25.03.11

Emmy Rossum In YSL – The Metropolitan Opera Premiere of Le Comte Ory

On Tuesday Emmy Rossum excitedly tweeted that she was having a fitting with YSL.

I can see why she was so excited when she stepped onto the red carpet at the Metropolitan Opera Premiere of Le Comte Ory in New York City last night.

The “Shameless” actress was radiant wearing a draped jade YSL gown which was accented with a purple bejeweled waistband which complemented her suede YSL peep-toes.

There’s nothing like bold red lips and big bouncy waves to complete a stunning look.

I love that even her hidden heels are perfection.

BDOTW?

Credit: Fame Pictures

In Marisa Tomei's Closet - Vivienne Westwood Gold Label Lily Floral-Print Corset Dress

In Marisa Tomei’s Closet – Vivienne Westwood Gold Label Lily Floral-Print Corset Dress

The Metropolitan Opera Premiere of Le Comte Ory

The Metropolitan Opera Premiere of Le Comte Ory

26 Responses to Emmy Rossum In YSL – The Metropolitan Opera Premiere of Le Comte Ory

1. Ethne Blist March 25, 2011 at 15:04 #

Emmy Rossum has great style and rarely looks awful. i like this look a lot. I am not sure about BDOTW though because there were a lot of good looks this week.

2. Matt R March 25, 2011 at 15:05 #

She looks gorgeous. There is so much color going on here, but it works.The bright red lip may be a bit much, at least in my opinion, but a worthy BDOTW candidate.

3. Hannah March 25, 2011 at 15:08 #

LOoooooooveeeee. This dress is GORGEOUS. Why did that moment earlier with the suave thign have to happen, especially when this is possible? The waistband is gorgeous. I love when YSL goes all morrocan-y and includes stones, ’twas one of the man himself’s siginiatures. The nails are even gorgous.

4. jx March 25, 2011 at 15:21 #

BDOTW contender for sure.

5. Hermione Weasley March 25, 2011 at 15:21 #

Yes! Absolutely in love with the colors.

6. CB March 25, 2011 at 15:22 #

I find the draping on the right side of the skirt a bit distracting. It looks like she is an amputee, which then makes her other leg look short and oddly proportioned. Is she kicking her leg back in this picture? Something just isn’t sitting well.

Love it from the waistband up though.

• maria March 25, 2011 at 16:23 #

i totally agree. that draping is unfortunate.
      I also dislike the makeup. Too strong on the eyes and the shade of lipstick is a bit bright.

• G March 25, 2011 at 19:20 #

Completely agree on both counts.

7. Adler March 25, 2011 at 15:24 #

WOW!! What a change form the previous event, the dress is stunning, the color looks great on her, and I love the shoes. The hair & make up look great with the whole look.

8. Rebecca March 25, 2011 at 15:26 #

Gorgeous. love the colors, and they look wonderful on her. Her make-up is spectacular and vibrant, appropriate with this dramatic gown.

9. dee March 25, 2011 at 15:27 #

Wow she looks stunning. BDOTW.

10. Nat39 March 25, 2011 at 15:28 #

Don’t like the combination of these colours, the draping looks awkward. Absolutely hate the make-up, it’s just wrong – the eyeshadow, the lipstick colour.
    NOT bdotw worthy.

11. rebecca March 25, 2011 at 15:34 #

ahh!:( as much as i LOVED the dress, ithink she sadly killed it with the makeup.:(

12. mol March 25, 2011 at 15:37 #

This whole look is beautiful, just the makeup seems a little overdone to me..

13. OZALES March 25, 2011 at 15:45 #

I like the look, minus the makeup. Her eye makeup is too much for her bright red lipstick and the blush should have been a little lighter.. She looks good but NOT BDOTW

14. moja31 March 25, 2011 at 15:49 #

she looks perfect, love the shoes. i’d say she deserves a bdotw nod.

15. A March 25, 2011 at 15:52 #

Definitely BDotW!

16. justme March 25, 2011 at 16:05 #

BDOTW worthy for me. The make-up is a little heavy but she’s at the opera so it’s fitting lol.

17. Sharon March 25, 2011 at 16:35 #

Her makeup does seem a little heavy, but everything else about her is so beautiful that I’d still include her in BDOTW. Absolutely love the shoes.

18. Alina March 25, 2011 at 16:41 #

HATE the make-up and I’m not sure about the hair either. It’s a shame because the rest of the look is gorgeous.

19. shap_half March 25, 2011 at 19:51 #

I think she looks good and deserve to make the final BDOTW list, but her make-up is severe. She looks too editorial/porcelain doll.

20. mari March 25, 2011 at 20:10 #

Is it my imagination or are the 80′s coming back a little? examples, the shoulder pads, the colored skinny jeans and the color combinations in some dresses and now , in her make up.

The 80′s were literally crrazy in many fashion aspects, but truth is I do not hate that decade’s fashion, and it is normal that some fades come back.
    I like her make up, and love the colors in her dress, they agree with her, but I do not like the top of her hair, like it is too flat at the top, maybe side parted?

21. Carolina March 25, 2011 at 21:29 #

The make up is crazy old lady.

22. anna March 25, 2011 at 21:39 #

Stunning!
    She looks like a diva! hehehe

BDOTW contender for sure!

23. unvacuous March 25, 2011 at 22:13 #

I like the outfit and accesories but ……HOT PINK CHEEKS + ORANGE RED LIPS + SHINY BROWN EYESHADOW + BLUE-GREEN EYELINER!!! looks like her makeup is trying to match all the colors in her belt. She should have just stopped at the lipstick.

24. mochababe73 March 26, 2011 at 19:02 #

I don’t like the crazy draping and the matching clutch.
    The color is pretty and much better than all of those black dresses.