Michelle Williams In Chanel Couture – “Meek’s Cutoff” New York Screening

Michelle Williams attended the “Meek’s Cutoff” Screening in New York City last night.

The actress opted for a Chanel Spring 2011 Couture dress.

Her lilac dress has black sequined embellishments on the sleeve and large pockets on the front of her dress.

It’s been a while since I was excited about seeing Chanel on the red carpet and this isn’t doing it for me either.

Nice, but bland and boring at the same time.

A Chanel ring and Ferragamo heels completed her look.

Credit: Style.com & INFEvent

In Alyson Hannigan's Closet - Proenza Schouler PS1 Suede Satchel

In Alyson Hannigan’s Closet – Proenza Schouler PS1 Suede Satchel

Michelle Monaghan In Versace - "Source Code" LA Premiere

Michelle Monaghan In Versace – “Source Code” LA Premiere

27 Responses to Michelle Williams In Chanel Couture – “Meek’s Cutoff” New York Screening

1. Luis March 29, 2011 at 11:03 #

You are so right. Beautiful, but plain.

2. Marlie March 29, 2011 at 11:09 #

I think she looks adorable. I really like the dress. I think she needed to add some accessories, maybe a bracelet.

• Gigi March 29, 2011 at 14:47 #

I agree, Marlie. She is a very modest dresser. Simple and plain. To me she stands out for that reason. Maybe a bracelet or even a long-ish necklace of some sort. It is plain… but that’s her look!

• Marlie March 29, 2011 at 23:21 #

I agree she is sticking to her style that is why I think she looks adorable. Yes a long-ish necklace would of looked good

3. Lee Ann March 29, 2011 at 11:26 #

If I didn’t know it was Couture I would think nice dress. In fact I bought a similiar piece in Zara for my daughter recently. But Couture?? No way.

• JJovana3 March 29, 2011 at 14:59 #

Read my mind. Chanel lately has been such a snoozer and completely NOT Chanel. Coco is rollin’ in her grave.

• Fashion Critic March 29, 2011 at 15:33 #

I couldn’t agree with you more. It only works on Diane.

The last collection was the worst…worst ever during Karl’s reign.

• Hannah March 29, 2011 at 18:57 #

The shoes, the boots in particular, made me want to cry. He still designs beautiful clothes, but it all seems too thematic nowadays, no?

4. D March 29, 2011 at 12:14 #

plain and cute with this hairstyle and makeup :) x

5. Iñaki March 29, 2011 at 12:59 #

That kind of cut of dress has kind of become her trademark look, no? I absolutely love it. She should try something new sometime, though.

x

6. Alicat March 29, 2011 at 13:14 #

She looks childlike, as if dressed in a pinafore. This is the same woman who wore that wonderful yellow Vera Wang gown at the Oscars. I prefer her dressed as a woman to the diminutive, little girl look she seems to favour of late.

• mol March 29, 2011 at 15:02 #

I agree 100%

7. CreoleLady March 29, 2011 at 13:33 #

I really like this esp compared to some of her recent looks. It skims over troublesome spots and the black pumps work with the minimalism. I have to say though that I am so over that hair color and the black eyebrows.

8. ShoeGal March 29, 2011 at 13:58 #

I feel like she is the queen of ‘blah’. All of her looks are the same-boring. I much prefer the runway look. I think the sequin pant adds a little flare and life to the look. At the same time there’s no way she could have pulled them off.

9. JJovana3 March 29, 2011 at 15:00 #

ShoeGal, I couldnt agree with you more, “Queen of Blah” is the perfect title for Michelle.

10. Ethne Blist March 29, 2011 at 15:06 #

THIS is couture? This dress is ugly and nothing to begin with. Worst dressed of the week.

11. dee March 29, 2011 at 15:18 #

She looks nice and boring.

12. guest March 29, 2011 at 18:30 #

She doesn’t look that bad, but what is up with that model?! OMG…

13. Hannah March 29, 2011 at 18:53 #

I love he dress, but it just does not look couture, at all. I like it on her, I like the slightly darker blonde hair, I like the pumps, mostly because they are at least sleek pumps, I don’t mind the ring. Most of all I am thankfull that it isn’t white, it isn’t strapless, it isn’t particularly short, nor is it a column gown, and it is not, at least, nipped in the waist. It might not be a mustard yellow oscar gown, but this is a pretty groundbreaking moment to me in terms of her red carpet dressing. It’s almost like Jennifer aniston wearing colour.

14. mochababe73 March 29, 2011 at 22:10 #

I have always found her rather boring anyway. I don’t think that I have ever even seen any of her movies.
    Most of the time, it’s all in the styling, but I don’t think that any accessory could have saved this boring dress.

15. gigi March 30, 2011 at 02:38 #

Normally i am all for a short edgy cut, but i wish she would grow her hair back out. The short hair is aging her. I must say that i hate the dress on her as well. It reminds me of a limp sack just hanging. Even the model can’t bring life to the dress

16. Alfie March 30, 2011 at 04:17 #

Only Karl can get away with calling this Haute Couture. I

17. Emi March 30, 2011 at 07:02 #

Cute but boring… and she poses like a pupil…

18. karen March 30, 2011 at 07:15 #

This dress is okay on Michelle. I’m not jumping out of my chair but it’s not ugly either. It’s just okay. Middle of the road.

19. KateS March 30, 2011 at 08:29 #

I just can’t get past the hair – the boyish crop is just such a terrible choice on her round face.
    I want to like that she’s developing a trademark style (the cropped hair and crewneck dresses in neutral colours), but I don’t think either element highlights her best features.

20. Thomas Monks March 30, 2011 at 15:58 #

for times like these is when i wish stylists would not just give a celeb a dress because it is a specific brand%Pr

21. Jones19 March 30, 2011 at 20:51 #

I’m so over Michelle’s style, always the same neckline/sleeves.