03.04.11

Miley Cyrus In Dolce & Gabbana – 2011 Nickelodeon Kids’ Choice Awards

Most Improved Award
After the Grammy Awards, Miley Cyrus’ look at the 2011 Nickelodeon Kids’ Choice Awards should be considered ‘Most Improved.’

The singer opted for a beachy Dolce & Gabbana gown on this occasion, which she teamed with layered necklaces.

Everything seems to be working well with this look. I can’t find a single fault.

She’s hit and miss on the red carpet. But this time she’s a rare hit.

Credit: Fame Pictures

Victoria Justice In THEIA - 2011 Nickelodeon Kids' Choice Awards

Victoria Justice In THEIA – 2011 Nickelodeon Kids’ Choice Awards

Heidi Klum In Gucci - 2011 Nickelodeon Kids' Choice Awards

Heidi Klum In Gucci – 2011 Nickelodeon Kids’ Choice Awards

24 Responses to Miley Cyrus In Dolce & Gabbana – 2011 Nickelodeon Kids’ Choice Awards

1. jennifer April 3, 2011 at 12:49 #

I think she looks great. People always say that she rarely looks great but looking through her tag here, most of her recent looks are positive. I particularly like here how it isn’t overdone with accessories because she does that often.

2. Christina April 3, 2011 at 13:41 #

To be fairly honest, I’ve never understood the hatred towards a young girl like Miley (speaking of previous posts about her). Sure, she may be bratty and she may have the same syndrome as Taylor Momsen with dressing against everyone within fashion and common sense’s taste, but she’s just a kid. I cannot find myself to understand how grown women such as not only yourself (and I actually adore your blog, you have amazing taste and I’ve been following you for ages), but in general around the world, can bring themselves to put down a kid for not doing things by the book, that you prefer. Even if that kid has chosen to be in the media, itself. It’s very immature in my eyes. Hopefully you won’t take this as bashing, as it’s merely an observation and personal opinion.

As for this look, I’m happy she’s decided to be a little demure and that you actually give her credit for it.

• Fashion Critic April 3, 2011 at 14:45 #

Not at all, you are entitled to your opinion like I am entitled to mine.

It will not stop me from saying what I want when I want on my blog.

That’s why I started it and I will contnue to so undetered and uncensored.

• Lilflowa April 3, 2011 at 15:17 #

I agree Christina. Not talking about this blog but alot of people judge Miley from her personal life and not with a fresh eye on the carpet.

I have a feeling if she wore what Selena did it would be labelled “trashy” for some reason or another.

I think she looks great here, young, fresh, cute. But then again i generally like her style and the fact she doesnt conform to please others.

She is by no means in the same league as Momsen in terms of trashy dressing.

She’s just a kid experimenting…only its in the public eye.

3. Catriona April 3, 2011 at 14:39 #

I love her dress.

I wish she’d cut a few inches of her extensions. They’re just a bit too long.

• Alina April 3, 2011 at 16:49 #

Ditto.

4. Hisadora April 3, 2011 at 14:55 #

Finally she looks really awesome on the red carpet, super cute look for her!

5. gragriP. April 3, 2011 at 15:04 #

This dress is not one of my favourite but she looks ok but I don’t like her hair…this extension are too long…always this exstension…

6. Laura April 3, 2011 at 16:38 #

I’ve never loved Miley’s look, but credit where credit’s due, I like this. Not many can get away with a long gown at an event like this. But it’s the right gown and the right person. Not an easy print to pull off but I like it on Miley.

7. Rach April 3, 2011 at 16:52 #

This is the freshest Miley has looked in ages – and it suits her.

8. From Russia With Love April 3, 2011 at 17:15 #

Best dressed!

9. Emi April 3, 2011 at 17:18 #

Honestly, the train of the dress is a bit too much, for the event. Said that, since we’re talking about fashion it’s obvious that most of the times we criticize her, since her style is objectively tacky 99,99% of the times. I consider her the new Britney Spears. She has a very young public but she behaves like her public was made by the readers of Playboy.

10. DivaMom April 3, 2011 at 17:57 #

Too dressy for this venue.

11. Sonia April 3, 2011 at 18:32 #

I really don’t understand this “rare hit” comment. Looking through all the posts tagged as Miley Cyrus on your site, I find that her outfits look nice almost 80% of the time (and you mention that she looks nice) and its only like 20% of the time when you say she looks bad, yet whenever you feature another young celebrity, you always bash Miley in the process even though most of the time she looks fine on the red carpet. I mean, if this was like Taylor Momsen when she’s being bashed almost 95% of the time, I could understand, but the Miley-related posts on this website actually show her looking good (and you saying that she looks good) so I fail to see the need of that “rare hit” comment.

• Fashion Critic April 3, 2011 at 18:37 #

Right..erm…OK

I stand by my opinion that is a rare hit.

12. Karissa April 3, 2011 at 18:33 #

her extensions are ridiculously long. but besides that this should be best dressed. love it.

13. MichelleTina April 3, 2011 at 23:29 #

I like this dress, but for some reason she always seems overdressed at the KCAs. And the extensions almost always ruin her looks in my opinion.

FC I agree with your and other’s criticism of Miley. This child clearly has a sense of entitlement that no one in her life cares to change. Her fashion choices are often just plain obnoxious because she’s just plain obnoxious.

14. KateS April 4, 2011 at 01:01 #

Better. Definitely better, although it will never be good until she removes those ratty extensions.
    In response to those who say ‘but nearly every time she’s featured on this site she looks good’, I think that’s because FC’s focus is generally on people looking good or close to good on the RC. Many of Miley’s (frequent) really terrible choices have been ignored here.

• Fashion Critic April 4, 2011 at 07:20 #

Dear KateS,

Thank you.

You get it. You totally get what I’m doing here.

Best FC x

15. Alicat April 4, 2011 at 03:21 #

A light, pretty dress which really suits her. The extensions are too long and she could probably do without the train, but she looks great regardless – and she is just a kid…

16. Dirk April 4, 2011 at 03:24 #

She looks fantastic. The hair color and the dress go ver well together. Most definitely a hit.

I’m not understand the whole FC and MC thing going on here. When MC makes a comment about Miley (and pretty much anybody she features on the site), it’s usually warranted and not out of bias (well maybe not in the case of Blake ‘Really, FC?’ Lively..lol)

Let’s be honest, Miley used to trash it up sometimes. It doesn’t matter about her age. I think she knows she’s in the public eye and she dresses how she wants to be portrayed. If that happens to be inappropriate for her age, do you just ignore and say ‘Oh, that Miley!’? Plus, we never hear words like ‘slutty’ or ‘whoreish’ attributed to her like some other sites, now do we?

• Fashion Critic April 4, 2011 at 07:16 #

Thank you.

I will only accept that I’m bias when it comes to Blake, but I never liked her Westwood get up and Cate Blanchett, but she’s perfect anyway

17. FelipeA April 4, 2011 at 04:27 #

The train and the necklaces are completelly unnecessary, and her extensions are way too long, but i have to admit that she does look uncharacteristically great. I wonder if she just changed stylist or actually saw pictures of how she looked before and started making an effort.

18. Sara April 4, 2011 at 16:22 #

I love the dress and make-up, but the hair extensions just ruin the look for me. It just weighs it down.