Katie Holmes In Ralph Lauren – “The Kennedys” World Premiere

Katie Holmes walked the red carpet for “The Kennedys” World Premiere which was held at The AMPAS Samuel Goldwyn Theater in Beverly Hills last night.

I bet you’re thinking that Tom Cruise wasn’t there. Well he was.

It looks like he finally got my memo, because on this rare occasion he allowed his wife to pose all by herself so we can actually get a good look at her Ralph Lauren Spring 2011 dress.

Her knitted lace pale blue dress with a flared skirt was teamed nude strappy sandals and a gold necklace with an ‘S’ (Suri) pendant to complete her look.

I don’t think I’ve ever worn this colour before, but it’s the perfect colour for Spring.

I’m loving Katie’s sassy confidence at the moment.

I hope we get to see her wearing her own Holmes & Yang collection soon, as Malin Akerman did a get good of showcasing a look last week.

Credit: Style.com & Fame Pictures

Beauty School: Falsies 101

Beauty School: Falsies 101

Victoria Beckham's Bag Collection @ Net-A-Porter

Victoria Beckham’s Bag Collection @ Net-A-Porter

27 Responses to Katie Holmes In Ralph Lauren – “The Kennedys” World Premiere

1. Ethne Blist March 29, 2011 at 15:41 #

Not BDOTW, but a good look for her. But I wish she wore a ‘I Am Playing Jackie O’ stand-out look. She should have gone all-out.

• ashley March 29, 2011 at 16:23 #

totally agree. i expected more from her

2. cindy March 29, 2011 at 15:44 #

She looks so beautiful! Have you seen that sexy look on her face? God I missed that look from her. She’s wearing a color, she has real heels, her hair and make-up is gorgeaous and she doesn’t look half dead. It’s the best she looked in a long time i think.

3. Mar March 29, 2011 at 15:55 #

At first I thought it was Alaia! She looks really beautiful – the colour looks lovely on her. On of her best looks in a while for sure.

4. fashion over reason March 29, 2011 at 15:59 #

Love the dress and the color, but she really needs to cut her hair short again. It instantly transformed her into a style icon. I just can’t take her seriously with long hair, all i can think of is that dreadful Joey Potter!

5. maria March 29, 2011 at 16:14 #

i don’t think she looks bad, but i don’t think this is a good dress for a premiere. It’s very casual and i could see somebody wearing it to go to the beach. It looks like a long tanktop or nightie.

6. D March 29, 2011 at 16:14 #

kate having a bit of a youth back

7. mol March 29, 2011 at 17:06 #

She may look a bit casual (but beautiful), but then she has Tom to contend with who looks like he just came in from cleaning the garage!

8. Moxie March 29, 2011 at 17:12 #

Nice dress, but she needs to watch how she poses. It looks like she’s hyperextended her knee.

9. dee March 29, 2011 at 18:55 #

This is nice but it looks to casual for a premiere. Maybe if she added a jacket it would look more polished.

10. mochababe73 March 29, 2011 at 20:55 #

This looks as though she’s going out to lunch at the park with Suri. I love the dress, but I don’t think that it’s premiere appropriate.
    For the premiere of the Kennedy movie, I expected her to go all out. Not a gown, per se, but something that looked as though she put forth some effort.

11. Natty Style March 29, 2011 at 21:20 #

I don’t love the dress…It’s not bad, necessarily – but she could have had so much more fun with her outfit, especially given the role! She looks cute for taking Suri to the park, not for the world premier of a film she’s starring in…

12. Bia Mariano March 29, 2011 at 22:28 #

in this first picture, she looks like Natalie Portman when she ‘ brokes’ her legs in black swan…

13. Sharon March 30, 2011 at 01:47 #

It’s nice to see her in a color other than gray. And it’s nice to see a photo of her without either husband or child attached. But for someone whose legs are not her best feature, she sure manages to bring attention to them. This is the second photo I’ve seen of her at this event, and both of them look like she has a broken leg.

14. Vi March 30, 2011 at 03:09 #

She looks great!!!!! All negatives should take a look in the mirror at themselves and sweep the dust on their porch.

15. Karina March 30, 2011 at 03:40 #

I think the dress is not appropriate for the occasion too casual!!!

16. Emi March 30, 2011 at 06:58 #

Cute dress, but for a premiere is too simple… and she should pose better, look at her legs…

17. karen March 30, 2011 at 07:03 #

I think this dress is too casual for a premiere but at least it’s an improvement from her usual looks. Katie always looks so drabby and dresses too old for her age. I’m not sure if she’s trying to look older because of Tom or she’s just trying to look sophiscated but it just ages her. This Lauren dress is at least age appropriate but not event appropriate.

18. nicky March 30, 2011 at 08:15 #

The dress is simple and not really right for the occasion but I still think she looks beautiful. A good look that is refreshing and pretty. I don’t really think Katie wears her own line of clothes as other celebrities…she just tends to look sloppy.

19. KateS March 30, 2011 at 08:22 #

It’s cute if a little casual, but this feels like a missed opportunity for her to really have fun on the red carpet – nothing about this suggests Jackie O. Not that she should have come in-character, but she could have had fun with references.

20. rebecca o March 30, 2011 at 08:27 #

She looks lovely.

21. Faellie March 30, 2011 at 09:47 #

In the main picture she is posing like a little girl showing off, and in the close-up she looks remarkably like a dark-haired version of Nicole Kidman.

22. Alexandra March 30, 2011 at 15:39 #

This outfit says im meeting with my girlfriends for lunch and I might bring my daughter. The outfit is a bust sorry Katie we all know you can do better.

23. Jones19 March 30, 2011 at 20:49 #

It’s a cute dress but a little too casual for this event.

24. carol March 30, 2011 at 21:20 #

Love her, can’t stand him!!

25. Alicat March 31, 2011 at 02:43 #

The pose is unfortunate but the dress fresh and pretty, although too casual for the event as others have said. I like her with longer hair. It’s like she’s got back some of her lost youth. Mr C looks strange with the half tucked in shirt which is probably deliberate. lol

• Fashion Critic March 31, 2011 at 08:07 #