hair is good?
    I know lots of teenagers like skanky, trashy types of fashion, but if a high-profile teenager chooses to wear it on the RC, I think it’s open to public comment, and this look is not good.

17. YY April 4, 2011 at 02:37 #

She is such a waste of space.

18. Emi April 4, 2011 at 07:12 #

I think she wants so much to prove that she’s a tough rock’n’roll girl that she’s become a bit grotesque. Those extensions are terrible… the make up, too, as usual. Maybe someday she’ll get out of this stage, she’s so young… one day she will wake up and instead of trying to stand out among girls of her age she will realize that she can do it without looking like the bad-dressed daughter of Morticia Addams… It’s about personality, not gothic look!

19. AL GIGA April 4, 2011 at 08:05 #

fashion police arrest this girl!!!!!!!!
    the hair extensions are so bad!!!!! looks like she just wrapped them around her neck!!!!!! she looks like elvira!!!!!!!

20. Ayesha April 4, 2011 at 09:55 #

i’m just curious why do you continue to feature her on your blog….i’m not being mean i’m just really really surprised because she always wears very similar and disgusting looking clothes..she’s so boring!

• Fashion Critic April 4, 2011 at 10:08 #

Simply because I want to. As this is my blog, I am free to write about whomever I wish.

21. Jones19 April 4, 2011 at 14:07 #

I cannot believe she’s wearing pants! What is happening to the world?

22. Carolina April 4, 2011 at 17:39 #

I like her. Her music is surprisingly good.

23. robbie April 4, 2011 at 18:26 #

oh this girl makes me laugh, she is the female version of adam lambert tries way toooooo hard to be seen as a rock star when infact they are a cheesy pop star at best.

but after seeing what she wears most of thbe time, corsets, stripper heels and stockings im just glad she is clothed,

• sean April 9, 2011 at 07:26 #

I agree with you.. she’s nice even though shes weird. and i love her

24. pottermore April 16, 2012 at 02:32 #

why can’t she go back to the innocent girl she was? Like Little J on Gossip Girl