25.03.11

Celebrity Shoe Swap: Miranda Cosgrove

Miranda Cosgrove attended the Points Of Light Institute Tribute to former President George H.W. Bush wearing dark grey Stuart Weitzman patent pumps. These heels are distracting and don’t work with her peachy/pink/nude dress.

She needed a nude, blush or pastel coloured shoe.

Shoes Miranda Should Have Worn:

Brian Atwood’s blush coloured Wagner satin peep-toe pumps blend perfectly with Miranda’s outfit. This heel works well because the satin texture on the pump contrasts with the fabric on her dress.

The lilac Pour La Victoire Irina pumps are beautiful and complement the tint of purple featured on Miranda’s dress. This heel is age and event appropriate for Miranda.

Miu Miu’s antique rose leather platform pumps would have saved the day. They’re a much better shoe choice and work with the overall pinkish hue.

The Chrisse Morris nude and metallic bronze tassel pumps are such a fun shoe. If Miranda would have removed her necklace (which doesn’t work either) these heels would have been a unique shoe choice. They’re completely different from her dress but still work since they feature pink, nude and bronze colors.

Which pair would you pick for Miranda?

By Shoerazzi

Credit: Getty

2012 Teen Choice Awards Red Carpet Round-Up

2012 Teen Choice Awards Red Carpet Round-Up

Celebrity Shoe Swap: Keira Knightley

Celebrity Shoe Swap: Keira Knightley

20 Responses to Celebrity Shoe Swap: Miranda Cosgrove

1. Nia March 25, 2011 at 14:06 #

The Chrisse Moriss would have jazzed up her outfit nicely, but the Brian Atwood pair if she was going for simple, smooth elegance.

2. maria March 25, 2011 at 14:17 #

either the Brian Atwoods or Chrisse Morris. I LOVE the Chrisse Morris.

3. Manja March 25, 2011 at 14:22 #

Chrisse Moriss def the best chioce

4. Naomi March 25, 2011 at 14:28 #

What a great look, what horrible shoes.
    I would’ve picked the Brian Atwood

5. Courteney March 25, 2011 at 14:31 #

I love the Chrisse Morris heels!

6. Ethne Blist March 25, 2011 at 14:36 #

The Biran Atwoods. Her whole look is so meh.

7. LizLemooooon March 25, 2011 at 14:42 #

The Chrisse Morris shoes are definitely the best shoes. I love this section!
    Since some celebs and stylists read your site this might give them some incentive to spice up their looks. So many perfectly wonderful outfits made boring and awkward by clunky samey heels.
    Good job FC!

• Fashion Critic March 25, 2011 at 14:43 #

this was done by Shoerazzi x

8. Luis Santos March 25, 2011 at 14:46 #

Definitely Miu Miu, despite Chrisse Morris are the most beautiful, but didn’t work with the dress.

• Alina March 25, 2011 at 17:10 #

I agree.
      I also think that the Pour La Victoire would have looked good.

9. Elena March 25, 2011 at 14:57 #

I forgot what this post is about… I just fell in love with the Chrisse Morris shoes… *swoon*

10. CreoleLady March 25, 2011 at 15:06 #

I was a little concerned about the addition of Shoerazzi posts. If I wanted shoes, I could go directly to Shoerazzi’s web site (which I have done and enjoyed, btw). I worried about the dilution of this blog’s focus.

This post makes me realize there is no cause for concern. It gives all of us who moan about some of the shoes featured in looks the FC has posted on RCFA to try to do a little styling. I look forward to more posts like this one.

• Fashion Critic March 25, 2011 at 15:13 #

thank you CreoleLady.

11. Hannah March 25, 2011 at 15:13 #

The chris morris shoes are gorgous! I really hate the neckalce, and the dress is well eblow her usualyl good standards.. I cannot pictuer the chris morris sheos with this dres, but I wish she had switched her whoel outfit to centre aroudn them. I actually wish she had worn a chic tux, a la A nn aHathaway or Leighton Meester, and wore her hair up and had all the focus on her gorgeous face adn the gorgeous chris morris shoes. I hope Leighton meester wears them aswell. She has good choice is shoes. I really am lovign these shoerazzi posts!
    P.S Why does Miranda cosgrove like to stand like a man?

12. Giuseppi Giraffe March 25, 2011 at 15:22 #

I actually like her look here, distracting accessories and all- I think it looks kiddish or something- I don’t know what to call it :) but it doesn’t come across as professional. It looks like she put it all together herself.

Having said that though, I’m going between either the Pour la Victoire pumps or the Chrisse Morris tassle sandles (and yes, lose the necklace then)

FC I love these collaborative blog posts you’ve been adding.

• Fashion Critic March 25, 2011 at 15:49 #

I’m very happy to hear this x

13. mol March 25, 2011 at 15:39 #

Love the way you organize your posts Shoerazzi – the Chrisse Morris shoes are my favorite option here….

14. Sarah March 25, 2011 at 21:29 #

The Chrisse Morris heels are TO DIE FOR! I love shoes like this that deviate from the normal shoe formula… <3 the laces with the tassels.

15. Sharon March 26, 2011 at 20:48 #

I’d have kept the shoes and changed the dress. I really don’t like it. However, I really do like the Chrisse Morris shoes – for me.

16. Erin June 27, 2011 at 19:35 #

I disagree, I like Miranda’s shoe choice. A little contrast is good.