29.03.11

Victoria Beckham’s Bag Collection @ Net-A-Porter

It took a long while for Victoria Beckham to shake off Posh Spice and become the respected fashion designer that she is today.

She blew us away with her well tailored, beautiful chic dresses which she wore and carried with a Birkin in every colour under the rainbow.

For Spring 2011 she presented a collection of bags.

The classic bags were added to Net-A-Porter last week. Some styles sold out instantly, but the online store quickly restocked their virtual shelves.

I much admit I’m surprised they are selling so well considering the price points which range from £1,700 to £8,950.

We know Victoria’s attention to detail is second to none. She wouldn’t put her name to any product she doesn’t believe in, which is why she is her own best brand ambassador.

Check out her collection of bag available on Net-A-Porter US and Net-A-Porter International.

Credit: Bauer Griffin & Fame Pictures

Victoria Beckham - Out In New York City

Victoria Beckham – Out In New York City

Katherine Jenkins In Victoria Beckham - Gorby 80 Gala At The Royal Albert Hall

Katherine Jenkins In Victoria Beckham – Gorby 80 Gala At The Royal Albert Hall

13 Responses to Victoria Beckham’s Bag Collection @ Net-A-Porter

1. RG March 29, 2011 at 16:11 #

Hey FC, did I just missed it or you didn’t post a review for VB’s A/W 2011 Collection?

• Fashion Critic March 29, 2011 at 16:25 #

going to the press day tomorrow, so I will do it then

• RG March 29, 2011 at 20:10 #

Thanks. Looking forward to it. :-)

2. Stacey March 29, 2011 at 16:12 #

Gorgeous. Can’t afford them though.

3. Ethne Blist March 29, 2011 at 16:18 #

Her bags are overpriced- they are ridiculous. Who can afford that? She is trying to get us to pay for her name . The bags are chic but not worth the prices.

• Luis Santos March 29, 2011 at 16:52 #

“Who can afford that?” A lot of people so the bags are sold out!

• Lee Ann March 29, 2011 at 19:05 #

They don’t carry a lot of stock so sold out can mean they sold 5

4. Lee Ann March 29, 2011 at 16:59 #

Firstly the expensive bags of £8000 plus are made of croc but for that price I rather buy a Kelly . I trust Hermes’s attention to detail. Victoria’s not so much.
    And if I want a chain type bag sorry I’ll stick with a 255.
    The resale value of these bags are known whilst Beckham’s are untested. For instance I bought a black Chanel 255 in 1986 for $350. I saw the exact same bag in Harvey Nichols being sold in its Vintage collection for £3000. Unfortunately my daughter took before I knew that. It is also still in wonderful condition.

5. Hannah March 29, 2011 at 18:35 #

I think the bags are gorgeous. Her whoel line is always sophisticated and chic and I adore the simplicity and timelessness that seems to run through her designs. On another topic, is it jsut me or is her hai rlooking MUCH less flawless and MUCH more stringy and straggley than it used to. I miss gorgeous perfect bob victoria!

6. Megan March 29, 2011 at 19:42 #

Way too over priced she’s charging more than hermes which IMO are way better and even if we were paying for the name a Hermes birken is streets ahead they are classics.

7. mochababe73 March 29, 2011 at 20:53 #

I found her bags to be a little too simple, minimal, and boring for my taste. But I tend to wear classic American sportswear so my bags are little bit jazzy.
    I have always thought that since she is not an established handbag designer, that her prices should have been much lower.
    But to each his own. That’s what makes the world go around.

8. karen March 30, 2011 at 06:57 #

I’m a fan of her dress line as I own a few. However, I do think her handbags are just okay for the price. Maybe because it’s a relatively new line and has not with stand the test of time yet. I just know that I’ve seen them in person and have not had the urge to buy any.

9. robbie March 30, 2011 at 18:50 #

just goes to show some people will buy anything with a name attached, these bags are not only overpriced but absolutely BUTT UGLY! who wants to carry around something that looks like a cement brick taken from the pavement????? madness utter madness.