30.03.11

Nicki Minaj In Alexander Wang – Runway To Green Event

Nicki Minaj performed at the ‘Runway to Green’ event held at Christie’s Auction House in New York City last night.

The singer performed in a head-to-toe Alexander Wang look which included ‘Dakota’ boots, and a unique silver hand accessory which the models sported on the runway.

Usually the Nicki lets her clothes do all the talking, but the colour explosion this time came from her hair and her bright pink lips.

With the event’s title being ‘Runway to Green’ we shouldn’t be surprised to see the playful singer sporting green hair.

Credit: Style.com & INFEvent

Chloe Grace Moretz In Carven - 'The Library' Opening Night Celebration

Chloe Grace Moretz In Carven – ‘The Library’ Opening Night Celebration

Erdem vs. Topshop

Erdem vs. Topshop

12 Responses to Nicki Minaj In Alexander Wang – Runway To Green Event

1. Ethne Blist March 30, 2011 at 16:33 #

This is trashy to me. Why must female popstars sell themselves? I don’t care if she is apparently “creative” “doing her own thing”- trashy is trshy. You can be unique and creative without being trashy.

2. DivaMom March 30, 2011 at 16:42 #

Le’sigh…… Nikki Minaj is a snoozefest and a bootleg version of Lady Gaga. Nothing more to see here folks….

3. Jarrold March 30, 2011 at 16:49 #

Besides the fact that Nicki and Gaga like to express themselves through fashion they are nothing alike they are 2 different styles. Nicki still is influenced by hip-hop culture. Its not trashy its the way it is. I actually think this look is toned down from the Nicki we usually see. I love both woman and what they bring to the table musically and fashionably

• mol March 30, 2011 at 17:02 #

So well said, I only add that Nicki is photographed against the perfect backdrop for her look…..love it!

• Matt March 30, 2011 at 17:49 #

I agree 100%

• shubby doo March 30, 2011 at 17:59 #

Completely agree

4. Rebecca March 30, 2011 at 16:59 #

What a hoot!

5. Naomi March 30, 2011 at 18:03 #

This look is obviously too crazy to consider by normal fashion standards.
    However, there was definitely thought and effort put into it, and I always like it when someone seems to really have fun on the red carpet.

6. Nat39 March 30, 2011 at 18:47 #

Awful. I don’t mind a bold/unique look as long as it’s done in a way that is flattering for your body/face. The sight of her thighs is very unpleasing, and I’m pretty sure there are better more flattering ways to express the”Green” idea than this hideous thing on top of her head. Plain ugly.

7. mochababe73 March 30, 2011 at 19:50 #

I actually like it as a performance outfit. She has the crazy hair and lips while the rest of the look is subdued.

8. KateS March 31, 2011 at 00:14 #

I kind of love that she’s never met a wig that was too ridiculous for her to wear. As a stage outfit, I think this is fun, if not very chic for the RC.

9. Carolina March 31, 2011 at 19:48 #