29.03.11 Beauty

Beauty School: Falsies 101

Recognize those eyes? Of course you do—a blind man knows that this gorgeous honey brown gaze belongs to a one Kim Kardashian.

Along with her infamous tush, her kooky family, her revolving love life and her flawless features, it’s her magnificent makeup that keeps the world captivated. Love her or hate her—She. Never. (Ever!) Gets. It. Wrong. Her brows? Groomed to perfection. Her cheeks? Impossibly (yet believably) flushed. Her foundation? Just like second-skin. Her eyeshadow? Ever immaculate. And then there’s her lashes.

We hear that Kardashian is a huge fan of Ja’maal Buster Eyelashes, as is Rihanna, Beyonce, Paris Hilton and Taylor Swift. To create her lush lash look, cut the lash band into a few pieces and strategically place them along the upper lash line for a dramatic, seductive effect.

As for the bottom set, some prefer to use short and mini individuals. But for us novices, there’s a special mascara for that. Clinique’s newest offering, Bottom Lash Mascara, features a doll-sized brush that lengthens and fans every single fine hair along your lower lash line for maximum intensity.

Ja’Maal Buster Eyelashes in Diva available for $15 at JamaalBuster.com | Clinique Bottom Lash Mascara, $10 at Clinique.com.

Credit: Fame Pictures

, , , , ,

Wish List Wednesday

Wish List Wednesday

Katie Holmes In Ralph Lauren -  "The Kennedys" World Premiere

Katie Holmes In Ralph Lauren – “The Kennedys” World Premiere

11 Responses to Beauty School: Falsies 101

1. roxana March 29, 2011 at 14:46 #

gorgeus girl!

2. JJovana3 March 29, 2011 at 14:58 #

Fake lashes piss me off. Kim Kardashian is quite beautiful without 45643875643 tons of MAC on her face. Just my two cents.

3. cartouche March 29, 2011 at 16:02 #

she always goes so overboard with her makeup..
    i am not digging the look of having crusty spider legs on my eyes either.

4. Danielle March 29, 2011 at 16:47 #

I really enjoyed this post! Beautifully written. And thanks for the insider deets on Kim’s gorgeous eyelashes.

• Tania March 29, 2011 at 22:56 #

Me too! /if I could put on fakes myselfI would wear them everyday!

5. molly March 29, 2011 at 17:15 #

I hate her makeup. She always cakes it on and it looks trashy. If she did something much more natural, she would look so pretty.

• justme March 29, 2011 at 19:23 #

This. As far as I’m concerned, she always gets it wrong in the make-up department because she just wears too much of it ALL.THE.TIME.
      And when your fake lashes reach your eyebrows, it’s time to cut them a little.

6. Kaylie March 29, 2011 at 23:18 #

She always looks so fake to me. I bet if you wiped all of the makeup off of her face, it would weigh about 5 pounds :-P

7. Dirk March 29, 2011 at 23:26 #

I’m always shocked that she doesn’t collapse under the weight of all that makeup. She usually just PILES it on.

8. gigi March 30, 2011 at 02:25 #

who couldnt recognize those eyes. With her signature trashy falsies and caked on facial powder. she has the potential to look beautiful if she would tone that make up down. I actually liked her appearence better when she was a begginner on the radcarpet. She didnt seem to look fake and overdone. ( remember sweetie LESS IS MORE.)

9. karen March 30, 2011 at 07:07 #

I have a love hate feeling when I see Kim. There are days when she just looks absolutely stunning on the red carpet makeup wise and then there are days when i see pictures of much too long lashes on her. Makes me want to take out sissors to snip them.