Who Wore L’Wren Scott Better? Jennifer Lawrence or L’Wren Scott

One of the breakout stars of Awards Season, Jennifer Lawrence, opted to wear a piL’Wren Scott peach and gold ombre sequin dress from the Spring 2011 collection to the 2011 Critics’ Choice Movie Awards in LA back in January.

With her hair styled into a classy updo, the young actress wore her dress with a gold box clutch and nude Jimmy Choo ‘Lance’ strappy heels.

I find it really strange that the designer didn’t let the dust settle on this dress, as L’Wren Scott opted to wear the same dress as a client just over a month later to the Vanity Fair Oscar Party during awards season.

As a designer and a stylist, I also find it very strange that she totally over accessorized this look.

Jennifer’s simple approach is much preferred so she wins for me.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

In Brooklyn Decker's Closet - Dolce & Gabbana Strapless Floral Dress

In Brooklyn Decker’s Closet – Dolce & Gabbana Strapless Floral Dress

Victoria Beckham Fall 2011

Victoria Beckham Fall 2011

17 Responses to Who Wore L’Wren Scott Better? Jennifer Lawrence or L’Wren Scott

1. Becca April 1, 2011 at 10:26 #

Maybe L’Wren felt the client did not bring out the expected oomph of the dress so she had to do it herself lol :-) That said, the dress looks similar on the runway model as it does on the designer but on Jennifer Lawrence it looks like something different entirely, almost matronly. I prefer it on the L’wren and the model.

2. Karen April 1, 2011 at 10:37 #

I prefer this on L’Wren as well. On Jennifer the length of the dress makes it super matronly and also hides the ombre on the bottom of the dress. L’Wren having it shortened brings out the ombre effect. Plus, I personally love how L’Wren accessorized her look. Jennifer, simply put, looks boring and makes the dress look even worse.

3. rebecca o April 1, 2011 at 10:40 #

L’Wren Scott looks better by far. It looks sexier on her and it’s the right length. Jennifer is too young for the dress.

4. Vidhya April 1, 2011 at 10:45 #

u’re right.. L’wren is way too accessorized.. the necklace is just funny.. bangles and a bright yellow clutch?? wat was she thinking… take some lessons frm donatella..

5. Lee Ann April 1, 2011 at 11:22 #

I think L’wren Scott and the model from the neckdown work the dress far better. I think her diamond cuffs are perfect but she did not need the necklace.

6. Alexandra April 1, 2011 at 11:41 #

I prefer Jennifer’s styling but L’Wren’s body is banging in that dress. WOW!

7. Luis April 1, 2011 at 12:24 #

I’m sorry but every time i see someone wearing L’Wren Scott i don’t like.

8. Jones19 April 1, 2011 at 12:56 #

Jennifer’s styling is much better but L’wren’s shortened version of the dress looks so much better.

9. Leti April 1, 2011 at 14:04 #

Although the necklace is entirely unnecessary, I prefer the length at which L’Wren Scott wore the dress, as well as her shoes. I also agree with the comment about Ms. Scott giving the dress more oomph.

10. ber April 1, 2011 at 14:18 #

Even though I don ‘t like the necklace, it looks better on L’wren. She has the height to pull it off.

11. omy April 1, 2011 at 15:03 #

what i don’t get is why is it that the dress looks ill-fitting on the designer. it looks like its too tight and its bunching up. she should know better

12. dee April 1, 2011 at 17:06 #

I like this better on Jennifer and I like the simplier styling she did.

13. cammie April 1, 2011 at 19:40 #

if Jennifer had shortened the dress, I would have liked it better on her – simple styling and softer curves. L’Wren’s boobs are about to squeeze out the top.

14. Fiona April 2, 2011 at 01:38 #

I know most female designers design things they like themselves (DVF, Carolina Herrera) but L’Wren Scott seems to totally design just for her bodyshape and her idealised silhouette. I don’t really like her in this dress as it is too small on the top, but the length is better on her.

15. Emi April 2, 2011 at 08:26 #

Jennifer for the styling, even if I prefer L’Wren’s length, but the necklace really bothers me.

16. pipsqueak April 2, 2011 at 15:28 #

L’Wren looks like a drag queen. Maybe this visual effect came partially from over-accessorizing, over-accentuated boobs, and unnaturally dark hair. I prefer Jennifer’s styling, even though the length of the dress could’ve been shorter.

17. Sharon March 19, 2014 at 05:00 #

L’Wren is just plain beautiful in this dress because she is so beautiful. Jennifer is beautiful, too, but she doesn’t have the body like L’Wren.