28.03.11

Gwyneth Paltrow In Antonio Berardi – Balenciaga and Spain Exhibit Opening Gala

Gwyneth Paltrow attended the Balenciaga and Spain exhibit opening gala at de Young Museum last week in San Francisco.

The blonde actress wore an Antonio Berardi dress which she styled with hot pink heels which I very much appreciate.

I don’t know if it’s her posture or the fact that Gwynie (as always) isn’t wearing a bra, but something about the top half of this navy and black dress is throwing me off despite the bold shoulders.

I really found myself more focus on her companion, Juliet de Baubigny.

The San Francisco businesswoman and friend of Gwyn wore an Andrew Gn Fall 2011 gold metallic pleated gown, which was recently presented during Paris Fashion Week – which proves you don’t have to be a celebrity to get first dibs on looks fresh off the runway.

Her stunning gown has embroidered details on the shoulder and on the waist.

Me thinks she upstaged Ms Paltrow.

Credit: Patrick McMullan

Zendaya Coleman In Peter Pilotto - Pre-BET Awards Dinner

Zendaya Coleman In Peter Pilotto – Pre-BET Awards Dinner

Gwyneth Paltrow In Alexander Wang - Good Morning America

Gwyneth Paltrow In Alexander Wang – Good Morning America

13 Responses to Gwyneth Paltrow In Antonio Berardi – Balenciaga and Spain Exhibit Opening Gala

1. Pati March 28, 2011 at 12:37 #

She sure did! She looks outstanding!!! The only thing I like about Gwyneth´s look are her shoes! I like both the colour and the almond shaped toe! It´s so flattering.

2. Luis Santos March 28, 2011 at 12:45 #

So, so disappointed. They have the opportunity of wear one of the more fashion forward label (Balenciaga) and surprises us with an unusual look… But they prefer to play safe and boring…

3. Adler March 28, 2011 at 12:47 #

I like both looks, but Julie upstages Gwyneth. The gown has a dark but glamorous feeling.

4. Joy March 28, 2011 at 13:17 #

Gwyneth looks fierce.

5. Thomas Monks March 28, 2011 at 15:10 #

FC do u think that Andrew sent this gown to Gwyn and it didnt fit right so she gave it to Julie%Pr

• Fashion Critic March 28, 2011 at 15:55 #

No. This is not how dress loans work. You can’t just give it to a friend as it would ruin the relationship you have with the designer.

Julie is wealthy enough and influential enough to have purchased or have been loaned this dress on her own merit.

She is very much the type of society woman who buys Andrew Gn.

6. Nat39 March 28, 2011 at 16:17 #

Juliet’s gown may be quite spectacular but not on her, she isn’t tall enough to pull it off. Without the right height/silhouette, the dress loses some of its dramatic effect, and her hair kills it completely.
    Really like Gwyneth’s pink heels with the navy skirt . The top half reminds me of a black swimming suit, and it looks like she’s simply wearing a pencil skirt on top of it. Her messy hair is distracting.
    Juliet’s gown on Gwyneth and a gorgeous updo would’ve been a dream come true.

7. mari March 28, 2011 at 16:28 #

love the metallic dress on that woman, and she’s glowing, don’t know who she is, but i can tell taht she’s happy to be there.
    Gwynnie… I do not understand her or Katie Holmes, having small boobs does not mean you can go sans bra, or at least wear one when you ae going to these type of events.
    I remember that Mcqueen dress she wore at the 2002 Oscars… her chest and posture looked terrible. She has come a long way since then, but maybe some thing will never change… re: no bra.

8. karen March 28, 2011 at 18:47 #

Gwyneth has bad posture. Some pictures show it much more than others. I don’t mind her dress but i can not stand it when people wear red or bright pink shoes with dark or white dresses. Maybe it’s just me but I don’t like it.

• KateS March 29, 2011 at 01:15 #

I agree, a really strong, bright shoe colour is just too jarring with black or white. Gwynneth’s shoes look like they belong on a barbie doll and draw the eye away from her face.
      Juliet looks stunning.

9. mochababe73 March 28, 2011 at 22:39 #

I love the Andrew Gn dress, but I find that it falls flat on the business woman.
    For me, it’s the color of the bodice and the placement of the top of the skirt. I don’t know. It’s just weird.

10. pipsqueak March 28, 2011 at 22:47 #

I’m usually a Gwyneth fan, but in this instance, I thought Juliet de Baubigny totally upstaged her, too! Gwyn looked older and boring in this Antonio Berardi number. And those pink pumps aren’t making it better. She seemed like someone clueless of fashion or what works on her body but put on whatever is in, just b/c she came across a Glamour article in the hair salon that says, “XYZ is in this season!”

11. Ariel March 28, 2011 at 23:38 #

Juliet de Baubigny looks gorgeous. Always loved Andrew GN’s designs. Love Gwyneth’s pink pumps!