Menu

Blake Lively In Carven – WonderCon 2011

Blake Lively attended WonderCon 2011 yesterday, which is being held at the Moscone Center South in San Francisco, California.

When I saw her in this Carven open-front dress from the Spring 2011 collection I did chuckle.

I laughed because I know this will be yet another love it or hate it look.

I personally think she’s having a lot of fun with fashion, and that’s clearly showcased with this look.

She added a white bustier to her midnight-blue and black crepe open-front dress.

The dress has accentuated padded shoulders, short sleeves and a puffy skirt.

On this occasion I do love her two tone ankle strap Christian Louboutin Très Décolleté pumps, but I don’t love her hair as it looks really messy.

I’ve asked before, and I’m sure when it comes to Blake I will ask again.

Do you love it or hate it?

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Who Was Your Best Dressed This Week?

Who Was Your Best Dressed This Week?

James Goldstein @ Mercedes-Benz Russia Fashion Week

James Goldstein @ Mercedes-Benz Russia Fashion Week

57 Responses to Blake Lively In Carven – WonderCon 2011

1. Tania April 3, 2011 at 17:24 #

Love it!

2. Emi April 3, 2011 at 09:39 #

She looks like a sexy and a bit tacky Tyrolese. I don’t like the make up and the white corset. I read an article about her, maybe written by her publicist and not a real journalist, which said that she has perfect natural features, a perfect nose (?) and small breast, a classic face… What??????

3. Zineb April 3, 2011 at 09:11 #

I think it’s a cool look but she could’ve done much better

4. Can April 3, 2011 at 01:01 #

I finally figured out recently why I’ve never been as enamoured with Blake Lively as I feel I’m expected to be: she reminds me of a really skinny Britney Spears – with better legs.

I agree that fun should be had with fashion, and yet I’m unmoved by this look. I do like the red shoes with it and I get what they might have been shooting for but it just doesn’t work for me, on her, personally.

Might be because I never get any sense of personality from her (probably because I don’t know much about her – and I’ve never watched Gossip Girl).

Don’t like how she’s worn her hair with it either. I don’t feel that she’s found a style individual to her yet, just that she’s worn a LOT of stylish clothes.

5. mochababe73 April 2, 2011 at 23:36 #

I love the shoes.
    I love the dress.
    I don’t like Blake in it. In my opinion, the dress doesn’t fit well in the bust area.

6. Amber April 2, 2011 at 23:32 #

Look, up there in the sky! It’s Boobs Legsly to the rescue!

7. Nikki April 2, 2011 at 23:10 #

Even until now I think Blake Lively is confused when it comes to her fashion identity. I feel that she’s trying too hard to be a fashionista and be a sexy bombshell or something. For me being sexy doesn’t mean having a great body (because Blake does), but she flaunts too much skin and her pose is awful. She’s not classy at all and it really frustrates me because I know she could do much better. I don’t care of she has all the access to the designer clothes and shoes but if she doesn’t know how to put them together and have the right posture then it’s all for nothing.

Ok, now for the positives. I love her shoes and I actually like the outfit. Needs improvement on her hair and makeup.

8. 2724 April 2, 2011 at 21:25 #

Here FC. I’ve found the exact same outfit online at a remarkable price.

No need to thank me. I do this.

9. misschatty April 2, 2011 at 21:23 #

I love this look. I think had the hair or make-up been “perfect” looking, it would have taken away from the fun of this look. This dress shouldn’t be paired with long, curled hair.

She looks very cute which is what she was aiming for anyways so a win in my book

10. carine April 2, 2011 at 20:11 #

i am not a fan. i find it funny she jumped on the carven wagon.

11. ShoeGal April 2, 2011 at 19:38 #

I like this dress but she is just so not a Carven girl. She has slutted it up to much for me. The boobs,messy hair,and bad makeup are all just fighting against the dress for me.

12. Linda April 2, 2011 at 18:45 #

Love it.

13. Emma April 2, 2011 at 18:45 #

Hate it. This type of look doesn’t suit her.

Has anyone else noticied that everytime Blake wears an edgier brand Leighton Meester has worn it months before?

14. Hannah April 2, 2011 at 18:41 #

Again, I don’t like it. I am all about fun with fashion, but I cannto see thsi as fun. It seems to, I know it isn’t, be a mockery of some sort. I HATE her hair, I hate hate HATE the lipstick on her, I think she cannto really pull off red lipstick all that well, personally. My real problems though are with the outfit. The bustier is WAY too tight, in other photos you can see the much smaller cup sized and her boobs spilling over the edges and sides. Whether this was done on purpose to either make her look at her boobs or notice the gratuitous size of them, neither of which would shock me from her, or if this was a genuine lack of fit, it is not acceptable to me. I really don’t like the shoes with this look, they really bring it down for me, and the issues with the taffeta are annoying. In short, she managed to drain this look of any level of chic it had in the “runway” photos.

15. Talita April 2, 2011 at 18:39 #

I hate it!

16. molly April 2, 2011 at 18:31 #

I hate it. It wouldnt be so bad if the skirt fell straight down, and didnt have pockets. I hate the shoes with this. She needs a higher pair of pumps. And the makeup are terrible. It makes her look like a clown. I guess I like the jumpsuit, just not on her. It needs to be worn by someone with a personality.

17. Jen April 2, 2011 at 18:05 #

kooky, but I like it on her.

18. Matt April 2, 2011 at 17:52 #

She just loves showing off that Cleavage at Comic Con. It almost feels like she didn’t go home from last year’s Comic Con, Same hair, added red lipstick, and another dress that shows off the bust.

19. Susana Yamaguchi April 2, 2011 at 17:28 #

I really love it!! The dress, the shoes and the make-up!

20. Eadaoin April 2, 2011 at 17:05 #

LOVE it! Fun, sexy and not too try hard, for once Blake gets her shoes right! and I like the hair too

21. lee April 2, 2011 at 16:33 #

love it. fashion should be fun and should have no rules.

22. snow April 2, 2011 at 16:29 #

the fanboys certainly loved the look, but liked the comic-con one better for obvious reasons. she’s certaintly doing her best to sway their opinion.

23. justme April 2, 2011 at 16:22 #

I love the shoes and that’s about it. The hair is messy, so is the make-up, the bustier is ill-fitting at best and the model carried the dress better.
    But someway, somehow, this will end up on the BDOTW list. I’ll be in my corner silently juding lol.

• Fashion Critic April 2, 2011 at 16:35 #

There’s a lot of love for this look 😉

24. DivaMom April 2, 2011 at 15:53 #

Agreed, completely!

25. TinaCZ April 2, 2011 at 15:14 #

I adore the dress, but not so much the shoes.

26. Jennifer L April 2, 2011 at 15:12 #

Personally I am NOT a Blake fashion fan, I’m never fully sold on her try-hard looks. But I LOVE this. Best she’s looked in a while. It’s cute and a little bit sexy and her make-up has the right amount of retro.

27. Estranged April 2, 2011 at 14:59 #

I love it. It’s fun, interesting and event-appropriate.

28. gragriP. April 2, 2011 at 14:43 #

I love this dress it’s so fun and fresh.
    I totally agree with you guys about the make up..the red lips are a little bit too much but the dress is lovely

29. Sasha April 2, 2011 at 14:43 #

I LOVE the shoes so much

30. LO April 2, 2011 at 14:20 #

LOVE IT! I am not a Blake lover or hater, but it is a refreshing change from a tight mini. Still showcases her best asset, but yet is sassy & fun, and also not suction cupped to her ass.

31. june April 2, 2011 at 14:07 #

i would have been on board with this if she had better hair. it looks so… lacklustre with her hair, and normally blake has great hair

32. fashionlover April 2, 2011 at 14:05 #

i always gasp evrytime i see blake on your blog.
    she always gives us something to talk about. she’s definitely having fun. but i kindda like this look. or maybe it’s just my obsession with her.

33. Helen Oakes April 2, 2011 at 13:37 #

love it!

34. Michelle April 2, 2011 at 13:24 #

The make-up is a bit too much and I wish she did something with her hair. I love this look from the neck down

35. LemonPi April 2, 2011 at 12:51 #

Hate it. She looks like she’s had the same wardrobe malfunction as Judy Finnegan at the 2001 National TV Awards.

36. Hisadora April 2, 2011 at 12:49 #

She looks amazing!!! I’m super glad she’s having fun on the red carpet again! The dress is totally cute and the shoes work perfectly here.

37. shubby doo April 2, 2011 at 12:33 #

Love everything but the bustier and the hair. it’s definitely and fun look. good for blake for doing her 🙂

38. issy April 2, 2011 at 11:53 #

LOVE! With legs like Blake’s, I can’t help but love it!

39. Cara April 2, 2011 at 11:45 #

love it!

40. bas April 2, 2011 at 11:44 #

love it!

41. Lauren April 2, 2011 at 11:37 #

LOVE

42. Naomi April 2, 2011 at 11:35 #

This is a bit too dolled up for me, especially with the red shoes. I wish she’d done something with the hair and make-up to make this look more cool and chic.

43. M April 2, 2011 at 11:32 #

love it… fun young n fresh….

44. Man_utd_fan April 2, 2011 at 11:29 #

Hate it

45. bb April 2, 2011 at 11:24 #

It’s OK to me. Nothing to write home about

But it’s way better than the red Marchesa

46. camelias April 2, 2011 at 11:17 #

I love it, first BOTW contender for me!

47. Zoi April 2, 2011 at 11:09 #

Loooove the look!
    Fresh and fun!
    She looks amazing!
    The shoes work too!
    I think i love the hair but not the make up!

48. Thomas Chiu April 2, 2011 at 10:52 #

Super fun and fresh look…shame about the hair and makeup. Too heavy for such a fun look!

49. MatteaAM April 2, 2011 at 10:44 #

What’s to hate? The girl looks a-freakin’-mazing.
    and she looks like she’s having fun, which is always a huge plus.
    Love. It.
    xx

50. Hermione Weasley April 2, 2011 at 10:35 #

I really like the dress, but the make-up seems a bit too heavy for my tastes.