25.03.11

A very fashionable crowd attended the Metropolitan Opera Premiere of Le Comte Ory in New York City last night.

The event was presented by Yves Saint Laurent, who dressed all the celebrity attendees.

Ashley and Mary-Kate Olsen (joint at the hip) opted for very different looks.

Ashley looked fabulous wearing a green stole over her black shift dress, whilst her sister wore a long and loose black polka dot dress with a grey sleeveless coat.

Ashley hair was styled into a chic updo. MK opted for a side-sweeping plait.

The sisters complete their looks wearing black pumps and carrying YSL clutches.

Credit: Fame Pictures

Sidewalk Style: Elle Macpherson In Roberto Cavalli & Bottega Veneta

Sidewalk Style: Elle Macpherson In Roberto Cavalli & Bottega Veneta

Celebrity Shoe Swap: Miranda Cosgrove

Celebrity Shoe Swap: Miranda Cosgrove

24 Responses to Ashley & Mary-Kate Olsen In YSL – The Metropolitan Opera Premiere of Le Comte Ory

1. Ethne Blist March 25, 2011 at 13:05 #

Ashley’s style is more comprehendable and feminine than Mary Kate’s. I do not understand Mary Kate’s style at all. I like Ashley’s (vintage?) green fur stole.

2. mm March 25, 2011 at 13:08 #

Wow i am so glad they appear to have given up looking like bag ladies. Everything thing looks very luxe!

3. Alina March 25, 2011 at 13:12 #

LOVE them both! So stylish.

• mol March 25, 2011 at 15:35 #

Ditto

4. Morgane March 25, 2011 at 13:35 #

Except the green fur stole which is chic, i absolutly don’t understand and like their style. I don’t find them elegant at all!

5. Adler March 25, 2011 at 13:37 #

Ashley looks really great. The dress is simple but very elegant, and I love the adition of the green stole. Her sister’ look isn’t of my taste…

6. Cheryl March 25, 2011 at 13:47 #

I’ve always admired how different they were from the rest of young Hollywood in terms of style, but now, I feel they’re more polished instead of throwing on vintage boho stuff left, right and centre.

On a side note: I want those clutches. GIMME!! Anyone know where I can find them?

7. ShoeGal March 25, 2011 at 14:01 #

I can usually throw these 2 a fashion bone because they do go outside the box with their style. But they just look old here. The dresses make them both look like 60 year old women. There’s not a hint of youth in either of their looks. I am not clearly not a fan here.

8. Leo March 25, 2011 at 14:17 #

In love with Ashley’s look :D

9. maria March 25, 2011 at 14:26 #

i like Ashley’s look a lot. Mary Kate looks better than usual, but i would need to get a better look of the dress and hate the hair.
    Love the clutches and jewelry.

10. Luis Santos March 25, 2011 at 14:48 #

Thank God you posted the red carpet photos without sunglasses. They look better than normal, but i dislike Ashley shoes! The thing i like the most in their looks are the YSL clutches.

• Fashion Critic March 25, 2011 at 15:01 #

those glasses were ridic

11. Vicky March 25, 2011 at 15:04 #

I wish they weren’t so slouchy.

• Fiona March 26, 2011 at 00:07 #

I don’t know why they would slouch anyway, when you’re so short that is the last thing you should do! Don’t like their outfits really, I appreciate they have a look but it’s not for me.

12. Hannah March 25, 2011 at 15:17 #

I muc prefer Ashley’s, but I don’t hate Mary KAte’s. I love that YSL is such a simple, chic, not bag lady designer that when they are obliged to them neither of them look like an afore mentioned bag lady. The clutches are the best part of both looks though, IMO.

13. Giuseppi Giraffe March 25, 2011 at 15:26 #

funny- i was getting ready to say I like everything they’ve both done, but the green stole is throwing me a little. I go between liing it and being distracted by it.

14. jx March 25, 2011 at 15:26 #

i like how they dress on gala events, but i also can appreciate their distinct off-duty “bag lady” looks too. they are two of this generation’s true style eccentrics.

15. Sharon March 25, 2011 at 16:33 #

I’ll agree – they do look better than usual, but their horrible hunched over stance ruins everything and makes them look like old women with osteoporosis.

16. Carolina March 25, 2011 at 21:31 #

17. Louise March 25, 2011 at 23:29 #

Very stylish. The green stole is gorgeous, and perfect for the event.

18. thian March 26, 2011 at 00:53 #

they look devastating…..

19. Emi March 26, 2011 at 08:40 #

I think they both look terrible, and most of all they should pick another eyeshadow and eyepencil because they look like they’re going to an Halloween party dressed like like living corpses.

20. Terry March 26, 2011 at 16:56 #

Sorry but I love MK’s outfit. That polka-dot dress, with the slightly puffy sleeves, was sublime. I like how she paired such a romantic piece with a more structured item, the coat. She does modern goth look like no other.

21. mochababe73 March 26, 2011 at 19:05 #

Dare I say that the actually look “normal” while still retaining their vintage vibe.
    You can be vintage and bohemian without look as though you live on the streets.