28.03.11

Mia Wasikowska In Balenciaga – Balenciaga and Spain Exhibit Opening Gala

Mia Wasikowska also attended the Balenciaga and Spain exhibit opening gala at de Young Museum in San Francisco last week.

Her all black look wasn’t particularly exciting considering the amazing pieces we know the house has in its archive, but I did love her Balenciaga necklace.

This necklace was presented during the Fall 2008 collection.

Black satin pumps, a chic updo and neutral make-up completed her look.

Credit: Patrick McMullan

Halle Berry In Atelier Versace - Late Show With David Letterman

Halle Berry In Atelier Versace – Late Show With David Letterman

Fergie In Herve Leger by Max Azria - 36th Birthday Party

Fergie In Herve Leger by Max Azria – 36th Birthday Party

10 Responses to Mia Wasikowska In Balenciaga – Balenciaga and Spain Exhibit Opening Gala

1. LizLemooooon March 28, 2011 at 16:07 #

She already has quite a mature looking face and this outfit just ages her. I don’t get why someone who has already proven she can act feels the need to dress so soberly AT AGE 20 with no hint of personality just so she can be taken seriously. Anyway on someone else this would be nice and elegant but on her it looks like her grandma dressed her.

• Tahj March 28, 2011 at 23:28 #

I disagree I think this couldn’t be more youthful especially because of the length. If this were on Sarah Jessica Parker it would look like she was trying to dress young .But on her it works.

2. Luis March 28, 2011 at 16:28 #

I’m not so keen on the fitting.

3. Ethne Blist March 28, 2011 at 16:54 #

I like everything but the black pumps. She looks great. The dress is meh but works for her.

4. Nat39 March 28, 2011 at 17:35 #

This amazing necklace looks like a torture device on her. A brighter make-up would’ve helped.

5. Sharon March 28, 2011 at 18:46 #

The necklace is beautiful, but even it can’t help this really dull outfit. What a shame.

6. Naomi March 28, 2011 at 19:37 #

I could never, for the life of me, understand the seam line in middle of so many dresses.
    Those under the boobs are unflattering as well, but I can understand they’re there to, well, make room for the boobs.
    But the one in the middle? what is up with that?

7. Clau March 28, 2011 at 22:11 #

I absolutely hate this look. Could she look more dead? Seriously, she’s so pretty.

8. mochababe73 March 28, 2011 at 22:27 #

The dress is so simple and boring that she could have gone hog wild with her footwear. Some Alexander McQueen shoes would have really elevated this dress.
    As it is, she looks like a bridesmaid.

9. Tahj March 28, 2011 at 23:27 #

BDOTW contender. I love this. Why do people say something is boring ONLY because it’s black? Anything black and it’s automatically labeled boring? So you’re basically spitting all over Audrey Hepburn’s LBD philosophy and Coco Chanel.

When you have a sleek black dress like this, with the right neckline, what could be more flattering than to pair it with a stunning statement necklace to create a striking overall look? Not to mention it’s age appropriate. Perfection.