Natalie Massenet In Alessandra Rich – Runway To Green Event

You may not be familiar with Alessandra Rich, but the fashion industry has taken notice.

Case in point Natalie Massent, Chairman and Founder of Net-A-Porter.com wore an Alessandra Rich dégradé lace-covered cotton and silk-blend gown to the ‘Runway to Green’ event in New York City last night.

Heralded as one of fashion’s future leaders, Alessandra Rich and her namesake collection are generating an insider buzz that will no doubt find her placed prominently on a red carpet soon.

Alessandra Rich founded her label in 2009 following a career as a high-end interior designer.

Having worked in her native Italy; France and London – where the label is currently based – this young designer no doubt tapped into her obvious penchant for the luxurious while creating her designs.

Lace and silk are the prominent fabric choices with pops of fluorescent and neoprene detailing adding a modern twist.

The Alessandra Rich aesthetic is filled with allusions to femininity; a new femininity to bring confidence of the look the Rich woman wants to portray, whilst doing it with grace and charm in a timeless silhouette that couples edgy sophistication.

The Alessandra Rich Spring 2011 collection is currently available on Net-A-Porter US and Net-A-Porter International.

Celebs I See Wearing This Collection: Kiera Knightley, Carrie Mulligan, Angelina Jolie, Tilda Swinton, Annete Benning and Helen Mirren

Dramatic Eyes At The Met Gala: The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

Dramatic Eyes At The Met Gala: The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

Diane Kruger In Jason Wu - Runway To Green Event

Diane Kruger In Jason Wu – Runway To Green Event

21 Responses to Natalie Massenet In Alessandra Rich – Runway To Green Event

1. Michelle March 30, 2011 at 12:03 #

Natalie looks amazing!

2. mm March 30, 2011 at 12:18 #

Thanks for the intro to this designer. I love Natalie’s look. The dresses look so easy to wear.

3. MReid March 30, 2011 at 13:17 #

These dresses are something special. Love the blush, black and yellow in particular.

4. Alina March 30, 2011 at 13:31 #

This is a BDOTW contender for me.

5. Radiant March 30, 2011 at 13:32 #

I really like the collection especially the yellow dress with the lace sleeve. Her collection looks like something a goddess would adorn herself in. I love, love!

6. Ethne Blist March 30, 2011 at 13:36 #

I love the runway version with the awesome heels but it falls flat on Natalie.

7. LizLemooooon March 30, 2011 at 13:44 #

I love Alessandra Rich’s stuff. That cape dress is gorgeous, just wonderful.

8. Hannah March 30, 2011 at 13:46 #

What a gorgeous dress! I really adore this collection and have to say this is perhaps the best I have ever seen Natalie look!

9. Suz March 30, 2011 at 14:56 #

This is some great and unique stuff. It’s been a good week for fashion, I think.

10. dee March 30, 2011 at 14:58 #

I love this look. It also fits well with the event. BDOTW contender.

11. mol March 30, 2011 at 15:33 #

I love this look on the model and thanks for the intro to an interesting collection. The grey tones at the neckline on the model have turned a much harsher black on Natalie and the sleeves are styled differently which i like less than the runway version. I think the harsh shadow and light in the pix of Natalie are affecting my feeling for how she looks.

12. ayishaa March 30, 2011 at 16:09 #

On the model the dress looks new and innovative. On Natalie it looks it looks like she is putting on a dyed potato sack with a rope tied around it. The length is not flattering and her accessories don’t add any zest to the look.

13. Rebecca March 30, 2011 at 16:16 #

I don’t like Natalie’s dress–but I like it less on the model–the banding of the colors on the skirt make the hip area of the dress look really wide–no woman wants to wear that–this dress is an interesting concept, but not inviting to wear. The yellow and black dress is a beautiful design, but I think the fabric choices make it look really cheap. The cape dress is very striking, but I am snot sure that Rich has much feel for how to fit the female form.

14. Garmai March 30, 2011 at 16:34 #

I think this was a great choice for the event. I’m sure a better lit picture would add a bit more life to how Natalie looks and the styling is different than the model. She pulls it off quite well; Alessandra Rich makes great pieces…looking forward to seeing more of her work on the red carpet!

15. asherlev1 March 30, 2011 at 20:05 #

BDOTW for me.

16. HPC March 30, 2011 at 20:32 #

Selita Ebanks wore the yellow dress with the black lace sleeve while hosting BET’s Rip the Runway earlier this month. I thought it was a beautiful piece when I saw it on television. It’s interesting to find out who the designer is and to see more of her work.

• Fashion Critic March 30, 2011 at 20:53 #

thanks. I’ll look for it now

17. mochababe73 March 30, 2011 at 22:57 #

I think that the dress blends a little too much into the background.
    The collection is not my style so I won’t comment about it.

18. Treatment28 March 31, 2011 at 00:20 #

Natalie Massent Looks Amazing!! & I Love The Collection!!

19. Amber March 31, 2011 at 00:48 #

Honestly, I’m not impressed with any of the dresses. All I see is boring trying to be edgy with the folds and ombre look.

20. Gaber March 31, 2011 at 16:29 #

I am not sure I like the dress as much as I adore the dress with the green background.
    I am in complete and utter awe at how gorgeous it looks – absolutely the perfect dress for this event.