31.03.11 Press Preview

Victoria Beckham Fall 2011 Bag Collection

Yesterday I attended the Victoria Beckham press day in London.

I was really curious to see the bag collection up close, and see if the prices are really justified.

The quality is impeccable as the Italian made collection is made from the finest leathers with attention being paid to the smallest detail.

I saw a variety of different styles including an updated ‘Victoria’ bag, plus the Travel cases and hexagonal chain bag in additional colours. These styles appear to be the signature pieces.

The collection had some new additions including iPad cases, blackberry cases, plus totes and duffel bags which didn’t have Victoria’s signature structure.

For those of you were turned off by the structured bags, this collection included a variety of bags with a softer silhouette. Slouchy cross body nomadic bags – which David Beckham has been sporting – were included in this collection so there is something for the fellas too.

I got totally sucked into this collection I have to admit.

I fell in love with the two tone mustard bags. The convertible bag which can go from a shoulder bag to a clutch is too die for, as is the ‘Victoria’ soft suede tote in the same colours.

I’m hoping they are added to Net-A-Porter.com, but I’m sure they will sell out before I can get my Amex out of my purse.

Prices for these bags start from £900 for the shoulder bags up to £8,000+ for the ‘Victoria’ crocodile bag.

[nggallery id=730]

McQ Alexander McQueen Fall 2012 Press Preview

McQ Alexander McQueen Fall 2012 Press Preview

Victoria Beckham Fall 2011

Victoria Beckham Fall 2011

21 Responses to Victoria Beckham Fall 2011 Bag Collection

1. Lee Ann March 31, 2011 at 13:59 #

I don’t know- Between YSL, Fendi, Chanel, Chloe, Prada, Hermes, Mulberry,Dior and so on , does the world need another bag collection especially one that is so derivative? Not hankering after any .

• Vicky March 31, 2011 at 14:46 #

I don’t understand your point. Would you say the same about other designers who have similar styles? Be it clothes, shoes, accessories etc. The collection seem be functional otherwise the bags wouldn’t be selling out as fast as they do now.

I say why not? For each new designer there’s always something different, in VBs case it’s the high quality materials and attention to details.
      (Which is the reason for the higher price. But then again, everything with a highly recognized designer charge high prices)
      I seriously doubt I’ll ever be the owner of anything designer made, VB or other but that doesn’t mean I want them to stop making things…

• Lee Ann March 31, 2011 at 17:02 #

My point is that these bags are not saying anything new to me design wise. But that is my view -you are welcome to yours. As someone who is lucky enough to own an extensive collection of handbags in that price range, I will not be buying any of hers because they do not fill a void in my collection .

• Pascale March 31, 2011 at 14:57 #

My point exactly.
      Especially if she wants to play in that price range. There is already a number of timeless, classics, quality proved bags if (if !) you have that kind of money to put on accessories.

2. shevelle March 31, 2011 at 14:47 #

They are lovely but if i had £1000 to spare i think i’ll buy a Chanel. FC did you get to take any home?

• Fashion Critic March 31, 2011 at 15:03 #

I wish lol

3. Ang March 31, 2011 at 14:47 #

I’m absolutely head over toes about the Victoria in burgundy colour. Do you know how much they will be selling for. The collection is Devine and if i may say so, I prefer Vicoria to birkin (even though there is no rich history behind the brand).

4. Gretta March 31, 2011 at 14:56 #

I think the problem with the collection is that none of the pieces have a strong signature look that will stand the test of time. I wouldn’t look at a VB bag and immediately recognise it as such. There’s definitely influences from the great design houses in there and nothing strikingly original.

5. Luis March 31, 2011 at 15:52 #

How about the dresses? Didn’t you see the ready to wear?

• Fashion Critic March 31, 2011 at 15:56 #

yes, but the post would have been too long so I will do that later

• RG March 31, 2011 at 16:39 #

I hope that later comes sooner. :-D

6. Matt March 31, 2011 at 16:24 #

These bags are absolutely beautiful and the quality are is impeccable and worth the price tag. However, It’s just just too expensive. I guess the folks who buy these bags already have all other designers in their closet because there is no way in hell I am going to fork over £8,000 for a Victoria beckham bag when hermes is there. Maybe 10 (other) bags later I’ll consider it.

• Lisa Villeneuve April 1, 2011 at 00:31 #

I agree. It is hard to spend so much when an Hermes or Chanel are similar in price – I am hanging out for Hermes!! I guess at least the consumer has lots of choices these days.

• bruno August 8, 2011 at 16:02 #

I think so, these days.

7. Jeremy March 31, 2011 at 17:20 #

The minute I looked at them, I instantly thought of Celine. The orange bag in the front looks a lot like Celine “Classic” one. I wonder how much it is, because the Celine costs about 2,200 pounds.

8. Jane March 31, 2011 at 20:49 #

Some very weird comments on here, like VB is forcing any of you complaining to buy her bags! There is clearly a market for her timeless designs, and if you would rather spend money on more established brands, then go ahead. I can speak from my point of view, as someone who has never ever been into Mrs. Beckham or (god forbid) Spice Girls! I ended up being the number one fan of her bag, and dress collection. So far only own one bag, (the two tone, lucky to get it from net-a-porter in time, before it sold out), and i can honestly say its money well spent. Amazing craftsmanship, no one can argue with that quality!

And now i am seeing some amazing new pieces in these photos, simply wow, drooling for real here! Right after the amazing quality of her bags, i most appreciate how “quiet” they are, none of them scream, which is ironic considering her fame et all!

Its what draws me to her bags, thanks for this wonderful update, it was a treat.

• Fashion Critic March 31, 2011 at 21:21 #

You are very welcome

9. Kin March 31, 2011 at 21:23 #

Nothing I haven’t seen before. Quality might be there but they’re a bit too old lady like even for a safe player like myself

• Cal April 1, 2011 at 06:52 #

Old lady? I’m only in my early 20′s and I like the clutch I think I can pair it with a nice dress during my evening night outs. And Victoria looks very chic carrying her own range and shes not that old.

• Kin April 1, 2011 at 21:07 #

I didn’t mean all and I’m a huge VB fan myself but in general I just wished the collection reflected something signature all in all. Victoria can pull of the dullest of things and make them look grand. Not all of us have the potential of working that.

10. mochababe73 April 3, 2011 at 00:35 #

I haven’t ever been a fan of the handbag collection. But, I like for my bags to have a little more oomph in them. These are a little staid and boring. That’s saying alot for me since I love classic shapes and silhouettes. But in my clothing not my accessories.
    Also, for me, the handbags (not shoulder bags) are just a little too impractical. The handles don’t even look as though they would fit in the crook of my arm. I can’t shop like that or wrangle my kids. Even the totes have those little handles. When most women want a tote, they want something that can be thrown over the shoulder. There’s an ease to a tote that I just don’t see in this collection.
    To each his own. The only bags that I would even think about owning are the mustard colored cross-body or a couple of the shoulder bags. But again, they are too small for my everyday life.