01.04.11 Press Preview

Victoria Beckham Fall 2011

On Wednesday I also saw Victoria Beckham’s Fall 2011 dress, denim and sunglasses collection during the press day.

Victoria’s Fall 2010 is still my favourite collection of the six she’s produced so far, but this Fall 2011 collection runs a very close second.

I loved the loose silhouettes which makes many of the pieces more wearable for those – like me – who don’t attend fabulous cocktail parties every week.

If I’m going to spend money a VB look I would like to wear it more than once, and this collection will allow me to do that.

I loved the mixing of rich colours from the mustard yellows, burgundy’s, khaki, stone and reds.

From my pictures you will see that a few looks weren’t shown during the presentation like the two tone A-line dress and the black and white embellished gowns.

Those of you – like Katherine Jenkins – who love VBs body conscious dresses, you’ll be pleased to see two classic strapless VB fitted dresses within the mix for Fall. One of the tweed dresses has a beautiful silver metallic finish.

An interesting fact from this collection is that it holds the 100th dress made by VB.

It’s the yellow wrap dress above, which also comes in a khaki colour which I saw on the day. I’m sure many didn’t think VB would have a second season let alone make 100 dresses. But VB is used to proving people wrong.

I don’t think I’ve seen so many sunglasses in one place. Not even in the Sunglasses Hunt.

For a woman who’s hardly seen without sunglasses, it’s not surprising she produced such an extensive collection. New additions include rose gold and platinum shades. The collection also showcased fun colourful frames plus Victoria’s favourite butterfly glasses, which sell out the second they hit Net-A-Porter.

The denim’s have come a long way from their earlier ‘dvb’ days. They came in a variety of colours, lengths and washes with zippers as accents.

Favourites: Cashmere knot fitted dress, Cap sleeve pleat mini dress and the Halterneck pleat skirt dress

Who I See Wearing This Collection: Helen Mirren, Demi Moore, Kelly Ripa, Katherine Jenkins, Cameron Diaz, Zoe Saldana, Susan Sarandon, Rachel McAdams, Nicole Kidman, Rebecca Hall, Leighton Meester and Olga Kurylenko

[nggallery id=731]

McQ Alexander McQueen Fall 2012 Press Preview

McQ Alexander McQueen Fall 2012 Press Preview

Brooklyn Decker In Victoria Beckham - 2011 Academy Of Country Music Awards

Brooklyn Decker In Victoria Beckham – 2011 Academy Of Country Music Awards

16 Responses to Victoria Beckham Fall 2011

1. alannah April 1, 2011 at 11:14 #

im so happy for you that youve finally gotten to go to something VB fashion related.. lets hope next season you can go to one of her presentations!!
    was it really exciting seeing these pieces up close & actually getting to touch them? i love your shots.. they’re much better than the ones on style.com cos they’re so much closer, you can see the detail way better. they look like they’re made with lots of precision & detail?x

• Fashion Critic April 1, 2011 at 11:29 #

the details are amazing. That’s what fascinates me about her work.

Fingers crossed for Spring 2012

2. Lee Ann April 1, 2011 at 11:18 #

i think this is my favourite collection since it is more measured then her previous collections and shows her maturing as a designer. i will be buying the blue dress on the right-now I just have to find the right occassion to wear it to.

• Fashion Critic April 1, 2011 at 11:28 #

that gorgeous dress also came in burgundy.

• mol April 1, 2011 at 17:33 #

This is my favorite collection of hers as well and I envy your purchase of the blue dress on the right as it is the one I would like to own!

3. RG April 1, 2011 at 15:43 #

Finally! Thanks FC! :-)

4. RG April 1, 2011 at 15:46 #

Btw, were you able to get some free stuff from VB? Like sunglasses or a free dress for this press day? :-)

• Fashion Critic April 1, 2011 at 16:10 #

A pair of cropped jeans x

• RG April 1, 2011 at 18:37 #

Now, it’s time for you to be featured on Who Wore It Best. :-) Let us see the pic of you wearing the cropped jeans. :-)

5. Hannah April 1, 2011 at 18:48 #

I so much prefer this to her last one, which was frankly insuffrable to look through, I don’t actually think I ever finished looking at every look. I adore the rich colours she uses, and I really hope to see Jennifer Aniston in one of the khaki pieces, the gown even, maybe, because that colour would be insane on her, so would the burgundy. I also can really see Michelle Obama in the dress ont eh far right, in blue or burgundy. Thsi collection is gorgeous, adn she may have proved she can design, but I really hoep she proves she cna design for Summer too, as the last show did not wuite prove that, and I don’t think I can wait until the fall fashion weeks for her next good collection! Fingers crossed.

6. adrien April 1, 2011 at 19:37 #

This is FABULOUS!!

7. k April 1, 2011 at 20:57 #

HUT

8. Emi April 2, 2011 at 08:24 #

I see some Ray-Ban’s imitations among the sunglasses. I insist that her collections don’t worth the money. A dress cost 2.000 and she earns 1.900. Trust me.

9. pipsqueak April 2, 2011 at 15:23 #

I still think VB’s collection is all hype though they are very wearable. But I want to give VB credit for giving British fashion more visibility than many British celebrities and fashion editors. I also think this blog does so more than the fashion editors. At least that’s my outsider’s POV.

10. mochababe73 April 2, 2011 at 23:50 #

I love the yellow dress.
    But just by looking at the cut of the clothing, I can tell that none of these would fit my fine, brown frame. LOL!
    All I can say is that everything is not meant for every body.

11. J April 3, 2011 at 17:51 #