Jena Malone In Juan Carlos Obando – “Sucker Punch” London Premiere

Despite ya’ll hating on Jena Malone’s previous Juan Carlos Obando look, she wore the designer again tonight on the red carpet for the London Premiere of her new movie, “Sucker Punch.”

She didn’t bare her midriff on this occasion, but her Juan Carlos Obando Spring 2011 printed dress does have burnt-holes on the upper and lower part of her dress.

The purple dye run dress with a dash of blue on the shoulder was styled with a cute quiff and gold strappy sandals to complete her look.

Do you see this as an improvement from her previous look or are you still not impressed?

Credit: Style.com & Fame Pictures

Emily Browning In Azzaro - "Sucker Punch" London Premiere

Emily Browning In Azzaro – “Sucker Punch” London Premiere

Jamie Chung, Vanessa Hudgens & Carla Gugino - "Sucker Punch" London Premiere

Jamie Chung, Vanessa Hudgens & Carla Gugino – “Sucker Punch” London Premiere

26 Responses to Jena Malone In Juan Carlos Obando – “Sucker Punch” London Premiere

1. Paddy M March 30, 2011 at 22:47 #

Well I loved her last Obando look, but I love this one even more! Her hair is nicer, and the dress is even better than last time.

2. jessica March 30, 2011 at 22:48 #

A big improvement. Although i think this dress looks more tailored on her than the runway which may be helping…?

3. Charlotte March 30, 2011 at 22:49 #

I think this look is better! But i’m still not loving it. It’s okay but it is a little “lady who lunch with holes in it”

there is just something about her that isn’t selling it..

but i do like the summery shoes! ;)

• Fashion Critic March 30, 2011 at 22:53 #

lol @ “ladies how lunch with holes in it”

• KateS March 30, 2011 at 23:50 #

I agree about the ‘ladies who lunch’ vibe – I think it’s the length. Usually I’m all for covering up a little, but this dress needed to be shortened to keep the edgy vibe.

4. noo March 30, 2011 at 22:50 #

i prefer it on the model, the color and overall fit of her dress are rubbing me the wrong way :S

5. Moxie March 30, 2011 at 22:50 #

I really like the dress. I don’t mind her hair, but I would have preferred something a little edgier. Her skin is looking too shiny, although that could just be the picture.

6. Hannah March 30, 2011 at 22:51 #

I didn;t like the last looktoo much, but I adore thsi one. It is so much chicer and more modern and current and original IMO. I like the hair, makeup and sandals. I wil never tire of sayign this probably, but I so much respect actresses, especially younger ones, who wear longer dresses, aka near the knee, á (accent the wrong way around :S) la Jennifer Lawrence. Bonus points to Jena for actually lengthening the dress from the runway.

7. Hisadora March 30, 2011 at 22:52 #

I love the print of the dress, she looks really gorgeous… at least she opted for amazing shoes,

8. Hermione Weasley March 30, 2011 at 22:53 #

She’s my favorite at the event along with Abbie. Gorgeous!

9. Emma March 30, 2011 at 22:58 #

this look is a huge improvement. she looks beautiful and altogether much classier than at the previous premiere.

10. Lila March 30, 2011 at 23:19 #

Jena is a newcomer on the red carpet for me and I am liking her style choices. They may not be to my personal taste but I will take her sense of adventure with fashion and lack of black pumps over safe and boring fashion choices.

11. sofia March 30, 2011 at 23:22 #

i am really digging jena’s looks. i think she is making a statement. she id edgier than the other girls..and bold. she really carries the looks. i am impressed. and although she might not be looking traditionally pretty.. i think she looks kick ass. and… i think she is kind of starting out the way chloe sevigny did.

12. EmilyBowen March 30, 2011 at 23:31 #

I love that she gives something different to the usual mob, even if her previous look didn’t quite gel with my personal taste.
    Whereas this look I can not only appreciate, I LOVE! Her figure looks fabulous in this dress, and the hues of the fabric look stunning against her skin tone. Styling is understated but perfectly complementary, I adore those sandals.
    In particular I love her hair and make-up here, the straight bob and metallic shadow she wore with her previous look was not to my liking, but she’s done a complete turn around. The quiff is quirky, cute and very flattering on her face shape. (I wish I could carry that off!)
    Overall she delivers a sophisticated silhouette which is still young, fun and individual. We need more like her about!

• PamG March 30, 2011 at 23:53 #

I completely agree!

• mol March 31, 2011 at 06:40 #

ditto! Love her vibe…

13. Amber March 30, 2011 at 23:45 #

What an improvement! I like this dress on her and the fact that she didn’t wear big clunky heels with it.

14. Nat39 March 30, 2011 at 23:47 #

I like it a lot (although not a fan of those holes) – great silhouette, love it, the color scheme, perfect shoes, hair and make-up to go with the dress.

15. Jen March 31, 2011 at 01:24 #

this is a total 180 degree improvement!

16. Luis March 31, 2011 at 04:33 #

I’m impressed.

17. shap_half March 31, 2011 at 04:54 #

I thought she looked great in both outfits. I really like this one, and I would love to see it on the BDOTW line-up. It’s edgy interesting yet still feminine

18. dee March 31, 2011 at 15:08 #

Great look.

19. DivaMom March 31, 2011 at 16:22 #

She looks beautiful. The pose is knocking me dead, too! *love*

20. GGG March 31, 2011 at 21:47 #

Jena for the win! She looks gorgeous and continues to make unique choices. Love her!

21. NineteenEightyFour April 1, 2011 at 03:46 #

I love Jenna Malone! She’s gorgeous. I prefer her make up in this premiere but both looks were fierce and a breath of fresh air.

22. mochababe73 April 3, 2011 at 00:41 #