Michelle Monaghan In Roksanda Ilincic – “Source Code” New York Screening

Michelle Monaghan attended a New York Screening of her new movie, “Source Code” last night with co-star Jake Gyllenhaal.

I really love her teal sleeveless Roksanda Ilincic Spring 2010 dress.

The asymmetric gathered skirt is very much Roksanda’s signature and provides an interesting detail on her dress.

Unfortunately, I’m having a problem with Michelle’s hair and make-up again.

The hair is a lot more smoothed out, but I’m still not fond of the bangs. The make-up is just too heavy for her pretty face. Less would be more in this case.

A black Jimmy Choo ‘Latoya’ clutch and Chrissie Morris ankle strap black sandals completed her look.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

James Marsden In Dolce & Gabbana - 2014 UNICEF Ball

James Marsden In Dolce & Gabbana – 2014 UNICEF Ball

Cate Blanchett For Harper's Bazaar Australia May 2011

Cate Blanchett For Harper’s Bazaar Australia May 2011

16 Responses to Michelle Monaghan In Roksanda Ilincic – “Source Code” New York Screening

1. Luis April 1, 2011 at 12:21 #

Very beautiful dress ruined by her hair and her sandals are too “strong” for the “soft” dress.

• Emi April 2, 2011 at 08:19 #

I agree with you, the dress is so beautiful, I don’t understand the choice of the shoes.

2. Jones19 April 1, 2011 at 12:55 #

It’s like she’s trying to hide her face with those bangs and heavy makeup. Love the dress and shoes but I want to see more of her pretty face.

3. Gigi April 1, 2011 at 14:03 #

Don’t like this look AT ALL! Looks all lumpy and bumpy and very unflattering to me.

• samaira April 1, 2011 at 17:20 #

Totally agree, I dont like this dress on her at all. I like how the model has the top half not very fitted but it looks all lumpy and bumpy like you said on her. I don’t like these shoes with this dress either and to make it all worse is her sloppy, shabby hair and makeup.

4. cartouche April 1, 2011 at 15:37 #

that hair isn’t the michelle we know and love :(
    with the makeup it looks like she’s sick or something..

5. maria April 1, 2011 at 16:17 #

i like the dress, great colour and i think the shoes work well. The hair and make up is not perfect but i can deal with it.

6. dee April 1, 2011 at 17:03 #

This is okay. The shoes don’t go with the dress and her bangs are too heavy,

7. Loui April 1, 2011 at 17:09 #

I don´t like the dress either it is not flattering…..

8. Hannah April 1, 2011 at 18:39 #

I hate the bangs and cannot get over how bad they make her look. Fringes are supposed to make people look younger (like Kate moss a few years ago), but she looks older, druggier and just uglier. I always thought of her as being really clean and sharp, which I LOVED, but this is just messy and heinously unflattering. I also dislike the makeup, again about the sharpness thing.
    I will, however, aplaud her bold choice of dress, and I love how this is proving that that beautiful volume, which we have seen fall flat so many times, usually by lanvin, is possible off the runway, if not more
    so!

9. Luis April 1, 2011 at 19:30 #

Omg Fc did you see Lindsey Lohan she looked pretty and actually put together for the premiere! what are you thoughts about her look?

• Fashion Critic April 1, 2011 at 20:02 #

a mess a per usual

10. ayishaa April 1, 2011 at 19:39 #

No,no,no to everything about the look. The dress, the makeup, the hair and sandals are all wrong.

11. AnderBoBo April 1, 2011 at 22:07 #

She needs to fire her stylist ASAP! Michelle is such a classically beautiful woman that all the heavy makeup and heavy hair is really detracting from her natural good looks that many women would kill for! The only thing working about this look is the color of the dress. Softer hair and makeup would do a world of wonder for her.

12. niya April 2, 2011 at 04:13 #

The colour is beautiful – but I can’t handle the hair, and not really feeling the shoes either (at least not with this dress)

13. mochababe73 April 2, 2011 at 23:46 #

I don’t like the heavy bangs.
    But, I love everything else including the shoes. The color is pretty on her.